Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

You’re in almost every thread bitching about Beard and defending Shaka. It’s become obvious you’re upset that he was fired. 

Nope. Always fully supported shaka being fired.

I’d love for Beard to succeed, and expect him to, but you’re blind if you can’t see how ass our team plays at times (like the last 10 minutes last night).

I’ve also never defended Shaka here or anywhere. Just noted when he’s had some big wins.

im sorry you’re not intelligent enough to grasp nuances beyond “SHAKA BAD!!!” or “BEARD GOOD!!!” but that’s a personal problem

• Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Nope. Always fully supported shaka being fired.

I’d love for Beard to succeed, and expect him to, but you’re blind if you can’t see how ass our team plays at times (like the last 10 minutes last night).

I’ve also never defended Shaka here or anywhere. Just noted when he’s had some big wins.

im sorry you’re not intelligent enough to grasp nuances beyond “SHAKA BAD!!!” or “BEARD GOOD!!!” but that’s a personal problem

Yeah, you arguing “we wouldn’t know the result for Shaka at Texas with transfers” is really a nuanced position with 6 years of data and no tournament wins. 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, you arguing “we wouldn’t know the result for Shaka at Texas with transfers” is really a nuanced position with 6 years of data and no tournament wins. 

I never said we wouldn’t know the result.

I said we have no way to know what the roster would look like this year. 

Reading is pretty easy if put in some practice, I promise. Don’t give up just because it’s a little hard for you.

• Fuck You 4

I never said we wouldn’t know the result.

I said we have no way to know what the roster would look like this year. 

Reading is pretty easy if put in some practice, I promise. Don’t give up just because it’s a little hard for you.

• Fuck You 3

19 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Someone’s continuing with his little meltdown…

4F480719-3734-4E55-B28C-99A8BFA251EC.png

You negged me first, dipshit. Twice, because you couldn’t handle the back and forth. I let the first one go, but with the second one, it was obvious you’re just a pussy that can’t handle discourse. So I negged your weak shit on the last two pages, fully expecting to then come on here and see you whine about it, which you laughably and predictably did. 

I enjoy being petty. I’ll use a mid morning coffee break to go through tomorrow and neg every post you’ve ever made if you bitch any further and act duplicitous. You won’t be able to shame me or change my behavior with any of it either. So, your move, Mr. Checkers. 

Also, sorry for your loss today. Don’t take it too hard, I’m sure Shakablah will have a big recovery for you. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lmao bill obrien stans exist. Ok then.

I done learnt somethin today, let me try it out. I wasn’t stansing for BoB, fuckface. I like it better as two words but I’ll trust the diatribe master on spelling. I read earlier today that the Patriots might be interested in hiring BoB, for the second fucking time. I guess the goat has a soft spot for shitty OC’s because he doesn’t have any other options lol. The dude is fine as an OC, awful GM and probably a bad head coach overall but just fine calling plays. Oh and fuck Shaka for wasting everybody’s time. Apologies for the thread disruption 

On 1/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, closetojumping said:

You negged me first, dipshit. Twice, because you couldn’t handle the back and forth. I let the first one go, but with the second one, it was obvious you’re just a pussy that can’t handle discourse. So I negged your weak shit on the last two pages, fully expecting to then come on here and see you whine about it, which you laughably and predictably did. 

I enjoy being petty. I’ll use a mid morning coffee break to go through tomorrow and neg every post you’ve ever made if you bitch any further and act duplicitous. You won’t be able to shame me or change my behavior with any of it either. So, your move, Mr. Checkers. 

Also, sorry for your loss today. Don’t take it too hard, I’m sure Shakablah will have a big recovery for you. 

You sound like a happy, sane, well balanced individual.

Marquette was +2 yesterday BTW. It's called a "push."

• Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

You sound like a happy, sane, well balanced individual.

Marquette was +2 yesterday BTW. It's called a "push."

You're a rube sprinting around the board attempting to spin Shaka's bullshit into gold thread by tying it to gambling. No one cares.

Also, thanks for the compliments.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Gonna be hard seeding wise. Texas is a 8/9 or last 4 in. Shaka probably gets his tourney win this year. MU is salty. 

Unless we tank down the stretch (I mean really bad) we are not a last 4 in team 

• Hook 'Em 3

The amount of stupidity from Texas fans when it comes to bracketology never ceases to amaze me. 

It really is amazing. 
I had just page long slap fights one year with people during the Barnes era that had us out or last 4 in and we got like an 8 seed. We were literally an average of 7 point something and in all 100 brackets and people on the shag were arguing stupid shit like “we have to at least make the conference title game”. 
it’s really mystifying. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It really is amazing. 
I had just page long slap fights one year with people during the Barnes era that had us out or last 4 in and we got like an 8 seed. We were literally an average of 7 point something and in all 100 brackets and people on the shag were arguing stupid shit like “we have to at least make the conference title game”. 
it’s really mystifying. 

It really isn't that mystifying. There aren't a ton of hoops fanatics on here. There are a ton of Horns fans. 

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I can see this team finishing with 3 more conf wins and 1 conf tourney win. I meant by last 4 in the play in game - my bad there. Confused my terminology. 

Wtf are you taking about?  You think this team can win 4 games from now until selection Sunday and be in the play in game?  Dude- if we win 4 we are being selected and we are a bye team. 
Look, right now the big 12 has 8 teams (out of 10) marked for the tournament. In our last 9 conference games of the year every single team we play is considered a tournament team right now, and 6 of the 9 games come against teams on the 1, 2 and 3 line respectively. 
there is literally no scenario where we win 3 games against tournament teams (and likely another game against a tournament team in the conference tourney) and are forced to the play in game. 
This Texas team won’t have a single bad loss on the year. We will have a couple (at least) quality wins, and we are a brand name in a brand conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It really isn't that mystifying. There aren't a ton of hoops fanatics on here. There are a ton of Horns fans. 

I guess the mystifying part is the continued and loud arguing about a subject that they are demonstratably wrong about and the incessant inability to say- gee- guess I had that wrong. 
I get arguing a dumb take until it’s wrong but when people would attach bracket matrix links showing 100% tournament participant and they’d still be like nope- got to win it all at the conference tourney- it was just dumb. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I guess the mystifying part is the continued and loud arguing about a subject that they are demonstratably wrong about and the incessant inability to say- gee- guess I had that wrong. 
I get arguing a dumb take until it’s wrong but when people would attach bracket matrix links showing 100% tournament participant and they’d still be like nope- got to win it all at the conference tourney- it was just dumb. 

I'm sure you're aware of where you're posting. 

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wtf are you taking about?  You think this team can win 4 games from now until selection Sunday and be in the play in game?  Dude- if we win 4 we are being selected and we are a bye team. 
Look, right now the big 12 has 8 teams (out of 10) marked for the tournament. In our last 9 conference games of the year every single team we play is considered a tournament team right now, and 6 of the 9 games come against teams on the 1, 2 and 3 line respectively. 
there is literally no scenario where we win 3 games against tournament teams (and likely another game against a tournament team in the conference tourney) and are forced to the play in game. 
This Texas team won’t have a single bad loss on the year. We will have a couple (at least) quality wins, and we are a brand name in a brand conference. 

Totally fair.  I haven’t paid as close attention to CBB this year overall. I’m just not impressed by this Texas team at all. A team without a decent PG and good rebounder is a flashing red signal to me. 

Hopefully they find an offense and win the whole damn thing. 

38 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It really is amazing. 
it’s really mystifying. 

I had this discussion in the Beard thread and rockethorn nailed it. 

The average fan views basketball like football. They don't understand that you can finish with 10 losses in basketball and still get a fairly high seed dependent on your schedule/wins. 

Chris Beard got Tech a 6 seed last year with 10 losses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Totally fair.  I haven’t paid as close attention to CBB this year overall. I’m just not impressed by this Texas team at all. A team without a decent PG and good rebounder is a flashing red signal to me. 

Hopefully they find an offense and win the whole damn thing. 

Look, the argument isn’t that we are great if we finish 4-6 in our last 10 games of the year (all against tournament teams) it’s merely that there aren’t 44 teams better than us to put in the tournament. You get to the last 11 line or the 12 line before you get to the play in game. 
we could fail to make the tournament if we go some thing like 2 & 7 and lose in the first round. But 3-6 and winning 1 in the tournament?  No way. 
I don’t disagree with you that we might well go 3-6 down the stretch by the way. It’s the toughest finishing kick in college hoops, by far. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Also- we have 10 games left and I keep adding shit up to 9. I was off by one in my count. Still 3-7 with a win in the conference tournament is 9-11 in the toughest conference in America with zero easy outs. Combined with OOC wins against Tenn and Stanford it’s an easy selection. You literally have the worst loss to ping to as either Seaton Hall on the road ranked in December or KSU in Austin where we choked the game away and lost by 1. 
it wouldn’t be a great resume but it would scream 8-10 seed somewhere in there. 
by the time you get down to the play in game you have teams with terrible losses, no wins of not or some combination thereof. It’s a tallest midget competition at that point. 

Man, I didn't realize what a good run Marquette has been on as of late.  7-2-1 postponement in their last 10 with some damn quality wins in there.  

I was thinking about how well Rick's done at Tennessee, Shaka landed at a good basketball program and is off to a good start.  Even Penders ended up at George Washington and University of Houston, both good hoops programs.  Wetlich is really the last coach to leave here and not land somewhere good.  

Our football ex-coaches seem to follow a different path.  

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Man, I didn't realize what a good run Marquette has been on as of late.  7-2-1 postponement in their last 10 with some damn quality wins in there.  

I was thinking about how well Rick's done at Tennessee, Shaka landed at a good basketball program and is off to a good start.  Even Penders ended up at George Washington and University of Houston, both good hoops programs.  Wetlich is really the last coach to leave here and not land somewhere good.  

Our football ex-coaches seem to follow a different path.  

Purdue, Arizona, and UNC? How different is it? Even Charlie Strong went straight to a great situation at USF following Taggart’s departure to Oregon. Shoot, Strong had arguably the single best season for a Texas ex head football coach his first year before he could truly CharlieStrong things up.

David McWilliams never wanted a job anywhere else. He went to work at the Longhorn Foundation and never left. 

Tom Herman will get a chance at some point if he doesn’t self combust from looking in the mirror and telling himself how amazing he is. 

I don’t see the difference. 

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

8-10 in conference play. One conference tournament win. 9-10. Next round conference tournament loss. 9-11. 

Right but that isn't how standings work. I guess I understand now how Wulaw arrived at that record. Tournament results aren't counted as equal with regular season results. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right but that isn't how standings work. I guess I understand now how Wulaw arrived at that record. Tournament results aren't counted as equal with regular season results. 

I’m just answering your question.

It depends on the committee. I’ve seen it some years where it doesn’t matter, and I’ve seen others where teams vault multiple seed lines based on their conference tournament performance. 

I do get your point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean- we will have played 20 games against teams in the conference and won 9 of them. I didn’t say that those counted in the conference standings I said 9-11 against the toughest conference in America. It’s a data points they are humans that have eyes that will have watched those games. It’s not like they didn’t happen. And they are neutral site games against decent teams so they are the closest analogs to the tournament we have 

6 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I’m just answering your question.

It depends on the committee. I’ve seen it some years where it doesn’t matter, and I’ve seen others where teams vault multiple seed lines based on their conference tournament performance. 

I do get your point. 

And those other years all consist of Jim Boeheim at Syracuse. 

• Haha 3

i just read that Shaka was going after the officials so hard that multiple assistants had to pull him back. cool, that's great. thanks for uh, literally never doing that in six years here you fucking guy. 

i cannot believe that as right now, it simply appears that Shaka spent six years here trying to be someone he's not, without ever considering doing what got him here in the first place. that's just awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

23770A83-5F27-4898-8DA8-94DA162ADE41.thumb.jpeg.ace982d787a07776722e934362a164e0.jpeg

"justice for Shaka". holy shit that's funny. how dare big ole bad Texas pay him a top 10 national salary with the most job security in America for his zero tourney wins and sub-.500 conference record. JUSTICE 4 SHAKA!! 

🙄 

Well, and he literally left voluntarily. Everyone knows there was serious job pressure and he was likely to get fired…but he wasn’t. He quit and left for another job. 

Justice 4 Shaka! How dare we get our current coach!

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i just read that Shaka was going after the officials so hard that multiple assistants had to pull him back. cool, that's great. thanks for uh, literally never doing that in six years here you fucking guy. 

i cannot believe that as right now, it simply appears that Shaka spent six years here trying to be someone he's not, without ever considering doing what got him here in the first place. that's just awesome. 

I think that can happen to anyone that takes a high profile job in any profession. All of the sudden you're trying to square peg it for no reason when they actually wanted you for who you were before.