2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Couldn’t imagine a more miserable experience than having to stand shoulder to shoulder for almost 3 hours

It tells me a lot about Milwaukee. City looks nice enough but y'all really don't have anything better to do? 

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Milwaukee is actually a pretty cool city. 

Cool like "hey you want to go stand outside for 3+ hours without amenities or a restroom or AC during one of the 4 months we can actually spend outside?"

Sounds awesome. 

(I'm just taking the piss - Milwaukee seems fine)

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Cool like "hey you want to go stand outside for 3+ hours without amenities or a restroom or AC during one of the 4 months we can actually spend outside?"
Sounds awesome. 
Or you can walk around talking to women and getting drunk for a few hours. Maybe even pick up a drunk chick.

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Or you can walk around talking to women and getting drunk for a few hours. Maybe even pick up a drunk chick.

I mean that's their prerogative but I have a fucking basketball game to watch. If there's any time I want zero female interaction it's a game 6 to go to the conference finals featuring KD. I can jack off later just fine, thanks. 

I mean that's their prerogative but I have a fucking basketball game to watch. If there's any time I want zero female interaction it's a game 6 to go to the conference finals featuring KD. I can jack off later just fine, thanks. 
You got that Bill in Sinton focusness.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Cool?

He was great but that seems a little arbitrary. (Two of those stats have only been a thing for like 40 years)

All of these "first ever" stat lines are extremely arbitrary. Seems these started with ESPN to prop up their pet players. Every other night, it seems they dig up a "first ever" stat line.

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

He was breaking down at halftime with 19 points and 13 rebounds on 8 of 9 shooting 

Giannis was good. I made that comment after a couple of dumb plays in a quick span by him but he was fine. 

But this shit has to go:

https://streamable.com/rquvnt

You cannot tell me it's a competitive advantage or disadvantage for him to take that long. There's no way he can't just shoot free throws like a normal person and hit the same %s. It's awful to watch when he's at the line. 

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

All of these "first ever" stat lines are extremely arbitrary. Seems these started with ESPN to prop up their pet players. Every other night, it seems they dig up a "first ever" stat line.

You’re a Mavs fan.  You should be used to this shit with Luka.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Durant's was one thing because it was a near 50 point triple double but for Khris they have to stitch together 5 3pm with 5 steals which is already probably a really short list as that stuff has only been recorded since like '83 and only recently is it common for a guy to hit 5 3s. 

Just seems like a reach. He was great tonight - he wasn't historic. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Giannis was good. I made that comment after a couple of dumb plays in a quick span by him but he was fine. 

But this shit has to go:

https://streamable.com/rquvnt

You cannot tell me it's a competitive advantage or disadvantage for him to take that long. There's no way he can't just shoot free throws like a normal person and hit the same %s. It's awful to watch when he's at the line. 

Harden cracks me up in this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Whoever said Brooklyn should punt it to game 7 was right. Although they were within 5….

Yeah they just didn't have the bounces to win on the road tonight. They didn't have a guy bail them out repeatedly like Green did in G5. But Harden and Durant put some good work in to have them in it late - just wasn't their night.

I took BKN +6 and feel like Vegas kind of got this one right. 

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Giannis is breaking down. @d2o I told you this might happen. That KD game goes beyond the end of game 5. 

You're hilarious dude.     Like I said, they just came back from a nut kick 50 pt loss to win.   That wasn't going to break them either.  They have a team of competitors not front running busters like Embiid.   

I give Giannis credit where its due.   He made a lot of higher IQ plays last night.   Some looked a little awkward but instead of just barreling into the defense he got in the air and kicked it back out.   After he did that a few times, help defenders started staying home more and he was 1 on 1 more often instead of having 3 guys waiting to take the charge.    He also let Jrue run things a little more with less of him pounding the ball out top.  AND HE DIDNT TAKE A SINGLE THREE!!

I've always been a big fan of Middleton so seeing him come up big was great.   Its going to be tough tomorrow but they at least have a decent shot

Edited by d2o

I mean I don’t  know how the Bucks aren’t highly favored to win Game 7. KD had to go nuclear in a game Jeff Greene also hit 7 threes for Brooklyn to win a 1 possession game at home after an incredibly unlikely comeback. Most of everything Milwaukee did in game 6 is replicable. I’d be shocked if Brooklyn gets through. 
that game 5 epic was just heart of a champion stuff for KD- not something you can keep up with and repeat. 

The Bucks played well last night, no doubt, but the reason they won is almost entirely due to every Nets player not named KD or James Harden being a functional regard on offense. No one else has a prayer of creating offense, but if they can't hit kickout 3s they are worthless. You've got a guy at or near the top of 3Pt% in Joe Harris who looks seriously afraid to shoot. You can't get it done without that threat b/c they can send 3 bodies at KD with impunity.

Unless KD goes supernova (which obviously he is fully capable of doing) or James Harden and/or Kyrie miraculously heal, I think the Bucks should be favored because the team with the best players usually wins. KD is the best player in the world, but the Bucks have at least the next best three in this series. This version of James Harden isn't an all star, and the rest of the Nets players are extremely meh (which makes total sense when your roster otherwise contains 3 of the best 20 players in the league). 

I'm pulling for the Nets because I like KD, but its going to take a 40-50 point game from him and someone like Jeff Green or Joe Harris to chip in 25.