2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

23 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

2: Stephenville (12-0) vs Argyle (11-1), 7 p.m. Friday at Mansfield  Argyle is lacking the usual stellar QB that makes them unbeatable, but the Eagles usually win state behind a huge line and a good RB, so not sure that matters that much.  Both teams have played really tough schedules, so it’s a shame they’re matching up in playoff week 3 instead of week 5.

21-17 S'ville, as Argyle's QB play does them in.  'jackets will play Melissa next week, who spanked LaVega 41-14

R1: Tuscola Jim Ned (12-0) vs Brock (12-0), 2 p.m. Friday at Brownwood  Another game that’s happening too early, as this should be a state title game.  Brock’s closest game was 19 points, but the Indians have played a tougher schedule and they have the experience of winning it all the hard way in 2020, so give me JN.

<

Argyle and Stephenville couldn't play in week 5 regardless, you dope. The Texas playoff brackets are about as objective as they could possibly be.

Shake out of it...

I'll say again, mad respect for the work you do, but these little lamentations buried within  are amusing.

Edited by slorch

and my point is that in the depper regions, they gotta happen earlier.

The great matchups don't just happen in round 5 & 6.  This ain't the Stanley Cup.  This ain't the fucking Super Bowl.

It's the best legit  football tournament known to man, on multiple levels.

and grow the fuck up @Assman with the bitchass neg.  Post a take and roll with it.  Me and Beauvine have traded paint plenty.   This discussion ain't like the bullshit you're bringin.

Edited by slorch

37 minutes ago, slorch said:

and grow the fuck up @Assman with the bitchass neg.  Post a take and roll with it.  Me and Beauvine have traded paint plenty.   This discussion ain't like the bullshit you're bringin.

Not only are you bitching about rep, but you're also going around repping your own posts with your Iceman sock?

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6AD1
R1:  Southlake Carroll (12-0) vs Lewisville (11-1), 2 p.m. Saturday at Coppell  The Fighting Farmers have already pulled a couple of upsets, but it would be a shock to see them win this.  Winner gets Trinity-Allen.

SLC rolls 52-0, holding the Farmers to 150 yards of total offense.  Allen smacked Trinity 52-29.

R2:  Swapping opponents from the 2020 matchups that saw the DFW schools win both of these.  

Duncanville (10-1) vs Spring (11-1), 7 p.m. Saturday at Frisco
DeSoto (10-2) vs Spring Westfield (12-0), 4 p.m. Saturday at San Antonio

I think Duncanville is probably the best team of the four.  Spring's only loss is to Westfield.  At some point, we I have to accept that Desoto’s Judson loss was a fluke and recognize that they’re a really good team whose only other loss is to Duncanville and they’ve kicked the shit out of every other team they’ve played, including a really good Rockwall team last week.

The DFW schools get the sweep again.  Westfield got held to field goals repeatedly, which won't beat a team like Desoto.  Eagles win 34-17.  Duncanville is somehow loaded with huge lineman and speedy wideouts, DBs, and RBs again. They looked like a college team, beating a very good Spring team 42-7.  

6A DII
1: Guyer’s JV could win this region. I bet they will get playing time.

Guyer blew a lead and nearly lost to Byron Nelson, finally winning 43-36.   They'll play district mate Prosper next week.  Allen is also alive from that district.

2: This is too spicy to pick one:

Cedar Hill (8-4) vs Cypress Bridgeland (10-2), 2 p.m. Saturday at Waco’s Waco ISD Stadium
Rockwall-Heath (11-1) vs Tomball (9-3), 8 p.m. Saturday at San Antonio

Bridgeland has been winning, but not convincingly.  CH’s loses are to Rockwall, Allen, Desoto, and D’Ville, so those records are deceiving.  Heath has scored 636 points this season.

Weigman got knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter, but Bridgeland's D held CH to under 100 yards of total offense, winning 32-18.  Big statement by those kids.  

Maybe I caught them on a bad night, but Heath looked thoroughly mediocre and played like pussies against Tomball, who completed  a Houston-area sweep with a 35-21 win.  Tomball's QB had over 300 yards rushing.

5AD1

R1: Amarillo Tascosa (10-2) vs Colleyville Heritage (11-1), 3 p.m. Saturday at Wichita Falls  One of the better running jokes on Texags started when a poster claimed that Tascosa has three guys faster than Brenan Thompson.  If true, they have a shot to beat CH.

CH rallied from 17-7 down to win 41-24.  They'll play Mansfield Summit next week for the 4th time in two seasons.

4AD1

4: Austin LBJ (12-0) vs Boerne (9-2), 12 p.m. Saturday at San Antonio  There’s no reason to doubt LBJ any more. The Greyhounds did play their best game of the year last week, pasting CC Miller 63-13, so maybe they can keep it close.

Funny how LBJ lost Mukuba and McCutchin and got better.  A lot better.  68-24.  They'll defenestrate coachless Freddy next week.  It's only a rumor, but I heard that Fred's coach got fired for a "third strike" behavior violation, and that the third strike was him picking on a special needs kid.  No idea what the first two strikes were.  

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Not only are you bitching about rep, but you're also going around repping your own posts with your Iceman sock?

you're bitching about rep.  LOlz.

Hey, I don't fuck with anyone else.  Negs get pozzed up.  Why would anyone else fucking care if rep doesn't matter?

Keep avoiding the initial question though...  you're better than that.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Argyle and Stephenville couldn't play in week 5 regardless, you dope. The Texas playoff brackets are about as objective as they could possibly be.

Pretty sure Argyle and Stephenville have met in week 5 before, because Stephenville was always in region I until just a couple of years ago.

Can you guys cut it out? Some of us haven’t seen a deep playoff run by a team from our homeland in 10+ years. There’s people with real problems out here. 

How many D1 recruits on the field for DeSoto-Duncanville next weekend? Gotta be the most must-see matchup of the playoffs so far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Can you guys cut it out? Some of us haven’t seen a deep playoff run by a team from our homeland in 10+ years. There’s people with real problems out here. 

How many D1 recruits on the field for DeSoto-Duncanville next weekend? Gotta be the most must-see matchup of the playoffs so far. 

Seems like all regions south of Victoria are a UIL HSFB title desert. I would love to see south Texas get their share again 

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Gotdam crybaby in a high school football thread.

LOlz.

Jeez, aside from writing lots of fairly unintelligible & boring posts, I'm not sure what your big contribution is to this site. @Beau Vine contributes more value to this thread than anyone else and it's not even close. Trash me all you want, but seriously, picking a fight with Beau Vine is just stupid and pointless. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Jeez, aside from writing lots of fairly unintelligible & boring posts, I'm not sure what your big contribution is to this site. @Beau Vine contributes more value to this thread than anyone else and it's not even close. Trash me all you want, but seriously, picking a fight with Beau Vine is just stupid and pointless. 

It wasn't picking a fight until he overreacted.  Then he started shit...and then there you have it.  Now you're starting shit with personal shots.

It was simply a point of discussion around timing of key matchups in the POs.  If all we wanted to do was read recaps, with no analysis, then there's ample material out there, but that's not what this place is, right?

Not sorry to somehow threaten your circle jerk, but I assure you it wasn't deliberate..   good gawd almighty...

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

It wasn't picking a fight until he overreacted.  Then he started shit...and then there you have it.  Now you're starting shit with personal shots.

It was simply a point of discussion around timing of key matchups in the POs.  If all we wanted to do was read recaps, with no analysis, then there's ample material out there, but that's not what this place is, right?

Not sorry to somehow threaten your circle jerk, but I assure you it wasn't deliberate..   good gawd almighty...

"We?" Speak for yourself, as best you can. 

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

Duncanville alone has double digit D1 guys just in their senior class. Won’t know for sure until we see how some of the underclassmen turn out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ultimately ends up being 30+ D1 guys that play in this game.

42 minutes ago, slorch said:

OK.  Consensus is in.

Re-seed after Area round of POs, geography be damned.

Carry on...

You are blowing this so ridiculously out of proportion.

Both teams have played really tough schedules, so it’s a shame they’re matching up in playoff week 3 instead of week 5.

This is the comment that set you off. Look at how benign that is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Seems like all regions south of Victoria are a UIL HSFB title desert. I would love to see south Texas get their share again 

Refugio says Hi as they are 30 mins south of Victoria, but I get your point. 

As a resident and fan of Calallen,  I’ve seen us win the Region I think 13 times now with winning the semis only twice for a trip to state.   But many of those semi loses where a TD or less loses to Region 3 winner who either turned around and won the following week or kept it extremely close themselves to the state title winner.   I can name a few games with La Marque back in the 90s that fit this.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

Did Calallen ever beat La Marque?  I remember they played at least 4 times in a row in the 90s, didn't they?

Nope.  We played them five times in a row (93-97) with two that went right to the wire with last minute wins for La Marque and one went to OT.  The only one La Marque took us to the shed was the 94 game.   Interesting to go back and look at the results is we had some battles with Westlake during that same era before a Westlake gave up and moved up!   Lol.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

What’s the story on Austin LBJ? To my knowledge it’s a shitty AISD school, I know they had a good year several years ago but never heard from them again. They’re 13-0 and dismantling everyone.

They did make the semis last year only to totally meltdown in the second half of their game against Lindale. 

The Austin area peeps might be able to chime in on this a little better than the second hand info I heard.   LBJ is now a magnet school and this is able to accept transfers even from neighboring districts.   This years team from what I understand has some transfers from Manor, Hutto and few other schools within the Austin ISD and elsewhere.  Coincidence?    I don’t know?  But the Austin ISD is about to make their life harder because they  will opt LBJ up to 5A when realignments are done in a couple of months even though they tuned is way under what will probably be the cutoff.  My bet is if they are allowed to keep what they are doing  in 5A, will be OK.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

What’s the story on Austin LBJ? To my knowledge it’s a shitty AISD school, I know they had a good year several years ago but never heard from them again. They’re 13-0 and dismantling everyone.

They are an unusual school, for sure. They share their campus w Language Arts Science Academy, which is the top academic school in Central Texas. The two schools have a somewhat unusual relationship but it works. The magnet program doesn’t really share athletes, as the kids are all academic achievers. (One of my nieces attended the LASA)

The basketball team is always amazing, and now the football program is peaking. This year, they marched into Liberty Hill and won and that is not easy. Last season, they had a second half meltdown that lost them the semi-final and they tried to get an investigation cause racism, lol, but they made a lot of stupid penalties in the game. I hope they win it all. 

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

They are an unusual school, for sure. They share their campus w Language Arts Science Academy, which is the top academic school in Central Texas. The two schools have a somewhat unusual relationship but it works. The magnet program doesn’t really share athletes, as the kids are all academic achievers. (One of my nieces attended the LASA)

The basketball team is always amazing, and now the football program is peaking. This year, they marched into Liberty Hill and won and that is not easy. Last season, they had a second half meltdown that lost them the semi-final and they tried to get an investigation cause racism, lol, but they made a lot of stupid penalties in the game. I hope they win it all. 

They totally melted down in the second half and those penalties were a large part of it.    They were not very good during the majority of the season in that stat category, so it kind of undercut their argument the second half penalties were part of a conspiracy.   

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Yeah, LBJ and LASA got along so well that they have now physically separated the campuses.  AISD built a new home for Eastside Memorial at the original LC Anderson campus, moved LASA to the old Johnson campus, and kept LBJ at LBJ.  The district is shrinking but it's politically impossible to combine or close schools, so many schools are seeing lower enrollments.

In Austin ISD, you can transfer anywhere there is space available, and there is space available at all of the high schools except Bowie and Akins.  You can also transfer into the district.  I don't think AISD intended to create an unofficial athletics magnet at LBJ but I think they have.

For this realignment cycle, AISD opted-up four schools to 5A-D2.  Do they want to get killed?  No, I think they want to create their own 5A district within the school district.  So LBJ will be crushing Eastside, LASA, Travis and Northeast rather than traveling to play 4A schools elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Texas Jeff said:

Yeah, LBJ and LASA got along so well that they have now physically separated the campuses.  AISD built a new home for Eastside Memorial at the original LC Anderson campus, moved LASA to the old Johnson campus, and kept LBJ at LBJ.  The district is shrinking but it's politically impossible to combine or close schools, so many schools are seeing lower enrollments.

In Austin ISD, you can transfer anywhere there is space available, and there is space available at all of the high schools except Bowie and Akins.  You can also transfer into the district.  I don't think AISD intended to create an unofficial athletics magnet at LBJ but I think they have.

For this realignment cycle, AISD opted-up four schools to 5A-D2.  Do they want to get killed?  No, I think they want to create their own 5A district within the school district.  So LBJ will be crushing Eastside, LASA, Travis and Northeast rather than traveling to play 4A schools elsewhere.

Thanks for the update. My info is obviously out-of-date. Wow, having LBJ play LASA is not good. But I bet LASA could smoke them at chess. 

1 hour ago, Texas Jeff said:

And really they might actually be able to win Region IV in 5A D2 if the next alignment mirrors or comes close to the current setup.  Especially if Boerne Champion and Liberty Hill move up.  Alamo Heights will remain and one of the Corpus area schools like GP or Flour Bluff might be a factor as they will drop down to D2 from D1

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:18 AM, slorch said:

Here's a rabbit hole link some a y'all junkies might enjoy.  You can look up old coaches or your schools' histories.

https://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/

and  @Dennis Taylor   is right, 2021 is Paetow's 4th varsity season.

Don't know about you guys schools, but the stats with my old HS are some ridiculously inaccurate shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Don't know about you guys schools, but the stats with my old HS are some ridiculously inaccurate shit.

I noticed some "irregularities."  They had a coach listed for my Senior year that was retired after my Junior year.

I just emailed the info to them, hopefully to improve the accuracy.  I still like reading that shit even if some of it's a bit off.  No different than regular news...

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

St. Stephen's (Austin) and my little brother won the TAIAO 6-man state championship on Saturday and he won offensive MVP. So that was neat. 

They only have 6 teams make the playoffs. Better than no football for those schools I guess. 

That's amazing. Congrats!!!!! 

15 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

That's amazing. Congrats!!!!! 

Yeah he's a basketball player that kind of got dragged into it this year or just thought fuck it why not but I think he had a lot of fun. He's 6'5" and a pretty good athlete so they would just hit him on the post repeatedly. 

Also the QB plays point on their basketball team so they had some chemistry already. 

Can't remember when SS quit playing 11 man - think it was 5-6 years ago? Just didn't have enough kids going out for it anymore. Guessing the 6 man or 7 man game keeps growing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah he's a basketball player that kind of got dragged into it this year or just thought fuck it why not but I think he had a lot of fun. He's 6'5" and a pretty good athlete so they would just hit him on the post repeatedly. 

Also the QB plays point on their basketball team so they had some chemistry already. 

Can't remember when SS quit playing 11 man - think it was 5-6 years ago? Just didn't have enough kids going out for it anymore. Guessing the 6 man or 7 man game keeps growing. 

Congrats again! That is a great achievement!!!!!!! Wow. Last year, Texas School for the Deaf won it in their first 6-man season. If I had a half-minute, I would write it aa a screenplay. 

For some reason, i thought Saint Stephens had combined with another school to field one team. My business partner's daughter plays vball there so we've followed every high and low of the season like it was a life and death matter. 

9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Congrats again! That is a great achievement!!!!!!! Wow. Last year, Texas School for the Deaf won it in their first 6-man season. If I had a half-minute, I would write it aa a screenplay. 

For some reason, i thought Saint Stephens had combined with another school to field one team. My business partner's daughter plays vball there so we've followed every high and low of the season like it was a life and death matter. 

It's going to be awesome for him in college and past that that he can say "yeah we won state in football my senior year". No need to get the girl caught up on details past that point. 

They may have done the combined schools thing for a couple years. I know that was definitely a thing but can't remember which schools it was - maybe them and St. Andrew's or St. Andrew's and St. Michael's or something like that. I bet those logistics are a pain in the ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's going to be awesome for him in college and past that that he can say "yeah we won state in football my senior year". No need to get the girl caught up on details past that point. 

They may have done the combined schools thing for a couple years. I know that was definitely a thing but can't remember which schools it was - maybe them and St. Andrew's or St. Andrew's and St. Michael's or something like that. I bet those logistics are a pain in the ass. 

St Andrews is new money. They're more full of themselves. St Stephen's is old money. They're more laid back. 

We now return everyone to our regularity scheduled thread.  

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Shiner has better beer.  

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the day the build a by pass around that god forsaken city, the world will be a better place 

True.   They almost got the one completed by the other speed trap known as Driscoll.    They were downright corrupt  with what they did with the ticket money and got caught finally.   Not nearly as bad as it used to be in recent years and will be a thing of the past in just a few weeks.  Odem needs to be done too because of the trains that go to Port of CC go through there  and back traffic up forever at times on 77. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

Springtown vs Hirschi Friday at 7pm in……fucking Allen. I can think of a half dozen places more geographically suited for this not to mention in better places with better food options. I’ve been down on Springtown two weeks in a row so no reason to change course now. Their D has been lights out and forced multiple turnovers on a regular basis, but their lack of depth continues to concern me. Hirschi is a lot like last weeks EP opponent; raw athletes and speed.

• Hook 'Em 1

CC Vets at Flour Bluff is going down in my area.    The CC Vets fan base and the media are all ticked off because this game is taking place at Flour Bluff with a capacity of 5900 instead of Buc with a capacity of 15000.  But it seems like someone forgot to tell the whiners that Vets asked for a home and home last season for the playoffs and won the toss.   So by UIL rule, the visiting team from the last season match up gets to host….  Maybe the idiots who make decisions at the CCISD will think twice  the next time in a similar situation and ask for a home neutral stadium like GP or Calallen?  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

True.   They almost got the one completed by the other speed trap known as Driscoll.    They were downright corrupt  with what they did with the ticket money and got caught finally.   Not nearly as bad as it used to be in recent years and will be a thing of the past in just a few weeks.  Odem needs to be done too because of the trains that go to Port of CC go through there  and back traffic up forever at times on 77. 

refugio law enforcement has been got many times fleecing people. they just hire new people and the same thing happens. 

37 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

CSB Driscoll edition: Some of my cousins grew up in kingsville/Bishop, so growing up I spent a lot of time in that area. ~20 years ago Driscoll used to have a cop car parked all the time by that gas station as a speed deterrent. The windows were heavily tinted but they apparently had a big Pink Panther doll with a hat and sunglasses in the drivers seat to make it look like somebody was inside. Someone once stuck a “For Sale” sign on the windshield of the cop car. 

• Haha 2