Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

Just now, Lobo said:

So the 3 seeds for sure going through are Czech and Switzerland?  With very likely another one coming from the F group.

And then one of the ones with 3 points like Ukraine or Finland?  

Asking for an Andorran friend of mine.  Or is  she from Liechtenstein?  she's very complex and totally goes to a different high school. 

Ukraine are through. Slovakia are out. Finland need Portugal to get assblasted. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So the 3 seeds for sure going through are Czech and Switzerland?  With very likely another one coming from the F group.

And then one of the ones with 3 points like Ukraine or Finland?  

Asking for an Andorran friend of mine.  Or is  she from Liechtenstein?  she's very complex and totally goes to a different high school. 

Wikipedia says that Ukraine is through. Finland needs something crazy to happen today to get in over the Group F 3rd place.

Czech, Switzerland, Ukraine, Portugal/Germany

Edited by tokamak

I think "Portugal Assblasted" is the name of the new album from Portugal.The Man

For ethnic price, I laid the symbolic parlay (not much cash) on Spain outright win, Germany outright win, and Portugal tie with France with an uptick in total goals scored. 

17 minutes ago, tokamak said:

So, generally speaking for Group F:

• France is thru barring something crazy
  • Germany and Portugal need to win or draw to be safe
  • Hungary needs a miracle

Is that right? Portugal better come correct today and not just play for a draw.

France is through through. But they are playing to top the group. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Just referring to his behavior. He was dancing around like a jackass and freaking out about that injury. Maybe chill out a bit? You're supposed to be in charge here. 

ref is spanish and as we know, spanish are shitlisted today.

2 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Shit call.  It's an unfortunate hit, but that's not a pk.  

No different than a receiver getting killed over the middle on a bad read from the QB. You're in the keeper's territory there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tokamak said:

I thought so too. I missed the replay but at first glance it looked like 0% ball, 100% ear.

He got the ball and knocked it out of the way after the header, then hit the player.  That is the goal keepers area.  He has the right to clear the ball away.  And he did.  Hit the ball first.  Should not have been a penalty.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

You got that right.

image.thumb.png.cbffbfa655cc661563ae9eb7c75f905c.png

I like France, ref got that call right, it was late after the header.

Same. And I despise Portugal (well, really just CR7).

Lloris only made contact with the ball after it came off Danilo's head. Normally, that wouldn't matter, as keepers are given lots of latitude. But it seemed to me that Lloris really hung his elbow out there with intent. One of those subtle things, as in, "I've got a chance to put in a free hit on him, and I'm gonna take it."

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I would say that Kane is much worse than him. Didn't he win the Golden Boot at the 2018 WC with only penalties?

I don't know. I feel like Kane with Spurs isn't especially guilty of that though. Maybe he is. 

I'm not a Ronaldo hater - he's one of the best ever and there's a reason he takes every penalty. But he scores sooooo many pens.