Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

5 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

They go through and play England in the first KO round.

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

If I were England, I'm not sure that isn't better than getting Portugal.

Taking this a step further - the only thing that England probably doesn't want is France (France-Portugal tie, Germany wins or Portual wins, Germany ties).

“Home” team ”Away” team Location Date
Belgium Portugal Sevilla June 27
Italy Austria London June 26
France Switzerland Bucharest June 28
Croatia Spain Copenhagen June 28
Sweden Ukraine Glasgow June 29
England Germany London June 29
The Netherlands Czech Republic Budapest June 27
Wales Denmark Amsterdam June 26
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

These are great, though Portugal gets a virtual home match vs Belgium.

Despite their obvious issues, I don't think England is some candy-ass matchup that Germany is cheering for.

But we'll see. Certainly not optimal for England. 

(They're also playing in London)

Edited by ztejas

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Despite their obvious issues, I don't think England is some candy-ass matchup that Germany is cheering for.

But we'll see. Certainly not optimal for England. 

(They're also playing in London)

Certainly not the way Germany has played five of the six halves in this tournament. I don’t think any of my German relatives, including the boy who plays for Gladbach, thinks Germany is a lock.

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

Certainly not the way Germany has played five of the six halves in this tournament. I don’t think any of my German relatives, including the boy who plays for Gladbach, thinks Germany is a lock.

England is really difficult to score on. They might be a trainwreck when it comes to optimizing their attack and creating good chances but their backline is very solid.

Should be a good one.

Belgium    Portugal    
Italy    Austria    
France    Switzerland    
Croatia    Spain    
Sweden    Ukraine    
England    Germany    
The Netherlands    Czech Republic    
Wales    Denmark    

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Yes, but they are close to home, they could have a home field advantage. 

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

These are great, though Portugal gets a virtual home match vs Belgium.

40730EA5-CFCC-4F0A-9456-E97BFD17EE1C.png

4ED67DAD-1F16-4D83-8994-F9C0EC1E1247.jpeg

22 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Hey England here is your reward for winning the group, Germany! This one is going to be fun. They need to lift restrictions so that the crowd can look like the France v Hungry game. That would hopefully help England get past these guys.

I feel like this is a hump that could boost England in the tournament. Sure they have been Germany (Germany 5-4-1 are up since 2000) and in a major tournament, but not in the knockout rounds since 1966.

Oh jeez, I'm sorry...didn't realize England lost its Prince earlier this year.  Maybe Germany shouldn't skullfuck the Three Lions on front of the widow while shitting on their palace.  Fuck England, fuck the Brits, fuck the Crown.  

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh jeez, I'm sorry...didn't realize England lost its Prince earlier this year.  Maybe Germany shouldn't skullfuck the Three Lions on front of the widow while shitting on their palace.  Fuck England, fuck the Brits, fuck the Crown.  

England’s prince had a lot of German blood coursing through his veins. He’d be fine with any result. (W/L/D)

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

England’s prince had a lot of German blood coursing through his veins. He’d be fine with any result. (W/L/D)

So gorgeous was the spectacle on the May morning of 1910 when nine kings rode in the funeral of Edward VII of England that the crowd, waiting in hushed and black-clad awe, could not keep back gasps of admiration.  In scarlet and blue and green and purple, three by three the sovereigns rode through the palace gates, with plumed helmets, gold braid, crimson sashes, and jeweled orders flashing in the sun.  After them came five heirs apparent, forty more imperial or royal highnesses, seven queens–four dowager and three regnant–and a scattering of special ambassadors from uncrowned countries.  Together they represented seventy nations in the greatest assemblage of royalty and rank ever gathered in one place and, of its kind, the last. The muffled tongue of Big Ben tolled nine by the clock as the cortege left the palace, but on history’s clock it was sunset, and the sun of the old world was setting in a dying blaze of splendor never to be seen again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So gorgeous was the spectacle on the May morning of 1910 when nine kings rode in the funeral of Edward VII of England that the crowd, waiting in hushed and black-clad awe, could not keep back gasps of admiration.  In scarlet and blue and green and purple, three by three the sovereigns rode through the palace gates, with plumed helmets, gold braid, crimson sashes, and jeweled orders flashing in the sun.  After them came five heirs apparent, forty more imperial or royal highnesses, seven queens–four dowager and three regnant–and a scattering of special ambassadors from uncrowned countries.  Together they represented seventy nations in the greatest assemblage of royalty and rank ever gathered in one place and, of its kind, the last. The muffled tongue of Big Ben tolled nine by the clock as the cortege left the palace, but on history’s clock it was sunset, and the sun of the old world was setting in a dying blaze of splendor never to be seen again.

…and they were all related in one massive continental experiment covering the effects of multigenerational incestuous inbreeding. 

🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1