Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

52 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Well…I don’t know if guaranteed is the word I’d use regarding a second round matchup. 

Oh I thought about writing “not that he’d win a round to make it to the matchup” but figured I’d leave that low hanging fruit for someone else. Guaranteed in the sense it would be bracketed that way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Oh I thought about writing “not that he’d win a round to make it to the matchup” but figured I’d leave that low hanging fruit for someone else. Guaranteed in the sense it would be bracketed that way. 

Right.  I'll believe it when it happens.

The committee will probably set it up, but it requires Shaka to fulfill his part and I won't hold my breath for that. 

21 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Honestly, Jeff Linder should probably win it going away. What he’s done at Wyoming of all places is unbelievable. He’ll get a new opportunity sometime very soon. 

It’s hard to argue against the Tech guy. He swept UT, the defending national champion, and split with KU. Not bad for a guy people laughed at when Tech named him head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Honestly, Jeff Linder should probably win it going away. What he’s done at Wyoming of all places is unbelievable. He’ll get a new opportunity sometime very soon. 

Tommy Lloyd would like to have a word with you. Took over for Sean Miller's mess, went into the season unranked and picked to finish in the bottom half of his conference to a #3 ranking and projected #1 seed in the tournament.

1 minute ago, Zuerst said:

Am I correct to say Beard left some pretty good players and played a role/was an influence on Tech hiring Adams as head coach?

Some of those players were going to transfer, but took their name out of the portal when Beard left. 

Apparently Beard doesn’t always get along with more skilled players. Not just with this past Tech team, but previous highly ranked Tech players transferred away as well. 

6 minutes ago, Zuerst said:

Am I correct to say Beard left some pretty good players and played a role/was an influence on Tech hiring Adams as head coach?

We had 5 players on the roster when he left: McCullar, Shannon, Santos-Silva, Nadolny, Agbo. All but Agbo are solid contributors to varying degrees.

Kyler Edwards had decided to transfer well before there was smoke about Beard leaving, McCullar was likely out as well. It is well known in Tech circles (well before anyone knew he was leaving) that they did not get along with Beard. Before some of you start shrieking at me, I don't think that's an indictment of Beard or the players, some people just don't mesh well. Neither player really fits all that well with Beard's style of offense, in my opinion.

It's highly unlikely Beard was consulted about the Adams hire. Hocutt and Beard were not exactly on speaking terms at that point. Adams received overwhelming support from former and current players as well as recommendations from many coaches around college basketball. The search firm Hocutt wanted to hire flat out told him not to bother, he had the right guy already on campus.

The latter question is a complicated one, because obviously Adams contributed heavily to the culture that Beard built at Tech, so at the very least Beard played a role in his hire just by virtue of Adams being on Beard's staff.

I originally thought that McCullar, Shannon, Santos-Silva and Nadolny > Ramey, Jones, Brock

Adams was left a bit better of a situation and added some good transfers in Williams and Arms abs Batcho that fit really well.  Better pieces to start with that were familiar with Adams’ system. 

Beard had more work to do with more transfers and implementing a new system on the 3 returning guys. 

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I originally thought that McCullar, Shannon, Santos-Silva and Nadolny > Ramey, Jones, Brock

Adams was left a bit better of a situation and added some good transfers in Williams and Arms abs Batcho that fit really well.  Better pieces to start with that were familiar with Adams’ system. 

Beard had more work to do with more transfers and implementing a new system on the 3 returning guys. 

That feels accurate. Nadolny was mostly an afterthought but he has really stepped up this year. He barely played at all the last couple of years under Beard. Santos-Silva also was not very good, but he's way better off the bench as an energy guy than a starter.

With McCullar and Shannon bouncing on and off the court with injuries, the transfers have been really huge.

Adams brought in Bryson Williams, when Bryson’s head coach became an assistant under Beard. Now the guy is a unanimous first team all conference candidate. 

Obanor was arguably the best 3 point shooting big in the portal. Warren, Coach Adams got out of Winthrop. Arms came out of Hampton. 

Honestly, Adams just did a better job of building a roster out of the portal than Beard did. Just having Bryson Williams on this Texas team would have made a huge difference, although that’s not giving Adams the credit he deserves for Williams development. I can tip my hat at the job Adams has done without allowing it to take away from what Beard has done as well. Adams has simply done the better job. Let’s see what happens in year two. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 2/13/2022 at 10:53 AM, shadow_operative said:

i don't agree. my entire life of being around/watching sports has empirically shown me that the best and winningest coaches share several of the same traits: they're demanding, they're hard on their players, and they are up front about goals and expectations, all of which are grounded in reality. that is the proven formula for winning. you get elite players and elite coaches who push each other and raise each other's level day after day, and you embrace the expectation of being great. if you can't be brutally honest about what you're doing or where you're going then you will never ever win. 

This has little to do with the point I made, though.

Some players respond better to being coached hard, others require a lighter touch. A coach can do either or a mix of both and still be honest about goals and expectations.

To put it another way, plenty of hardasses have led teams to championships, but plenty of "players' coaches" have reached the pinnacle, as well.

These are general comments and in no way an endorsement of Shaka or his coaching technique.

15 hours ago, Zuerst said:

No.  Beard tried to convince Adams he had no shot at the HC position and that Tech would not hire the old guy. Thus the "get on the fucking plane" text.

He additionally plucked Tech commit Jayson Tatum and Tech holdover Avery Benson from under Adams( no hard feelings, just describing what happened.)  That's straight up college basketball.

It was anything but congenial, however.  

Adams did inherit Kevin McCullar, who was going to transfer until Adams has tapped as HC. Clarence Nadolny was anything but proven. Terrence Shannon went in the draft and returned to Adams. Marcus Santos-Silva stayed for Adams.  None of those guys were a given to stay until Adams was named HC.  The former and current players are the ones who influenced Adams being hired.

The job Adams and staff have done with the turmoil within the program, is borderline miraculous.  That isn't to say the AZ guy or Bruce Pearl( puke!) aren't deserving.  Go back and read some preseason predictions.   IDC if Adams gets the awards, but he's damned sure in the discussion.  In our hearts and in our basketball experience, this is one of the most special seasons we've ever witnessed.

Edited by slorch

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

No.  Beard tried to convince Adams he had no shot at the HC position and that Tech would not hire the old guy. Thus the "get on the fucking plane" text.

He additionally plucked Tech commit Jayson Tatum and Tech holdover Avery Benson from under Adams( no hard feelings, just describing what happened.)  That's straight up college basketball.

It was anything but congenial, however.  

Adams did inherit Kevin McCullar, who was going to transfer until Adams has tapped as HC. Clarence Nadolny was anything but proven. Terrence Shannon went in the draft and returned to Adams. Marcus Santos-Silva stayed for Adams.  None of those guys were a given to stay until Adams was named HC.  The former and current players are the ones who influenced Adams being hired.

The job Adams and staff have done with the turmoil within the program, is borderline miraculous.  That isn't to say the AZ guy or Bruce Pearl( puke!) aren't deserving.  Go back and read some preseason predictions.   IDC if Adams gets the awards, but he's damned sure in the discussion.  In our hearts and in our basketball experience, this is one of the most special seasons we've ever witnessed.

Just curious is there a screen shot of this text message where beard says “get on the fucking plane”? 

I didn’t know if that was floating around and I haven’t seen it or just something you saw on a tech message board from reliable sauces. 

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Some of those players were going to transfer, but took their name out of the portal when Beard left. 

Apparently Beard doesn’t always get along with more skilled players. Not just with this past Tech team, but previous highly ranked Tech players transferred away as well. 

I defended Beard when Nimari Burnett left in mid season 2020-21.  Same when Khavon Moore bailed on him.  You can't have that discussion without giving credit for bringing Tariq Owens and Matt Mooney to Tech either.  We don't make that Virginia game without those 2.

His style of coaching doesn't translate to everyone.  Big deal.  Lots of organizations go through churn, including in college basketball. The fact that he's continued to draw talent to his program, regardless of location has a shit ton of value too. Transfers left their own original programs too, right?

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Just curious is there a screen shot of this text message where beard says “get on the fucking plane”? 

I didn’t know if that was floating around and I haven’t seen it or just something you saw on a tech message board from reliable sauces. 

I've seen it like twice, but cannot find it right now.

Mark Adams has spoken about the conversation, without getting specific.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/mark-adams-says-chris-beard-recruited-him-as-hard-as-anybody-to-get-on-the-plane/

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Forgive me, didn’t realize the Shaka Smart thread was “slorch gives Adams a sloppy blowjob” thread 

Was just addressing the post of  'Beard left the Tech program in great shape for Mark Adams"  and it went from there.

Now back to Shaka Smart's switch flip from pretender to contender in one season...

Edited by slorch

Beard wanted Golding at Tech. It was obvious Hocutt didn’t want to hire the old looking lesbian and needed convincing. Luckily for him, he got out of the way. 

Beard was going to hire one of the best staffs in the country with or without Adams getting on a plane. Both schools won out here. One remains extremely butthurt but hopefully moving on. Won’t happen though and I’ll be glad to leave that level of thinking behind

15 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Beard wanted Golding at Tech. It was obvious Hocutt didn’t want to hire the old looking lesbian and needed convincing. Luckily for him, he got out of the way. 

Beard was going to hire one of the best staffs in the country with or without Adams getting on a plane. Both schools won out here. One remains extremely butthurt but hopefully moving on. Won’t happen though and I’ll be glad to leave that level of thinking behind

Bro. You're going to the SEC. You're literally diving headfirst into the biggest black hole of redneck in the entire world.

17 hours ago, Zuerst said:

Hey pontificating fucksticks and thread cops…

here you go.

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Steps on or over because you can step on the line during a throw-in—you can’t step over it. 

well you'd have to look at the replay. it looks like the official pointed to the line and the announcers said he got a piece of the line.  he shuffles his feet also so could be they called that because it wasn't a TO after a made basket

23 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Why is it that, by and large, the population of true UT hoops fans (maybe) 30% of the population of true UT football fans, yet the former will obsess/debate over our last two coaches at length while the latter would rather forget the last two coaches exist?

More games, and Tom Herman doesn’t have a head coaching job. Neither does Coach Strong, for that matter  

I enjoy seeing Mack Brown struggle at North Carolina. He didn’t want to work hard during his last years at UT, and he didn’t want to work hard at UNC. But he’s still unbelievably charismatic, and when he’s on his A game, I truly believe he’s the best one on one recruiter in college football. 

Charlie Strong’s failures as a head coach after leaving UT have been spectacular, and very fulfilling. 

I do wonder what will happen to Tom Herman eventually. I assume he’s going to get another gig. I will of course root for him to fall on his face. 

Shoot, I enjoyed watching John Mackovic fail at Arizona with a player revolt to boot, and I had fun seeing Fred Akers get fired from Purdue. 

But I’m petty like that. 

Hell, I liked seeing Manny Diaz get fired at Miami, and it was wonderfully entertaining watching GDGD do GDGD things at Iowa.

I’ve never gotten all that worked up about Texas basketball assistants one way or another. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’d say my obsession for rooting for failure for the coaches involved in Texas football misfortunes way outweighs my feelings on basketball. Shoot, we just had an emotional return for Rick Barnes, and Tom Penders was warmly welcomed a couple of days ago on the weekly basketball show. I’ll never have warm feelings about Shaka Smart, but he’s more of an exception in basketball. He just happens to be the most recent. 

But to me finding coaches/players/programs to root against is as much fun as having a team to root for. It’s fun to have an automatic rooting interest in games. The same is true in many ways for Shaka Smart. I’m going to enjoy watching him lose in the NCAA tournament. But I’ll enjoy watching Tom Herman struggle when he gets a head job again as well. 

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Why is it that, by and large, the population of true UT hoops fans (maybe) 30% of the population of true UT football fans, yet the former will obsess/debate over our last two coaches at length while the latter would rather forget the last two coaches exist?

If I'm deciphering this correctly, I'd assume it happens for the same reason that dumbasses wander into clearly named threads to complain about the content.

Those dumbasses are probably the same folks that missed the 54 page Charlie Strong thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

If I'm deciphering this correctly, I'd assume it happens for the same reason that dumbasses wander into clearly named threads to complain about the content.

Those dumbasses are probably the same folks that missed the 54 page Charlie Strong thread.

Heck, just wait until Tom Herman gets a head coaching job. We're going to blow that 54 pages right out of the fucking water. Half the posts may be by me, and one of my posts equals 10 from a normal human being. Charlie Strong was incompetent, but Tom Herman is a shit bird of a human being. I can't wait to root for him to fail.

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

More games, and Tom Herman doesn’t have a head coaching job. Neither does Coach Strong, for that matter  

I enjoy seeing Mack Brown struggle at North Carolina. He didn’t want to work hard during his last years at UT, and he didn’t want to work hard at UNC. But he’s still unbelievably charismatic, and when he’s on his A game, I truly believe he’s the best one on one recruiter in college football. 

Charlie Strong’s failures as a head coach after leaving UT have been spectacular, and very fulfilling. 

I do wonder what will happen to Tom Herman eventually. I assume he’s going to get another gig. I will of course root for him to fall on his face. 

Shoot, I enjoyed watching John Mackovic fail at Arizona with a player revolt to boot, and I had fun seeing Fred Akers get fired from Purdue. 

But I’m petty like that. 

Hell, I liked seeing Manny Diaz get fired at Miami, and it was wonderfully entertaining watching GDGD do GDGD things at Iowa.

I’ve never gotten all that worked up about Texas basketball assistants one way or another. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’d say my obsession for rooting for failure for the coaches involved in Texas football misfortunes way outweighs my feelings on basketball. Shoot, we just had an emotional return for Rick Barnes, and Tom Penders was warmly welcomed a couple of days ago on the weekly basketball show. I’ll never have warm feelings about Shaka Smart, but he’s more of an exception in basketball. He just happens to be the most recent. 

But to me finding coaches/players/programs to root against is as much fun as having a team to root for. It’s fun to have an automatic rooting interest in games. The same is true in many ways for Shaka Smart. I’m going to enjoy watching him lose in the NCAA tournament. But I’ll enjoy watching Tom Herman struggle when he gets a head job again as well. 

I agree with this pretty much verbatim, though I find Strong's failures more disappointing than anything. Yeah, I was a big-time Strong fan-boy; I really, really wanted him to succeed. But Red McCombs was right, and those of us (self included) who accused him of racism were dead wrong and stupid for even thinking it.

kinda had mixed feelings about Mackovic, only because his son was posting at the time and was a decent poster.

Brown and Barnes both needed to go. In Brown's case, he had, as you said, gotten stupid lazy, but his ceiling remains national-title caliber; Barnes, on the other hand, while he remains the greatest basketball coach in Texas history, that's "tallest midget in the circus" status and he wasn't going to be any better than he was.

I hated Herman from the get-go, and look forward to rooting against him until the day he finds Jesus. I'm not holding my breath on the likelihood of that ever happening; I expect to enjoy many great years of schadenfreude at his expense.

I knew nothing about Smart when he was hired. He sounds like complete smegma now, but the only people I'm listening to about him are here on this board.

I'm the same with Coach Beard, but with a twist. Everything I've heard about him from this board generally lends me to believe that those who care far more about basketball than I do expect him to lead us to the promised land, to heights beyond what Barnes led us to; however, what I'm seeing of his behavior and mannerisms in press conferences and otherwise -- to say nothing of the product on the court -- is completely at odds with that. He seems to be full of unsupported bluster, thin-skinned, and while he seems to be better at coaching than Smart was, I certainly don't see a winner here. But, again, I know diddly-shit about basketball, so I don't put much weight into my opinion here.

Anyway.

Point is...

fuck Shaka.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I certainly don't see a winner here.

very few head coaches come out of the gate like this:

7E1611EC-BB87-4589-9224-DE7FE940DBCE.jpeg.847c4d82c77754c82b2e29053b807439.jpeg

for a guy so young (he can easily coach 25+ more years if he wants to) he's off to a great start. as for his personality, eh- a bunch of the greatest coaches ever have been thin skinned and/or sleaze balls. Coach K, Bob Knight, Rick Pitino, Jim Boeheim, John Chaney, and on and on. hell, John Wooden was paying players, and even Pat Summit was a borderline psychopath when it came to how she treated her players at times. major D-1 coaching is a high intensity, high margin, performance based business, and lots of thin skinned, sleazy people tend to thrive in these environments. Just the nature of the business.

as far as Beard goes, most of his players seem to love him, he's been awesome with the students and with the UT Hoops alumni, he's generating a ton of interest in the program, he went out and assembled one of the best coaching staffs in America, and again, he's been a winner everywhere he goes. it's hard not to like him, and to be optimistic about this program going forward. a lot of us have been waiting on this type of hope for more than a decade now. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

very few head coaches come out of the gate like this:

7E1611EC-BB87-4589-9224-DE7FE940DBCE.jpeg.847c4d82c77754c82b2e29053b807439.jpeg

for a guy so young (he can easily coach 25+ more years if he wants to) he's off to a great start. as for his personality, eh- a bunch of the greatest coaches ever have been thin skinned and/or sleaze balls. Coach K, Bob Knight, Rick Pitino, Jim Boeheim, John Chaney, and on and on. hell, John Wooden was paying players, and even Pat Summit was a borderline psychopath when it came to how she treated her players at times. major D-1 coaching is a high intensity, high margin, performance based business, and lots of thin skinned, sleazy people tend to thrive in these environments. Just the nature of the business.

as far as Beard goes, most of his players seem to love him, he's been awesome with the students and with the UT Hoops alumni, he's generating a ton of interest in the program, he went out and assembled one of the best coaching staffs in America, and again, he's been a winner everywhere he goes. it's hard not to like him, and to be optimistic about this program going forward. a lot of us have been waiting on this type of hope for more than a decade now. 

Yeah, I definitely see the results, and we're basically looking at, at a minimum, an appearance in March, and likely at least one win... more than Shaka ever did for us, and back up to Barnes' standards, for this year, at least.

And that KU game was fucking fun.

Like I said, you follow the game more than I do. I don't know a pick-n-roll from a zone. So I'll take your word for it. 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, closetojumping said:

Meanwhile, the Marquette Masqueraders won a hard fought game last night against the Patrick Ewing-impaired Georgetown Hoyas, sending GT further into their death spiral at 6-19. It was an epic saga, with the score finishing at 77-66. This nail biter was so entertaining that it's the been the talk of XM84 college sports radio all day today.

Shakablah was interviewed after the game by ESPN 8 and admitted that this victory was long awaited payback, stating: "They viciously buttfucked my Texas team on national television at Madison Square Garden in 2019. We would have won that one too if the boosters and athletic department at Texas hadn't kept getting in my way during the game." 

Still, sad news for resident Shakablah fanboi and starfucker, @MotownHorn, in terms of the spread. The spread at tipoff was -13 for Marquette and they only won by 11. Early reports are that Motown bet his wife and his March rent money on the Maulers, so it portends to be a grim next few weeks unless Mo's bookie will take Motown's 2013 RAV4 as collateral for his next wager against the mighty (checks notes) ... Creighton BlueJays away in Omaha this weekend.

This is a very weird obsession you have with me.

I didn't wager on the game, but thanks for thinking of me in your free time, I guess?

TBH I don't think about random grown men from the Internet in my free time, but you do you buddy! Whatever makes you happy! You need a picture for your spank bank?!?!?!

6 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

This is a very weird obsession you have with me.

I didn't wager on the game, but thanks for thinking of me in your free time, I guess?

TBH I don't think about random grown men from the Internet in my free time, but you do you buddy! Whatever makes you happy! You need a picture for your spank bank?!?!?!

Oh, I'm thinking about you, big Mo. I saw the score to the Marquette Minutemen/Creighton Blue Jays saga last night and I immediately thought "that game was a pick'em, and I know my man MotownHorn had a lot riding on Marquette getting it done. Now that he's had to loan his wife out, been evicted for not making rent, and lost his RAV4, what on earth is his next maneuver going to be in order to let it ride on his guy, Shakablah?"

So I'm glad to see you're here, although I don't believe for a second that you didn't wager on the game. You claimed you were betting on Marquette and making some sweet bank on the reg, but now you're off of your moneymaker, conveniently? Right. 

In any event, as I told you previously, you're not going to shame me into changing my behavior. You were fanboi-ing the guy on this thread, offering subtle passive aggressive shit talking to us every time Smart won a game, and then you started negging people who had the temerity to call your bullshit. So now, I am having fun with it and will enjoy throughout the rest of the season and perhaps for seasons to come. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

Reviewing the final 5 minutes of non-scoring offense for Shakablah...  

PRICELESS  😋

Spoiler
  • 5:02 269.png&h=100&w=100 Darryl Morsell made Layup. 78 - 73  
    4:57 156.png&h=100&w=100 Creighton Timeout 78 - 73  
    4:49 156.png&h=100&w=100 Alex O'Connell missed Three Point Jumper. 78 - 73  
    4:49 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins Offensive Rebound. 78 - 73  
    4:31 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins Turnover. 78 - 73  
    4:31 269.png&h=100&w=100 Darryl Morsell Steal. 78 - 73  
    4:09 269.png&h=100&w=100 Kam Jones missed Jumper. 78 - 73  
    4:09 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Kalkbrenner Block. 78 - 73  
    4:08 269.png&h=100&w=100 Marquette Offensive Rebound. 78 - 73  
    4:05 269.png&h=100&w=100 Kam Jones missed Three Point Jumper. 78 - 73  
    4:02 156.png&h=100&w=100 Creighton Defensive Rebound. 78 - 73  
    3:46 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins made Jumper. 78 - 75  
    3:33 269.png&h=100&w=100 Foul on Darryl Morsell. 78 - 75  
    3:33 269.png&h=100&w=100 Darryl Morsell Turnover. 78 - 75  
    3:04 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Nembhard made Layup. 78 - 77  
    2:40 156.png&h=100&w=100 Foul on Ryan Kalkbrenner. 78 - 77  
    2:40 269.png&h=100&w=100 Olivier-Maxence Prosper made Free Throw. 79 - 77  
    2:39 269.png&h=100&w=100 Olivier-Maxence Prosper missed Free Throw. 79 - 77  
    2:38 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins Defensive Rebound. 79 - 77  
    2:16 269.png&h=100&w=100 Foul on Darryl Morsell. 79 - 77  
    2:16 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins made Free Throw. 79 - 78  
    2:16 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins missed Free Throw. 79 - 78  
    2:15 269.png&h=100&w=100 Justin Lewis Defensive Rebound. 79 - 78  
    2:06 269.png&h=100&w=100 Justin Lewis Turnover. 79 - 78  
    2:06 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins Steal. 79 - 78  
    2:00 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins made Layup. Assisted by Ryan Nembhard. 79 - 80  
    1:45 269.png&h=100&w=100 Darryl Morsell missed Jumper. 79 - 80  
    1:41 269.png&h=100&w=100 Kur Kuath Offensive Rebound. 79 - 80  
    1:38 269.png&h=100&w=100 Justin Lewis missed Layup. 79 - 80  
    1:31 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins Defensive Rebound. 79 - 80  
    1:08 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins missed Jumper. 79 - 80  
    1:05 269.png&h=100&w=100 Greg Elliott Defensive Rebound. 79 - 80  
    0:59 269.png&h=100&w=100 Marquette Timeout 79 - 80  
    0:48 269.png&h=100&w=100 Olivier-Maxence Prosper missed Layup. 79 - 80  
    0:44 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Hawkins Defensive Rebound. 79 - 80  
    0:35 156.png&h=100&w=100 Creighton Timeout 79 - 80  
    0:17 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Nembhard missed Three Point Jumper. 79 - 80  
    0:17 156.png&h=100&w=100 Creighton Offensive Rebound. 79 - 80  
    0:17 156.png&h=100&w=100 Creighton Turnover. 79 - 80  
    0:08 269.png&h=100&w=100 Darryl Morsell Turnover. 79 - 80  
    0:08 156.png&h=100&w=100 Rati Andronikashvili Steal. 79 - 80  
    0:05 269.png&h=100&w=100 Foul on Oso Ighodaro. 79 - 80  
    0:05 156.png&h=100&w=100 Rati Andronikashvili made Free Throw. 79 - 81  
    0:05 156.png&h=100&w=100 Rati Andronikashvili missed Free Throw. 79 - 81  
    0:05 269.png&h=100&w=100 Oso Ighodaro Defensive Rebound. 79 - 81  
    0:05 269.png&h=100&w=100 Marquette Timeout 79 - 81  
    0:05 269.png&h=100&w=100 Greg Elliott Turnover. 79 - 81  
    0:04 269.png&h=100&w=100 Foul on Justin Lewis. 79 - 81  
    0:04 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Kalkbrenner made Free Throw. 79 - 82  
    0:04 156.png&h=100&w=100 Ryan Kalkbrenner made Free Throw. 79 - 83  
    0:04 156.png&h=100&w=100 Foul on Rati Andronikashvili. 79 - 83  
    0:00 269.png&h=100&w=100 Kam Jones made Three Point Jumper. 82 - 83  
    0:00 156.png&h=100&w=100 End of 2nd half 79 - 83  
    0:00 156.png&h=100&w=100 End of Game 82 - 83  

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Oh, I'm thinking about you, big Mo. I saw the score to the Marquette Minutemen/Creighton Blue Jays saga last night and I immediately thought "that game was a pick'em, and I know my man MotownHorn had a lot riding on Marquette getting it done. Now that he's had to loan his wife out, been evicted for not making rent, and lost his RAV4, what on earth is his next maneuver going to be in order to let it ride on his guy, Shakablah?"

So I'm glad to see you're here, although I don't believe for a second that you didn't wager on the game. You claimed you were betting on Marquette and making some sweet bank on the reg, but now you're off of your moneymaker, conveniently? Right. 

In any event, as I told you previously, you're not going to shame me into changing my behavior. You were fanboi-ing the guy on this thread, offering subtle passive aggressive shit talking to us every time Smart won a game, and then you started negging people who had the temerity to call your bullshit. So now, I am having fun with it and will enjoy throughout the rest of the season and perhaps for seasons to come. 

I didn’t fanboy shit. I just posted simple “big W by shaka” to troll man babies like yourself. It clearly worked. I’m living rent free in your head.

You do whatever the fuck you want. I’m a grown man who does not obsess over strangers from the internet. Your behavior says a lot more about you than it does about me. You showing your ass obsessing over me does not bother me one bit.

Bye bye now clown. Some of us have better shit to do 👋🏼 

• Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, Rimbo said:

however, what I'm seeing of his behavior and mannerisms in press conferences and otherwise -- to say nothing of the product on the court -- is completely at odds with that. He seems to be full of unsupported bluster, thin-skinned, and while he seems to be better at coaching than Smart was, I certainly don't see a winner here.

“To say nothing of the product on the court?” The fuck?

He took over a moribund, listless, culturally bankrupt program with not even enough players to field a 5v5 pickup squad. And In 9 months he’s got us tourney bound as a projected 4-5 seed and ranked #14 in Kenpom - our highest mark in over a decade. How exactly is that “completely at odds” with a bright, successful future?

He has more or less delivered on what he promised from day 1 - a team that’s going to compete right away. His “bluster” is unsupported? Why? You’re disappointed we’re not top ten or top five in year one?

• Hook 'Em 2