Jimbaround

3 hours ago, huge said:

Going to the Bahamas this weekend.

Blantons Gold $109

SFTB $124

Can anyone convince me on the latter?

Or just bring home two regular for $67 each

Sent from my iButthole

SFTB. My God I love that shit. I’m going in May. I’m going to take notes. 

21 minutes ago, thestud said:

Huge, at those prices I’d buy everything they have. If it’s more than you think you can drink then use them as trade bait, or send some to your favorite North Texas asshole?

Isn't there a customs limit?

I’ve been seeing Makers Mark Cask Strength at $36-$39 for the 750ml.

High proof wheater under $50. Any fans of this stuff?

It takes like you’d expect it to. A stronger Maker’s Mark. I think that’s a good thing. If you like Maker’s I think you’d like the cask strength.

How are the Elijah Craig Store Picks from last year? Deb’s tried to sell me some while I was in Austin. The sample was pretty good. I recently picked up a bottle as filler in an online order. 

I’m not having a great picking year thus far. Two bottles of Schenk’s, and one bottle of Weller Antique. 

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How are the Elijah Craig Store Picks from last year? Deb’s tried to sell me some while I was in Austin. The sample was pretty good. I recently picked up a bottle as filler in an online order. 

I’m not having a great picking year thus far. Two bottles of Schenk’s, and one bottle of Weller Antique. 

I bought a bottle of Deb's store pick ec small batch. It's pretty good but was overpriced. It was aged 9 yeas though.

A guy I know sent me some Pappy 15 because I’ve never had it before. I’m enjoying it right now. It started out a little strong, but after the third sip, it settled down, and it is smooth as fuck. The thing that sticks out to me the most is the incredible balance. It has the sweet cherry and oak note in sweet harmony. It actually surprised me a little. It is delicious. 

6 hours ago, TXs said:

How does anyone like the Belle Meade Cask Strength? I might go pick up a bottle tomorrow ($80).

I’m not a fan of Belle Meade Reserve. A lot of people like it though. The MSRP is about $55. 

The single barrels above 9 years old are usually really good and worth $80. The Belle Meade 11 Single Barrel was one of the better sourced bourbons I’ve had. 

13 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

A guy I know sent me some Pappy 15 because I’ve never had it before. I’m enjoying it right now. It started out a little strong, but after the third sip, it settled down, and it is smooth as fuck. The thing that sticks out to me the most is the incredible balance. It has the sweet cherry and oak note in sweet harmony. It actually surprised me a little. It is delicious. 

How many times did you put out for him?

Has anyone ever had Yellow Rose bourbon? I brought up bourbon at work, and a superior of mine mentioned enjoying Yellow Rose recently. Now, I didn’t get the inclination that bourbon was his regular choice of drink. I’m sure he just wanted to express a commonality with his subordinates. Instead of imposing my views on him, I realized I’ve never actually tried Yellow Rose. I’ve only read meh reviews so I didnt waste the money. 

Well went back today for another bottle of the willet 4 yr rye (were 6 more yesterday) and they were all gone. 

Ended up w a bottle Yippee Ki Yay for $65. Been wanting to try and am a sucker for finished whiskey.