Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Guest Lobo

ASU/FAIR should move up their game to take advantage of this nice weather.  I understand the need for 2.5 hour gaps between games but don't fuck with mother nature today.  Start in-and-outs 15 minutes after our game ends.  

Just now, Lobo said:

ASU/FAIR should move up their game to take advantage of this nice weather.  I understand the need for 2.5 hour gaps between games but don't fuck with mother nature today.  Start in-and-outs 15 minutes after our game ends.  

counterpoint: start the game and play 5 innings to that both teams have to pitch starters and can't come back.  rain delay to morning so that both teams have to pitch second starters in the morning so we get the third pitcher in winner's bracket.

just sayin'.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Surly reports of the Longhorns' demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I'm not sure what this really means, but it sounds like the equivalent of "We're Back" after the first game of the season against Northeast Sisters of the Poor. We played well, soon we'll see real pitching, but when ours are putting up donuts we have a great shot. Keep it up Horns!

19 minutes ago, texastough said:

I'm not sure what this really means, but it sounds like the equivalent of "We're Back" after the first game of the season against Northeast Sisters of the Poor. We played well, soon we'll see real pitching, but when ours are putting up donuts we have a great shot. Keep it up Horns!

No, it sounds like, "God damn, half this board said we'd never make it past this weekend then we won the opener 11-0."

Plenty left to do, but people were pronouncing us dead when the bats went quiet in the conference tourney and those people are dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thoughts on the game...

it was good to be back to DF! The crowd was a bit slow to arrive as parking was a wait, but there was a real nice crowd today. I saw CDC and Beard and the recruits, he was a popular dude in the stands. Also, it was great to see Heavy Metal David Ash, he was just a few seats from me.

Southern was a bit outmatched by the Horns. My boy says he sees better pitching from Lake Travis, Westlake and Bowie. Thank god we weren’t playing them in basketball, as 104.9 noted there was a Disch Falk record for the number of brothers on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

No, it sounds like, "God damn, half this board said we'd never make it past this weekend then we won the opener 11-0."

Plenty left to do, but people were pronouncing us dead when the bats went quiet in the conference tourney and those people are dumb.

Yeah that’s the way it is on the baseball board. We have a nice quiet message board community with die hards watching Tuesday night games talking to ourselves. Then the post season comes along and the recruiting nerds come rubbing in here all “hurrrr durrrr hit the ball! Worst loss ever!!!!” 

It’s amazingly annoying 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1