Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

13 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

if you look at the weather radar, the cell that caused the delay pretty much popped up in Westlake Hills directly.  at 12:10 nothing. by 12:25 a fucking huge cell is there moving east. 

I am so sick of living in Seattle.

Guest Lobo

We gotta lot of baseball left to play in Austin this weekend.  

But I suppose during the rain delay, we could discuss who'd be the better matchup outta Gainesville---USF or Miami?  Shit, mayube even S. Alabama?  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We gotta lot of baseball left to play in Austin this weekend.  

But I suppose during the rain delay, we could discuss who'd be the better matchup outta Gainesville---USF or Miami?  Shit, mayube even S. Alabama?  

In the words of Bill Bradley....

”It don’t make a shit.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Every board is the same. It’s “locals rule!!?!” and a sense of uniqueness the Internet forums over. Recruiting board, basketball board, baseball board, you name it. Same as places like Barking Carnival or Crawfish Boxes or their ilk. God forbid someone not worship solely at the altar of advanced statistics and feel like chaos and human emotion might play roles in performances and managerial decision making. And you’re not a regular there, wherever “there” is? You better not mess up once or we will fucking kill you, and by that I mean crowdsource you.  
I read the boards throughout the year and watch the games. Played the game and did it at an elite level. I enjoy the advanced statistics and the regulars who post. I just don’t see why it’s the end of the world if WinningIsHard or someone else like him shows up with a different POV. You guys fucking melted down on the Big 12 Conf Tourney thread and now it’s turned into the hyperbole of “all of the recruiting board posters” and the premise that that crew isn’t thoughtful. 
It’s worthy of mockery. And hell, I find most of the posts and posters here entertaining or I wouldn’t read them. 

giphy.gif
Close enough gif

Guest Lobo

If They can figure out a way not to dick around between games, no reason Arizona State and Texas can’t do first pitch at 7 PM

do an expedited in and out from 6:30-7:15 for both squads and start this thing at 7:30 at the latest.  
no fucking reason to wait 2.5 hours between games on a weekend of weather like this one.  And fuck whatever rerun we have to bump tonight on LHN 

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, hornbri said:

I thought in regionals the 2.5 hour gap was rule driven (meaning we can't opt out). 

I have tickets and the later it gets the less likely I can get down their with my 9 year old. So I wish we could start by 7:30

Same situation here. Any chance they bump the Fairfield/Southern game until tomorrow and let Texas/ASU go ahead as scheduled? 

1 minute ago, williemackgarza said:

Is it that bad in cent austin. Sunny up in round rock for 1st time this week

Just finished mowing my yard and there is nothing in the blue clear sky. Hot af but that shit looks good. The delay works out for me as I’m taking a shower then heading down to Left Field. 🤘🏼My liver will be ready, damn the lightning. 

Guest Lobo

Beyond dumb.  Lightning and radar were ever present hours before first pitch.  They chose not to start.  This series is going to Monday now because of delays.  The weather sucks but there has been clear windows in which we could play baseball

52 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I don’t know why they didn’t just start the first game at 11:00 am

39 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

This

Everyone new this was coming 

Fucking stupid

You can blame the NCAA and that fucktard ESPN for this fiasco.....programming time BS.