Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

43 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

“To say nothing of the product on the court?” The fuck?

He took over a moribund, listless, culturally bankrupt program with not even enough players to field a 5v5 pickup squad. And In 9 months he’s got us tourney bound as a projected 4-5 seed and ranked #14 in Kenpom - our highest mark in over a decade. How exactly is that “completely at odds” with a bright, successful future?

He has more or less delivered on what he promised from day 1 - a team that’s going to compete right away. His “bluster” is unsupported? Why? You’re disappointed we’re not top ten or top five in year one?

BUT BUT BUT we were a #3 seed last year!  We've fallen off!

7 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

This is a very weird obsession you have with me.

I didn't wager on the game, but thanks for thinking of me in your free time, I guess?

TBH I don't think about random grown men from the Internet in my free time, but you do you buddy! Whatever makes you happy! You need a picture for your spank bank?!?!?!

from the fact that you've come into this thread multiple times to brag about betting on marquette, to the fact that everyone here (save you) is super aware of your obsession with me (a grown man), this is a hilariously classic motown post. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

“To say nothing of the product on the court?” The fuck?

He took over a moribund, listless, culturally bankrupt program with not even enough players to field a 5v5 pickup squad. And In 9 months he’s got us tourney bound as a projected 4-5 seed and ranked #14 in Kenpom - our highest mark in over a decade. How exactly is that “completely at odds” with a bright, successful future?

He has more or less delivered on what he promised from day 1 - a team that’s going to compete right away. His “bluster” is unsupported? Why? You’re disappointed we’re not top ten or top five in year one?

I'm not sure about that.  Pretty sure we spent the first part of last season fairly high in kenpom, but I get your overall point.  

17 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm not sure about that.  Pretty sure we spent the first part of last season fairly high in kenpom, but I get your overall point.  

kenpom rankings throughout last year:

F810BE9F-CC11-424F-B078-F6565CD0BBA7.thumb.jpeg.188ca9a85d37e80b7715720ca5a16cf2.jpeg

started at 9, got as high as 4, never fell below 26, and were at 23 when we lost to Abilene Christian. as @longhornmatt pointed out last year, really only Gonzaga had a roster more obviously equipped to go to the Final Four than we did. nothing but 3rd, 4th, and 5th year guards paired with three hyper athletic NBA draft picks in the front court. the perfect combo of young, gifted talent, and experienced veterans with 100+ games under their belt. such an epic fucking failure by Shaka Smart. embarrassing and shameful. that should be the motto of his tenure here. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Rage+1 2

18 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

I didn’t fanboy shit. I just posted simple “big W by shaka” to troll man babies like yourself. It clearly worked. I’m living rent free in your head.

You do whatever the fuck you want. I’m a grown man who does not obsess over strangers from the internet. Your behavior says a lot more about you than it does about me. You showing your ass obsessing over me does not bother me one bit.

Bye bye now clown. Some of us have better shit to do 👋🏼 

@Pam Cummings already adequately responded to your nonsense, but I did want to offer one additional thought around this notion that we're strangers on the Internet. I don't know where that is coming from because I feel like I've known you for years and see this really blossoming into something special between us.

Anyway, good luck betting on Shakablah this weekend when the Marquette Motherfuckers take on Butler at home. I think you should bet your vintage Penthouse collection and next month's rent on Smart to get it done.

• Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

, to the fact that everyone here (save you) is super aware of your obsession with me (a grown man), 

Yeah dude. I’m obsessed with you. Which is why I always respond to your posts and tag you in threads

oh wait, that’s what you do to me. 

You’re a “grown man” who refers to “my dad this” and “my dad that” on a regular basis. It’s pathetic.

I honestly feel sorry for you. Same as the other clown.

• Fuck You 3

my dad worked for/with the Texas Basketball program for decades, and probably knows more about the program than literally anyone alive. he's also a writer who has been writing about Texas sports for decades. of course everyone who actually posts here in earnest knows this, and has known it for years. i find it 0% surprising that the board's resident juvenile troll never picked up on that. too busy picking fights and slurping Shaka to read or comprehend anything substantive.

you know how you keep saying "bye bye", and telling us that this discussion is stupid, and that we're all stupid, and that you're leaving? yeah, i speak for everyone when i say that you should actually go ahead and keep your word this time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Jesus this thread has turned into an abortion. I love how ctj - who is quick to ignore people that challenge him or make him uncomfortable and then constantly remind the board that he has them on ignore - is repeatedly engaging with one of the most universally ignorable posters on the basketball board.

Please go back to the recruiting board to get your dick sucked and leave motown alone. No one is impressed that you're picking an easy target to strangely try and tangentially build some cred on a subject you know dick about. 

34 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I talk about my dad all the time, too. He's pretty awesome. Was an engineer for NASA right out of college. Worked his ass off all his whole life, but now he's got advanced dementia and can't remember what he ate for lunch.

So in lieu of being able to talk with him (like I used to), I now talk about him.

Kudos to anyone here for bragging on their dad. Dads are awesome.

That’s dope. I get it. My dad’s great too. Sorry to hear that your dads battling dementia. Sounds really tough.

Derkas constant riding his dads coattails and the “dont you know who my dad is?!?!?” is a little much though.

Anyways, back to Shaka…

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Jesus this thread has turned into an abortion. I love how ctj - who is quick to ignore people that challenge him or make him uncomfortable and then constantly remind the board that he has them on ignore - is repeatedly engaging with one of the most universally ignorable posters on the basketball board.

Please go back to the recruiting board to get your dick sucked and leave motown alone. No one is impressed that you're picking an easy target to strangely try and tangentially build some cred on a subject you know dick about. 

The best is Motown repped this when really it’s just a slam on him for being a moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The best is Motown repped this when really it’s just a slam on him for being a moron. 

Hahahahahaha. 

@MotownHorn take note here, my man. Wulaw’s quote is indicative of what living rent free in another poster’s head actually looks like. I’d forgotten that @ztejas existed and here he is apparently shouting at me to “stay off of his turf!”. So good. A fat, entitled dufus who didn’t even attend Texas and went to fucking Tulane is on a Texas sports board shouting at someone to stop being an interloper in defense of a proven fellow moron. 

That shit is more entertaining than anything I can recall reading from back in the day from that goober. 

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

SMU dude. SMU. 
also, instructive that Motown horn means Morgantown and not Detroit, and he was shocked when we thought it meant Detroit. That’d be like some loser saying “I’m H-town horn” and then reacting with scorn that he’s from Hutto and not Houston- “as is clear from my user name you morons”. Loved that one. 

SMU. Awesome. Even more worthless. “But I have an MBA from SMU!” says the dipshit toiling away in the analyst pool and getting passed up by UH grads that can actually do the work. 

The Morgantown thing is stunningly on brand and outstanding. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

SMU. Awesome. Even more worthless. “But I have an MBA from SMU!” says the dipshit toiling away in the analyst pool and getting passed up by UH grads that can actually do the work. 

The Morgantown thing is stunningly on brand and outstanding. 

The way that dipshit keeps throwing around middle fingers makes it feel like a good crowdsource is getting more and more appropriate. 

2 hours ago, ballrific said:

Whats Up What GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster?  We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right?  We’re dealing with a lot of shit. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I was wondering why the bag on Tulane.  One could do worse.

Like say, for instance, SMU.

But anyway, Motown is Morgantown?  Good lord, I need to catch up.  Where's the cheat sheet?

Yes. And explaining one day he was like- how fucking dumb could you be. Of course it’s Morgantown, what else would it be?  This was in relation to him talking about the mountaineers in some sort of thread and trying to understand why we couldn’t understand his insights came from being on the ground or something. It was really, really dumb.  

Also, I don’t know if @shadow_operative has ever fully doxxed himself about who his dad is on the internet (and I’ve interacted with Derka for 15 years and never knew until recently just who his dad actually is- so he must not play that card all that often) but his dad is fucking awesome and about the absolute top of the list in longhorn interdom. 
but sorry Derka- I did make fun of your dad for a little bit by posting dual revenue stream every time he posted about cable/satellite in realignment football deals on Barking Carnival. It was all in fun though, I swear. How old is the old man?  You are lucky to have him for a dad if he’s in private how he appears in public. 

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I haven't kept up with this thread but Marquette has lost 3 of 4. Two of those against #127 NET Butler and #59 NET Creighton. 

Feels like a collapse is coming even with a soft schedule remaining. 

Yeah, Shaka is who he is and it hasn’t changed. He gets some headlining grabbing upsets, but he loses a bunch of games he has no business losing.

And that’s with him inheriting Jones who is an absolute stud. He’s going to be in even more trouble next year when Jones leaves. Sort of like his first two years at Texas except I don’t think Marquette will be as bad as we were in year 2. 

On 2/23/2022 at 8:26 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

SMU dude. SMU. 
also, instructive that Motown horn means Morgantown and not Detroit, and he was shocked when we thought it meant Detroit. That’d be like some loser saying “I’m H-town horn” and then reacting with scorn that he’s from Hutto and not Houston- “as is clear from my user name you morons”. Loved that one. 

This is a weird story to make up in your head. Literally all I said was "Morgantown, get it?"

People in Morgantown call it Motown. I didn't assume anyone else knew that, or act shocked. 

Super weird thing for you to make up and hold a grudge over.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, shadow_operative said:

my dad worked for/with the Texas Basketball program for decades, and probably knows more about the program than literally anyone alive. he's also a writer who has been writing about Texas sports for decades. of course everyone who actually posts here in earnest knows this, and has known it for years. i find it 0% surprising that the board's resident juvenile troll never picked up on that. too busy picking fights and slurping Shaka to read or comprehend anything substantive.

you know how you keep saying "bye bye", and telling us that this discussion is stupid, and that we're all stupid, and that you're leaving? yeah, i speak for everyone when i say that you should actually go ahead and keep your word this time. 

Bill Little is your dad?

10 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Sort of like his first two years at Texas except I don’t think Marquette will be as bad as we were in year 2. 

LOL, Texas in year two under Shaka. the more time goes by, the more awful that coaching job looks. 2016-17 Texas:

•Lost by 14 to #72 Colorado 

•Lost by 9 at home to UT-Arlington

•Lost 63-58 at home to #141 Kent State 

•struggled at home with #303 Incarnate Word, winning 78-73 after being out scored 42-32 in the 2H. Incarnate Word went 12-17 and finished 10th in the Southland Conference

•Went 4-14 and finished dead last in the Big XII

•lost 7 straight and 13/16 to end the season 

That team had:

•Future NBA All Star Jarrett Allen

•McDonalds All American Andrew Jones

•Kerwin Roach coming off a season where he was named to the Big XII All Newcomer Team

•Eric Davis Jr who was coming off a season where he was named to the Big XII All Newcomer Team 

•Senior role players Shaq Cleare and Kendal Yancy

•Freshman role players James Banks and Jacob Young

That's a tourney team. I mean, let's review the other coaches in the league that year:  

Bill Self

Bob Huggins

Chris Beard

Scott Drew

Brad Underwood

Lon Kruger

Jamie Dixon

Bruce Weber

Steve Prohm

I'm thinking that every one of those guys, save maybe Steve Prohm, takes the 2016-17 Texas roster to the Tourney. You look at the OU team that had a similar season to Texas and they had none of the talent that Texas did. Only Shaka Smart could have led that roster to an 11-22, 4-14 record. It's like the Abilene Christian game stretched out over an entire season. Simply amazing. 

3D031749-F553-4511-8D42-C4E95C8DA77A.jpeg

776FF141-398B-424A-811A-C83A7AE67D6E.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1