Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You're missing out if you don't plan on reveling in Marquette fan misery from here forward. If @LTtxfan has any gumption, he'll start giving us tweets or Marquette board posts displaying said misery as it continues to unfold.

What the fuck is this nonsense? I would 100% boo and shit talk Shakablah if it were convenient for me. If I happened to be going through an airport and saw him, I'd gladly tell him what a fucking fraud he is and how shitty he is for the fanbases of the teams he coaches. Gladly. People would call me petty and I'd cackle and then go catch my flight.

On a separate note, I'm worried about @MotownHorn. We need to monitor the police reports in Morgantown and Detroit (just to be sure) and watch for any public hangings of a bet shirker. I'm guessing he liquidated his kids' 529 and his wife's IRA to bet on the sure thing of Marquette's giving only 1.5 points last night at tipoff and even that won't cover what he owes.

and just two days ago motown was posting about his plans to fly to Milwaukee for the ncaa tourney in hopes of getting to watch Marquette play in that regional. looks like shaka's annual bed shitting will prevent that from happening. so sad.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Haha 1

A few posts from MUScoop on Shaka and Marquette...

ATL MU Warrior

"The current iteration of his team could very easily lose to St. John’s and to Georgetown.  At this point, unless something drastic changes, I wouldn’t be surprised by either."I

Willie Warrior

"Nothing with this team is unlikely. Getting asskicked by DePaul was unlikely, but here we are. This team is caving down the stretch, approaching Wojo-Dukiet territory."

Goose  

"No silver linings, other than I did not make the trip to Chicago, from last night's game. A poor performance by a team playing poorly at the moment. They were outplayed and looked horrible for stretches and that is disappointing. That said, I still watched the entire game and am looking forward to the upcoming games. I do not believe all is lost."

Brewcity77

"I woke up this morning and still couldn't find a silver lining. This is the first time I'm thinking more about what can be done to improve these problems next year than what kind of run we might still make this year. While an NCAA bid is still likely, and that would meet my preseason expectations, the January surge definitely had me thinking the ceiling was much higher than it feels now.

What was most dispiriting was seeing a team peaking at the right time and playing their best basketball entering March, and knowing that it wasn't us. This was a game we should've won, but there are so many things going against us at the moment. Kur doesn't seem right. Kolek has been figured out by Big East defenses. Kam and Greg couldn't hit a meaningful shot. There were lineup issues. The defensive intensity isn't close to what it was."

1SE

"If we play and lose to Gtown we don't deserve to be in and Shakachowski will be totally a thing.  There is no way we lose to both SJU and Gtown unless we have some major injuries."

NotAnAlum

"I think its pretty clear that we are in the midst of a pretty serious slump.  I’m still hopeful that we make the tournament and based on pre-season expectations I think we’d still have to consider that success.  The bigger concern for me is does this foreshadow the way Shaka teams will trend.  I think most would agree “we’ve seen this movie” and we sure didn’t endure the pain of a coaching change just to see it again." 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

"This is our nadir." Hahahahaha. Ummmmm, no, it isn't. In fact, that program has yet to begin plumbing the depths to which Shakablah will eventually take them. 

Hey, he knew the word "nadir".  I know Marquette is a stronger school than the average midwest outpost, but it's still Milwaukee.  I say "good for you, chap . . . but no, it's not your nadir."

17 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

And your amazing undefeated streak of winning bets that you always post about after the result continues!

It is truly amazing that he only bets on Shaka when he wins but never when he loses. Personally, I’d like to thank DetroitHorn for gracing us with his presence. It’s not everyday you get to mix it up on an anonymous message board with one of the best gamblers to ever live. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

It is truly amazing that he only bets on Shaka when he wins but never when he loses. Personally, I’d like to thank DetroitHorn for gracing us with his presence. It’s not everyday you get to mix it up on an anonymous message board with one of the best gamblers to ever live. 

Detroit horn is awesome. I love that one so much - wish I would have come up with that. 

Last March Madness, with 3 now-NBA players on his roster, Shaka lost to Abilene Christian (starters for which you might not choose in a pickup game @ the Y). If you were the coach, you could’ve rolled the ball out, told the 3 NBA draft picks to come up with a game plan to outscore the other team, then headed out for a beer, confident in a W. Yet somehow, Shaka coached them to a loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Was reminded the other day by someone who was watching Jericho Sims play in an NBA game that he had 3 field goal attempts against Abilene Christian. He made all 3 and two of them came in the first 3 minutes of the game. He had 1 field goal attempt in 29 minutes the rest of the game.

The Shaka special. 

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

We were destroyed on the offensive glass by Abilene Christian even though we had 3 NBA players in the front court - all of whom are well above average athletes even for the NBA - and Abilene Christian was basically an assortment of carnies.  They had two guards that were like 5’6”, a 6’2” 275 pound fat guy in the post, the only tall player on the team was a complete stiff, etc.  

Of course, it probably would have helped if our brilliant coach actually played our 3 NBA players together instead of playing small ball with a bunch of non-pro guards who aren’t great 3 point shooters and don’t press on defense, but I digress. 

Assortment of carnies is so much win. I love you beautiful bastards. 

On 2/25/2022 at 8:06 PM, shadow_operative said:

LOL, Texas in year two under Shaka. the more time goes by, the more awful that coaching job looks. 2016-17 Texas:

•Lost by 14 to #72 Colorado 

•Lost by 9 at home to UT-Arlington

•Lost 63-58 at home to #141 Kent State 

•struggled at home with #303 Incarnate Word, winning 78-73 after being out scored 42-32 in the 2H. Incarnate Word went 12-17 and finished 10th in the Southland Conference

•Went 4-14 and finished dead last in the Big XII

•lost 7 straight and 13/16 to end the season 

That team had:

•Future NBA All Star Jarrett Allen

•McDonalds All American Andrew Jones

•Kerwin Roach coming off a season where he was named to the Big XII All Newcomer Team

•Eric Davis Jr who was coming off a season where he was named to the Big XII All Newcomer Team 

•Senior role players Shaq Cleare and Kendal Yancy

•Freshman role players James Banks and Jacob Young

That's a tourney team. I mean, let's review the other coaches in the league that year:  

Bill Self

Bob Huggins

Chris Beard

Scott Drew

Brad Underwood

Lon Kruger

Jamie Dixon

Bruce Weber

Steve Prohm

I'm thinking that every one of those guys, save maybe Steve Prohm, takes the 2016-17 Texas roster to the Tourney. You look at the OU team that had a similar season to Texas and they had none of the talent that Texas did. Only Shaka Smart could have led that roster to an 11-22, 4-14 record. It's like the Abilene Christian game stretched out over an entire season. Simply amazing. 

3D031749-F553-4511-8D42-C4E95C8DA77A.jpeg

776FF141-398B-424A-811A-C83A7AE67D6E.jpeg

At the time I remember kind of thinking “eh year 2, Barnes left him with a shit roster. Nabbing Jarrett Allen is impressive and will keep our momentum up on the recruiting trail. Don’t really care about the record this year. Clear rebuilding year and we have Coleman coming in who’s gonna be like an Isaiah Taylor type immediately. Add him with the pieces we have coming back, and we’ll have the players AND athletes to run Shakas system!!!!” 

Now I look back and am like “oh holy fuck I  could’ve coached this team to the sweet 16 and pick up basketball is the height of my basketball career….” 

• Rage+1 1

up next for Shaka:

B3E66065-9DD5-4088-B03D-9C3749B34D65.thumb.jpeg.3c6940404ad4b5d6cf0a8a3fefaefc76.jpeg

B4FD1FED-447B-4523-BB71-B050CD04D4FB.thumb.jpeg.9fceb72f4e04449ffcfcfeeda7034f9b.jpeg

Creighton swept Marquette in the regular season. it will be hilarious if they beat them for a third straight time. seems very unlikely though. hopefully detroit horn can come in here and give us the rundown on exactly how this game is going to play out. 

Edited by shadow_operative

14 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Who knew Dan Blizerian posted here 

• Haha 1

It's amazing how some can't tell the difference between butthurt and schadenfreude. I'd bet Rocko's paystub that not one single poster is butthurt in the slightest over SS winning some basketball games.

Now are folks using this tread as a conduit to make fun of you? Yes. Does that really have anything to do with Shaka? No.

It's all for you, D-Twa.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
Wu more fast and pithy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

It’s amazing how butthurt some of you get by a coach winning some basketball games 

I don’t give a shit if he wins some games. Matter a fact, I don’t give a shit if he goes off and has a great career. But at the moment, less than a year removed from one of our most fun regular seasons in 10 years followed by one of the worst losses in basketball history, yeah. Kinda wanna see this jackoff fall on his face. We know he will. If you can’t beat a terrible Abilene Christian team with pretty much a semi nba team, well…..

• Hook 'Em 3

Shakablah repeating his first year at Texas with Barnes players.  huge upsets early.  coach them poorly and fade at the end of season.  lose first game in conf tourney in the 4/5 game.  just need a half court shot from Northern Iowa...

• Hook 'Em 1

MUScoop....

• RetireO - "Real tough look losing to Creighton three times, especially with how short-handed they are.   Hope Shaka is in Bruce Weber’s inbox today."
  • Pakuni -  "If nothing else, we need to stop making "McDermott owns Shaka" jokes, because right now, he kinda does."
  • WillieWarrior - "Not a joke. And not kinda
     Proof is in the pastry
    Shakas ass was outcoached in each game"
  • Goldeneagle91114 - "Come on, let’s not attack people. Everyone is pi$$ed, and rightfully so. We’ve not shown any improvement in the last 2 months. Add salt to the wound, Shaka teased MU nation with what could have been in late Dec. and Jan. My only hope is that Dec./Jan. Is a representation of future years"
  • WillieWarrior - "Pico, you know that McDermott owns Shaka, so deflect all you want. Peers you can't handle the truth."
  • Pakuni - "Not every game is decided by one staff outcoaching the other.
    Two of the three Creighton games felt that way, though."
  • Rocky_Warrior - "I don't expect it to happen ever again, but you do realize that Shaka went 11-22 his 2nd year in Texas, right?  Talk about a floor..."
  • Pakuni - "A lot of those turnovers came as a result of what I'd like to call a perplexing offensive game plan, but I can't for sure say there was any offensive game plan at all.   None of this is to say Shaka is a bad coach. He's a good coach. But for one reason or another he hasn't been at his best against Creighton this year"
  • Uncle Rico - "I think fans really overvalue coaches when their teams lose.  Shaka isn’t why they had so many unforced turnovers today"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Pakuni - "A lot of those turnovers came as a result of what I'd like to call a perplexing offensive game plan, but I can't for sure say there was any offensive game plan at all.   None of this is to say Shaka is a bad coach. He's a good coach. But for one reason or another he hasn't been at his best against Creighton this year".

boy does this sound like a lot of Texas fans 4-5 years ago. my question is, at what point do people stop insisting that he's a good coach? even the national media/people who cover CBB for a living still all agree that he's a good coach. based on what, exactly? he made a final four 11 years ago, and other than that he's done nothing. never even won a conference title despite being the CAA and A-10 for six years, six years where he had more talent than any of his opponents. what makes him even an objectively "good" coach? oh well. guess everyone else will catch on in due time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

MUScoop....

• RetireO - "Real tough look losing to Creighton three times, especially with how short-handed they are.   Hope Shaka is in Bruce Weber’s inbox today."
  • Pakuni -  "If nothing else, we need to stop making "McDermott owns Shaka" jokes, because right now, he kinda does."
  • WillieWarrior - "Not a joke. And not kinda
     Proof is in the pastry
    Shakas ass was outcoached in each game"
  • Goldeneagle91114 - "Come on, let’s not attack people. Everyone is pi$$ed, and rightfully so. We’ve not shown any improvement in the last 2 months. Add salt to the wound, Shaka teased MU nation with what could have been in late Dec. and Jan. My only hope is that Dec./Jan. Is a representation of future years"
  • WillieWarrior - "Pico, you know that McDermott owns Shaka, so deflect all you want. Peers you can't handle the truth."
  • Pakuni - "Not every game is decided by one staff outcoaching the other.
    Two of the three Creighton games felt that way, though."
  • Rocky_Warrior - "I don't expect it to happen ever again, but you do realize that Shaka went 11-22 his 2nd year in Texas, right?  Talk about a floor..."
  • Pakuni - "A lot of those turnovers came as a result of what I'd like to call a perplexing offensive game plan, but I can't for sure say there was any offensive game plan at all.   None of this is to say Shaka is a bad coach. He's a good coach. But for one reason or another he hasn't been at his best against Creighton this year"
  • Uncle Rico - "I think fans really overvalue coaches when their teams lose.  Shaka isn’t why they had so many unforced turnovers today"

You're a treasure, LTtxfan.

I can't go myself because all I'd do is post replies of laughter. This stuff warms my heart.

• Haha 2

Pakuni - "A lot of those turnovers came as a result of what I'd like to call a perplexing offensive game plan, but I can't for sure say there was any offensive game plan at all.   None of this is to say Shaka is a bad coach. He's a good coach. But for one reason or another he hasn't been at his best against Creighton this year".
boy does this sound like a lot of Texas fans 4-5 years ago. my question is, at what point do people stop insisting that he's a good coach? even the national media/people who cover CBB for a living still all agree that he's a good coach. based on what, exactly? he made a final four 11 years ago, and other than that he's done nothing. never even won a conference title despite being the CAA and A-10 for six years, six years where he had more talent than any of his opponents. what makes him even an objectively "good" coach? oh well. guess everyone else will catch on in due time. 
Personal bias. At first glance Shaka is a guy you want to root for. And because no one openly admits to liking bad people/coaches, he gets looks at as a good coach.

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:
20 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Personal bias. At first glance Shaka is a guy you want to root for. And because no one openly admits to liking bad people/coaches, he gets looks at as a good coach.

The media still refer to Tom Crean as a good coach. He’s not. 

I’ll say this. I had hopes going into season 2 at Texas. But I abandoned Shaka midway through and never got back on board again. I’d seen enough. In my defense, I was going off what he did at VCU. Marquette fans have his portfolio at Texas to base an evaluation on. They can’t figure it out by now they deserve everything coming to them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, SL Xpress said:

They can’t figure it out by now they deserve everything coming to them. 

They know their roundball. Just from some of the stuff posted here I can tell that the smarter or more realistic MU fans are picking up on it. Tack on an ugly R1 exit and it will be an interesting offseason on the 'Quette boards.

21 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I’ll say this. I had hopes going into season 2 at Texas. But I abandoned Shaka midway through and never got back on board again. I’d seen enough. In my defense, I was going off what he did at VCU. Marquette fans have his portfolio at Texas to base an evaluation on. They can’t figure it out by now they deserve everything coming to them. 

The irony is that Marquette is a "basketball school".  OK, the late 70's was a long time ago, and Al McGuire hasn't exactly walked through the doors since.  Still, their NCAA tournament performance over the last couple of decades isn't all that different than ours.

They should know better.