Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

22 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Why is everyone like this whenever something tragic happens? We'd like to know why it happened and this forum is for discussing things. It's a valid question. My MA advisor died suddenly when a pulmonary embolism burst while on a ladder in the archives in Italy reaching for a book. We all wanted to know why it happened. 

I'm just glad no one assumed he was black because that would be perpetuating stereotypes. 

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Man I'm beaming over here. Hope he wasn't out for too long, but he looks relatively alert.

I was watching with a room full of nurses. We all thought that he had died based on the extended cpr. 

Edited by Dahobbs

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

you are a degenerate.  and i would guess all of the books have suspended all action on denmark

Mine doesn't do live bets on futures like that while games are going on. They'll probably update tomorrow morning. 

The Danish FA has just tweeted (via Google translate): "Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable. He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations. The match against Finland will be played tonight. This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay. The match resumes at 20.30.

23 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Not criticizing that player at all, but isn’t the tongue swallowing thing a myth?

It is a myth.  The tongue can relax and block the airway, but it isn't hard for the medics to clear up.  What the teammate did/didn't do didn't change anything.  The medics did a top notch job.

• Hook 'Em 2

Not criticizing that player at all, but isn’t the tongue swallowing thing a myth?

It think it more of clearing his airway so he can breath.  Assuming he was even breathign

Right it’s not a literal swallowing your tongue, in an unconscious choking situation clearing the tongue makes sure that their airway is clear which could be blocked by the tongue of their out cold.

So since the player didn’t suspect a neck injury, it would be to roll him on his side and clear his airway OR roll him on his back and begin cpr