Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

4 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I feel like this is a hump that could boost England in the tournament. Sure they have been Germany (Germany 5-4-1 are up since 2000) and in a major tournament, but not in the knockout rounds since 1966.

It could also boost them because their side of the bracket is so much easier AND MOSTLY AT HOME! If they get past Germany, they would travel for an easier Swedish team, then ideally be back at home for the Netherlands and whoever comes out of the other side.

And that other side of the bracket IS STACKED. Round 2 is potentially Belgium-Italy, France-Spain and all the matches that follow that.

Round of 16   Quarter-finals   Semi-finals   Final

27 June 2021 – Seville                

23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium  

2 July 2021 – Munich

23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal    

Winner Match 39  

26 June 2021 – London

Winner Match 37    

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy  

6 July 2021 – London

23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png Austria    

Winner Match 46  

28 June 2021 – Bucharest

Winner Match 45    

23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France  

2 July 2021 – Saint Petersburg  

16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png  Switzerland    

Winner Match 41  

28 June 2021 – Copenhagen

Winner Match 42    

23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png Croatia  

11 July 2021 – London

23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain    

Winner Match 49  

29 June 2021 – Glasgow

Winner Match 50  

23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden  

3 July 2021 – Rome  

23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png Ukraine    

Winner Match 43  

29 June 2021 – London

Winner Match 44    

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England  

7 July 2021 – London

23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany    

Winner Match 48  

27 June 2021 – Budapest

Winner Match 47    

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Netherlands  

3 July 2021 – Baku  

23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic    

Winner Match 40  

26 June 2021 – Amsterdam

Winner Match 38    

23px-Flag_of_Wales_%281959%E2%80%93prese Wales  

20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not even a 3 hour flight... 20 hour drive? Those are some slow roads.

Map out a flight & drive from Austin to Detroit.

• Hook 'Em 1

England is really difficult to score on. They might be a trainwreck when it comes to optimizing their attack and creating good chances but their backline is very solid.
Should be a good one.

Wasn’t the narrative coming in that England was a mess in the back and we should be looking at 3-2/4-3 matches?

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wasn’t the narrative coming in that England was a mess in the back and we should be looking at 3-2/4-3 matches?

IMHO, we haven't learned much about England. If you take away their Scotland games, Croatia and the Czech Republic only combined to score 2 goals. I'm not sure we're talking about a quality group.

So yeah, they won their group, BUT they weren't really tested. Against a better team, what do we see?

having a job that actually requires work makes me envy the fuckers on here who bag 200k and post 200 times a day

fuckers

anyway, you assholes went berserk yesterday i'm still 5 pages behind won't catch up until saturday so to kick off the next round of asshattery here's the admiral's certified round of 16 predictions

amsterdam:  whales 1 - 3 fighting eriksons :: good luck whales, have fun storming the castle, danes are on a role, spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam wonderful spam, glorious spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam

londinium:  italia 3 - 0 österreich:: i had austria as a dark horse & they have shown well, but they will not be the first side to make italy conceed in forever

budapest: nederland 4 - 2 czech :: nederland have looked very good & although you should never buy oranje early, czech are not 18 czech, the bird is slow, & although perisic will score it won't be enough; i have decided that whereas el tri are the aggy of international football, oranje are the ferengi thereof, with 18 dexterity but charisma scores in the 5 to 7 range

sevilla:  belgië 2 - 1 the jews did this :: what a fixture, ronaldo vs. de bruyne; 3 goals may be too many as both sides will be extremely cautious to assess the other's plan of attack, but in the end de bruyne has replaced ronaldo and messi as the best player in the world until mbappe or haaland does something to change that and unfortunately for the latter he's bound to suffer the same fate as giggs (full international industrial disease)

københavn: hrvatska 0 - 3 españa :: croatia...... i've got nothing.  spain have not turned it on yet, they should find joy with the croats

bucurești: france 2 - 0 helvetia :: suisse go full sam, frogs break through late, would not be surprised to see ET/120'.

londinium: engerland 1 - 4 waffen nationalelf :: the germans dislike "die mannschaft" as it translate something like "manship friends".... the all black uniforms just lack the silver piping and silver numbers/names to go full highcastle.... the lizard missed the pk in euro 96 that condemned england and until he is willing to break tradition and not suck (i.e. actually playing his best players) then england will remain condemned to misery and futility....  full england supporter here, but damn if they don't have a whiff of aggy about them

glaschu: sverige ? - ? україна :: i have no fucking clue, i just hope one of them rolls the other so the victor has something left to resist the waffen who are set up to roll in to the semis with little lift required

scattershooting:  the 2 best teams italy & belgium are going to meet in the quarters which sux; the waffen are set to meet the swamp waffen or the eriksens in the semis, either of whom will be looking for revenge for 1940 (althoug the dutch got a measure of it in '88)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

Despite their obvious issues, I don't think England is some candy-ass matchup that Germany is cheering for.

But we'll see. Certainly not optimal for England. 

(They're also playing in London)

The Germans know a thing or two about tearing London to shreds  

39 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

budapest: nederland 4 - 2 czech :: nederland have looked very good & although you should never buy oranje early, czech are not 18 czech, the bird is slow, & although perisic will score it won't be enough; i have decided that whereas el tri are the aggy of international football, oranje are the ferengi thereof, with 18 dexterity but charisma scores in the 5 to 7 range

københavn: hrvatska 0 - 3 españa :: croatia...... i've got nothing.  spain have not turned it on yet, they should find joy with the croats

Me thinks you have confused Czech Republic and Croatia? The matchups are correct, but Perisic plays for Croatia and I very much doubt Spain will have an easy time with that midfield.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Me thinks you have confused Czech Republic and Croatia? The matchups are correct, but Perisic plays for Croatia and I very much doubt Spain will have an easy time with that midfield.

He would have flown to Bucharest for the match in Budapest. 

The Tyrolians* will be torn by that Italy/Austria match. They are Austrians living inside the Italian  border, but they know that the “inferior” Italian people boast the superior fußball squad. (Which “the others” call calcio.)

*don’t know if this is the correct name for the people of Tyrol.

• Haha 2

This is one of the more difficult brackets for me to fill out.  With the exception of Italy and, to a lesser extent, Belgium, even the best teams have shown some serious weaknesses and ability to lose a game they should win based on their talent.  I'm going to go a little crazy with this one.

Round of 16:

Bel v. Por

Ita v. Aut

Fra v. Sui  

Cro v. Esp

Swe v. Ukr

Eng v. Ger

Ned v. Cze

Wal v. Den

QFs:

Bel v. Ita

Sui v. Cro

Swe v. Ger

Ned v. Den

SFs:

Ita v. Cro

Ger v. Den

Champs: Italy

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

England are the Dallas Cowboys of international football. 

Germany is Tom Brady. 

#1 is absolutely correct.

🇮🇹 Italy <=> Germany 🇩🇪 Axis COMBINED are the Tom Brady of European Football. 

🇧🇷 Brazil is the Tom Brady of International Football. 

Edited by Napoleon

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Now Wales are being spiteful bitches. Mexico is jealous.

yeah the commentators seemed to think the red was harsh, but i don't. Maybe in the 45th minute,  but in the 90th down 3 - 0? I'm fine with the red. That was a spiteful, cynical challenge. 

• Hook 'Em 1