Mark Richt Has Parkinson’s Disease

US183

I've always wanted to dislike that dude.  I'm not sure why.
Now I feel like a fuckhead.
Come on science!  Do your thing!!!

If you listen to interviews of him from mark packer you wouldn’t hate him. He’s a good man. I’d let my kid play for his team for sure.
  • Hook 'Em 1

He's a really nice guy.  CSB coming in.

Several years ago, I was in Asheville, NC for one of my daughter's soccer tourneys.  That night, the team chose Outback Steakhouse for the team meal.  I ended up at the bar because ESPN was televising one of Malcolm Brown's (the RB) high school games that night.  I believe he had already committed to Texas by that time, hence my desire to watch the game.  One of the other guys at the bar asks me who the RB is.  Start talking to him about recruiting, Texas, etc... Turns out it's Mark Richt.  He was there on a recruiting visit himself.  In retrospect, there's no way he didn't know who Malcolm Brown was.  Perhaps he was just being nice by asking me.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That sucks.

I got to meet him at the Georgia team hotel back before the 2002 UGA/Florida game.  I have a really good friend whose father is well connected to the program and even has a building named after him.

He was able to get me and my buddy (who graduated from UGA) about 5 minutes with him the morning of the game.  He was a really nice dude, very gracious w/ his time and, after finding out I graduated from UT, extremely complimentary of the Texas program.  Sorry to hear this. 

As an aside, I went to the previous year to the UGA/Auburn game, as a guest of his dad.  We stayed at his family home.  The morning of the game, I was walking through their foyer, the door opens and in walked Vince Dooley.  He asked me where my buddy's dad was, and then proceeded to stand there an chat w/ me for a few minutes.  Cool dude, as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I always wanted him to break through at some point because I always thought he was less annoying than his other SEC counterparts but then when Kirby Smart took over he basically has kept the same trajectory going it may have been a taller task than I originally envisioned.

I was definitely surprised by his retirement in 2018 but now things obviously make a lot more sense.

Best of luck to him and his family parkinsons is probably the #2 disease I'd least like to get just behind ALS :(

20 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Parkinson's sucks, but in the buffet of Neurologic diseases to get, it has a plethora of symptomatic treatments and often can be a slow slow slow progression. Here's to hoping he developed that subset.

what

25 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

what

I'd much rather have Parkinson's Disease than Alzheimer's, Lewy Body, ALS, Huntington's Disease, Frontotemporal Dementia, Jakob Creutzfeldt, Pseudobulbar Palsy, Glioblastoma, a Stroke.

It sucks, but often you can go on living a relatively normal life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

That sucks.
I got to meet him at the Georgia team hotel back before the 2002 UGA/Florida game. 
He was able to get me and my buddy (who graduated from UGA) about 5 minutes with him the morning of the game.  The morning of the game, I was walking through their foyer, the door opens and in walked Vince Dooley.  He asked me where my buddy's dad was, and then proceeded to stand there an chat w/ me for a few minutes.  Cool dude, as well. 

That game was a Gator win - and the then #5 Leg Humpers only loss that season. Kept UGA and Helen Hunt from a shot at a natty their 13-1 year.

Fuck them. And fuck Vince Dooley and all things Georgia. {spit}

Just now, Gatorubet said:

That game was a Gator win - and the then #5 Leg Humpers only loss that season. Kept UGA and Helen Hunt from a shot at a natty their 13-0 year.

Fuck them. And fuck Vince Dooley and all things Georgia. {spit}

Yeah, they lost the Auburn game I attended, too.

Haven’t been asked to another UGA game.😎

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The morning of the game, I was walking through their foyer, the door opens and in walked Vince Dooley.  He asked me where my buddy's dad was, and then proceeded to stand there an chat w/ me for a few minutes.  Cool dude, as well. 

And you didn’t punch him in the nuts for the ‘84 Cotton Bowl?

14 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

And you didn’t punch him in the nuts for the ‘84 Cotton Bowl?

Wouldn't have been the right nuts to punch. Those belonged to one Fred Akers for 1) not starting Rob Moerschell at QB (in fact, making that decision right before the offense took the field for its first possession) and 2) that fatal 4th down decision in the 4th quarter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Wouldn't have been the right nuts to punch. Those belonged to one Fred Akers for 1) not starting Rob Moerschell at QB (in fact, making that decision right before the offense took the field for its first possession) and 2) that fatal 4th down decision in the 4th quarter. 

Truthfully, what cost us that MNC was Edwin Simmons’ congenitally defective knees.

Leaving the defense on the field for 4th and 25 was idiotic, especially without specific instructions for anyone not named Jitter to run away from any punted ball. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Jeff Ward.

• Rage+1 2