Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I gave Snyder way too much credit. O/U looking more like 2.5 innings if that. 

He threw what like 21 pitches in the first and 3 of them were legit strikes that we punished. But they started 28-0!!!!!! Watch out everyone!!!!

1 minute ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Question for those smarter than me on pitcher management. At what point do you consider saving Tristan for a few innings if needed later in the weekend? Or is it not worth messing with his rhythm/rotation?

Definitely.  Not sure what his pitch count should be if we're planning on bringing him back on Sunday though.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

You're giving our baseball fans too much credit. I doubt a third of them know who KG is. 

Anytime I go to a game, I am always pleasantly surprised how much our fans know about all aspects of recruiting. Even people you wouldn’t suspect. 

1 minute ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Question for those smarter than me on pitcher management. At what point do you consider saving Tristan for a few innings if needed later in the weekend? Or is it not worth messing with his rhythm/rotation?

The reason Pierce is using Stevens today so they can have him later if need be. Right now it’s looking like 5 maybe 6 innings for Stevens which is what Pierce was looking for. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fairfield played teams like this all year. Actually, most of the teams they played were probably worse. 

I'm thinking they might be in trouble too. ASU could be the only interesting game we see. 

Those NE teams tend to be strong in hitting or pitching, but not usually both.  That one Stony Brooks teams was the exception.  I really have no idea if Fairfield is any good or not, but I suspect ASU will fuckstomp them.