Bourbon

Jimbaround

36 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Weller Antique?, and you said it was dry out there

Oh it's still dry, they made me beg. Spec's is getting cute with Henry McKenna 10 now and keeping it in the back. I'm not a fan, but y'all should be cursing Fred Minnick. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Oh it's still dry, they made me beg. Spec's is getting cute with Henry McKenna 10 now and keeping it in the back. I'm not a fan, but y'all should be cursing Fred Minnick. 

Trust me, when Fred published his piece on HM10 winning Double gold, he became the enemy. 

We made Huge open a couple tonight.  Had the Kentucky Owl 2nd, Boss Hogg, Hancock Reserve, 2013 George T; and a light snip of the Van Winkle Lot B (circa 2012?)

Good times were had

Edit: forgot the Midsummer Night's Dram and Elmer T Lee.

Edited by Jimbaround

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

As something that can be found at every store, I would think HM10 is one of the best options. 

The sad thing, at least where I've looked around Houston, (W & NW) it can't be found in every store anymore, many stores sold out, others pushing prices past $35, if they have it. One store had 6 bottles at $39.99. Some are calling it allocated 

14 hours ago, brown water said:

I'm tired of catching up on the CR threads. Opened my GTS 2017.  Sipping on W12 as an opener. 20 oz ribeye waiting for the grill. Anyone of you assholes that feels like commiserating can PM me. Fair warning- I'm stumbling around a bit. 

34fcqyo.jpg

Before you ask - this is amazing.  I know because I had it a while back at Brennan's.   

However last night Mrs. Brown Water decided I didn't need anymore and poured this glass down the sink because I left it on the kitchen counter to breathe.   

Don't worry guys, she is ok.  But I'm taking suggestions on how she should rectify this matter.  

33 minutes ago, brown water said:

34fcqyo.jpg

Before you ask - this is amazing.  I know because I had it a while back at Brennan's.   

However last night Mrs. Brown Water decided I didn't need anymore and poured this glass down the sink because I left it on the kitchen counter to breathe.   

Don't worry guys, she is ok.  But I'm taking suggestions on how she should rectify this matter.  

I think you should move along. You must have done something to piss her off. Take it from me. You can never win in the situations. Besides, she probably home only with your babies than you are.

What's the assumed age statement on Wild Turkey 101? I've been thinking about enjoying a bottle for old time's sake. 

Don’t know about age but I think WT 101 may be the best $20 bottle of bourbon out there. Great in any cocktail.

BTW sounds like wifey has good taste in bourbon.

4 hours ago, brown water said:

34fcqyo.jpg

Well, you could go over and drop the mic on the wives and stupid shit thread.

BW, nowhere near as bad as my wife making a “Pappy vanhattan” with my Pappy 15. While I was in the emergency room getting my missing fingertip cauterized (accident caused by too much Bourbon). 

Well now that I think about it, at least the Pappy was consumed. Still infuriates me. 

16 hours ago, brown water said:

34fcqyo.jpg

More often than I would like to admit I get really shit faced and my wife packs all my booze up and threatens to throw it out in bulk.  To date there have been no irrevocable catastrophes, but we've gotten close.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TxTower said:

Is it worth a C note?

Yes, but I can find it for about half of that if you look long enough. I’ve seen probably 10 Of them on shelf in last two weeks from $58 to $80. The A918 maybe the best value for the money at 135+ proof.

not for the weak hearted

On 3/24/2019 at 12:31 PM, TxTower said:

Don’t know about age but I think WT 101 may be the best $20 bottle of bourbon out there. Great in any cocktail.

BTW sounds like wifey has good taste in bourbon.

Last year's lot LL/G was said to even have some 10 year in it by Eddie Russel due to dumping a bunch of 6 year barrels for Longbranch due to it's popularity.

Edited by TXs

super pumped about the whiskey social in houston this coming saturday.  my second time to go.  sampling all 5 btac's, as well as about 200 other bourbons and scotches.  last year i sampled all 5 pappy's too, as well as about 6 different years worth of birthday bourbons.
Uhhhhh, care to share the details of this nirvana? I have no idea what you're talking about, but I want to go to there.

On 3/24/2019 at 8:28 AM, brown water said:

34fcqyo.jpg

Hopefully, at very least,  she now understands the the gravity of the offense she committed ...

Edited by RaylanGivens

14 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:
16 hours ago, thrillhammer said:
super pumped about the whiskey social in houston this coming saturday.  my second time to go.  sampling all 5 btac's, as well as about 200 other bourbons and scotches.  last year i sampled all 5 pappy's too, as well as about 6 different years worth of birthday bourbons.

Uhhhhh, care to share the details of this nirvana? I have no idea what you're talking about, but I want to go to there.

https://g.co/kgs/yAhmZf

Hopefully the link works

32 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:
16 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Hopefully the link works

It does appear that all the VIP tickets are sold out. 

9 hours ago, ckhorn said:

Yes, but I can find it for about half of that if you look long enough. I’ve seen probably 10 Of them on shelf in last two weeks from $58 to $80. The A918 maybe the best value for the money at 135+ proof.

not for the weak hearted

Then why do you want to know if it is worth $100?

7 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
23 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

do i need to google that for you?  i think this is the third year of it.  i missed the first year. it's a blast.  with the vip tickets you had your choice of either the pappy or the btac tasting.  last year i could do both.  10 of the best bourbons on the market in a two hour period.   this year they are at the same time so i had to pick and chose the btac.   i'm hoping there will be some other rare bourbons there too, aka weller and elijah craig.

19 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

So sad today to hear Weller and EC in the same sentence as “rare”. Oh how the times have changed....

there's rumored to be some single barrel weller antique there, as well as some single barrel EC.  last year i was not expecting to see all the birthday bourbons there, but they must have had at least 6 years worth.  that was a popular booth to say the least.

9 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Hopefully the link works

It does appear that all the VIP tickets are sold out. 

Yeah, I figured there was some special willy wonka ticket for the BTAC stuff. Too bad, sounds like a great deal, and I would gladly pay $200 to sample all that stuff. No way I'm paying 80 bucks for GA to try some scotch I have never heard of. 

20 minutes ago, huge said:

Going to the Bahamas this weekend.

Blantons Gold $109

SFTB $124

Can anyone convince me on the latter?

Or just bring home two regular for $67 each

Sent from my iButthole

Pay attention kids. This is how you humblebrag 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I fucking love McKenna and I love even more that I can find it on a shelf at plenty of places for like 30 bucks.