Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

if you look at the weather radar, the cell that caused the delay pretty much popped up in Westlake Hills directly.  at 12:10 nothing. by 12:25 a fucking huge cell is there moving east. 

Just another reason to hate Westlake.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

why would you hate an innocent high school that has nothing to do with any of this?  

3 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:

Surly's dicks are always in the mashed potatoes. The rules are never eat in the clubhouse, what happens on Surly, stays on Surly, something, something, and parents keep your daughters out of the sugar baby thread or they'll get 250ed.      

17 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Announcers on UCLA-Army game talking about Florida going “2 and Q” in their own regional. 

Is it really “2 and Q” if you’re anywhere but Austin?

Yep. I've heard it at all kinds of tournaments, in different sports, in different states. even other countries.

Edited by wood

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm here at the athletic center by the high school to watch my little brother play basketball. Fucking $19 for a one day ticket to watch 17 year olds play basketball. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'm here at the athletic center by the high school to watch my little brother play basketball. Fucking $19 for a one day ticket to watch 17 year olds play basketball. 

High rolla. Let’s see that paystub!!!

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, wood said:

Some of y'all keep saying our game won't start til 830, and will go to the wee hours. Do we really expect both games to go 3:20+?

Even if Fairlfield/Southern hits just under 3:00hrs as you'd expect, with the :55 minute time delay between games.  It's just basic baseball timekeeping and match...our game doesn't start until 8:00p on TV.  First pitch probably until 8:10/8:15p.  just the way it goes.  

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Some of y'all keep saying our game won't start til 830, and will go to the wee hours. Do we really expect both games to go 3:20+?

I view 8:30 as sort of a worst-case scenario (for a 9-inning game).  It could end up starting 30-40 minutes earlier than that.

Of course if Game1 goes into extra innings, our game could start a lot later, too.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Even if Fairlfield/Southern hits just under 3:00hrs as you'd expect, with the :55 minute time delay between games.  It's just basic baseball timekeeping and match...our game doesn't start until 8:00p on TV.  First pitch probably until 8:10/8:15p.  just the way it goes.  

This fucking sucks.

Guest Lobo

it beats the #1 seed in the winner's bracket having go play a double-header on Sunday.  We should be wrapped up by 11:30p tonight.  Not ideal.  IF we lose, it'll suck ass having to turn around 12 hours later for next game.  BUt if we win, it's all good.  But yeah...there's a good chance that this regional gets a game pushed until Monday and not because of "if necessary game 7" kinda shit.  

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

$15 to watch my 13 year old daughter play. Fucking ridiculous when they have 3 two day tournaments a month. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

I view 8:30 as sort of a worst-case scenario (for a 9-inning game).  It could end up starting 30-40 minutes earlier than that.

Of course if Game1 goes into extra innings, our game could start a lot later, too.

Yeah I mean I know games can go long, but average length isn't 3.5-4 hours - assuming the weather holds. 

Guest Lobo

Nobody is saying 4 hours.  Fairfield/Southern just started about 4:30p.  Assume a 3 hour (or slightly less) game then the 1 hour inter-game wait that UT says.  That means, usual baseball shit:

game 1, 4:15-7:00p

waiting time, 7:00-8:00p

game 2, 8:00-11:00p  

We either start tonight between 8:00/8:30a or it gets punted until Sunday morning. 

30 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Pretty sure the average time for a 9 inning game is around 3:15 so I’m thinking 8:30 start for us 

half our fans are gonna be passed out and for the other half, it is past their bedtime.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Radar shows weather moving into town from the west where I live (approx. 30 miles), and I think it will be a small miracle if they get through the first game without at least one lightning delay. Pretty good buildup over towards Johnson City right now...hope I’m wrong, but still gonna be a late night no matter what.
Loser gonna have to ready early Sunday too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:
How does an hours long weather delay affect their fucking programming schedule?

TV and the NCAA set start times....
Give the local sites some leeway to change start times and you can get games in (or at least start) between storm cells.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

TV and the NCAA set start times....
Give the local sites some leeway to change start times and you can get games in (or at least start) between storm cells.

Well my point was that if there’s heavy rain or lightning, they aren’t playing in their scheduled window anyway so why not work to get games played when you know there’s good enough weather?  Especially when it’s all on espn+ and not a channel?

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

this reminds of a friend who we used to go to baseball games with but he wasn't really a fan.  we'd get to the 7th inning and his mantra was "any out's a good out"

I think plenty of actual baseball fans have felt that way at a game they've been at at somepoint. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well my point was that if there’s heavy rain or lightning, they aren’t playing in their scheduled window anyway so why not work to get games played when you know there’s good enough weather?  Especially when it’s all on espn+ and not a channel?

That's what I meant also by my posts. TV and their money stream ruins a lot of common sense.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this reminds of a friend who we used to go to baseball games with but he wasn't really a fan.  we'd get to the 7th inning and his mantra was "any out's a good out"

Let me guess, he loves soccer? Or fucking lacrosse!?!? I don’t particularly care for this pal of yours 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1