Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

And the Polish will be playing with 10 men the last 30 minutes

both yellows were kind of bullshit. i mean, i guess i could see the second, but that first one is just stupid. now poland are hamstrung for the rest of the match because of a card happy ref.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

both yellows were kind of bullshit. i mean, i guess i could see the second, but that first one is just stupid. now poland are hamstrung for the rest of the match because of a card happy ref.

Nah, that first was an easy yellow. He clipped the guy before his last touch on the ball, resulting in the heavy dribble. The guy went down to sell it. But IMHO, that was an unintentional professional foul.

Poland is down a man not due to a card happy ref, but because they put in a really clumsy MF out there.

Edited by Captain Ron

17 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Rooting like hell for Sweden. I'm not expecting a victory but, one part of my family came from Ängelholm so I root for the "home" team.

Koeniggsegg also comes from Ängelholm but, I don't think we are related.

Sweden has been in really good form lately so I wouldn't be shocked.

40 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Rooting like hell for Sweden. I'm not expecting a victory but, one part of my family came from Ängelholm so I root for the "home" team.

Koeniggsegg also comes from Ängelholm but, I don't think we are related.

Sweden is chronologically my closest country of origin so I always pull for them in everything. 

When was the last time Ibra played? He retired from the NT recently, right?

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sweden is chronologically my closest country of origin so I always pull for them in everything. 

When was the last time Ibra played? He retired from the NT recently, right?

He retired, then said he might come back, then that brought a firestorm of news. That was after he was not included on the 2018 WC team. He did play in some of the 2022 WC qualifying games but I think right now he is hurt. I think the last game he played for the national team was March, or so. He's 39 or 40 now so the window is probably closed.

He retired, then said he might come back, then that brought a firestorm of news. That was after he was not included on the 2018 WC team. He did play in some of the 2022 WC qualifying games but I think right now he is hurt. I think the last game he played for the national team was March, or so. He's 39 or 40 now so the window is probably closed.

Even at 39 or 40, I imagine Zlatan is better up top than whoever else Sweden has to slot in there.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Even at 39 or 40, I imagine Zlatan is better up top than whoever else Sweden has to slot in there.

He's still must watch television at the club level at 39 or 40.  Dude is just a fucking helluva player, and an even better showman  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He's still must watch television at the club level at 39 or 40.  Dude is just a fucking helluva player, and an even better showman  

Look, I''m not bashing him. I think right now he is hurt. It's just that, in the end, Father Time will always win. He's had an amazing career.

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Look, I''m not bashing him. I think right now he is hurt. It's just that, in the end, Father Time will always win. He's had an amazing career.

No doubt.  I'm just saying he's still, when healthy, one of the most entertaining and dangerous scorers in the world.  If he's not healthy, that changes the calculus.