Ames, IA

Whatever

My oldest son turns 9 in September and for his present he wants to go to the game in Ames on 11/6. It’ll be just the 2 of us, and we are road-tripping so we can stop and set foot in all the states we possibly can both ways of the trip. He has a goal of visiting all 50 states as well as all Big 12 stadiums and it’s my job as a Dad to get him started.

We went to Amon Carter in ‘19 and were planning to go to Manhattan last year but you know how that turned out.

The plan is to leave Mckinney Thursday after school and get to Tulsa, stay the night and drive to Ames on Friday. We’d like to squeeze in a round of golf Friday afternoon or Saturday morning (if it’s a night game).

Anyway, I’m seeking advice on a good golf course that’s kid friendly (kid isn’t great but knows what he’s doing on the course), bars, restaurants and any other cool historic/museum type shit we can try to fit in. He and I share a love of UT sports, golf, geography, history and a fascination with tornadoes.

Whatcha got? Paging @All_4_ISU.

Gracias.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Don't know much about Ames but Tulsa is beautiful and fun-sized. You can grab a good breakfast at Dilly Dinner and check out the art deco skyscrapers/churches in the morning on your way out of town.

Dilly Dinner is legit. My daughter had a cheer competition there last year and cruised over one morning for brunch. It was great food.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I took my wife and son to the 2015 game up there. We stopped at the John Wayne Museum in Winterset, IA (his birthplace) and it was well worth it. We all loved it. We also stopped and saw some of the actual covered bridges from the film The Bridges of Madison County. That was pretty cool too. Not too far from Winterset. The game itself sucked ass. I said on another thread that I seriously don’t think we crossed the 50 yard line that night. It was Halloween night and the fans were good and liquored up. 95% of the ISU fans were pretty damn nice and hospitable. The rest…I wanted to punch their lights out. I really liked Ames and I’m one of those weird ones that thinks that part of the country is beautiful. I think you’ll really enjoy that trip. I’m thinking about going again this year. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Whatever said:

My oldest son turns 9 in September and for his present he wants to go to the game in Ames on 11/6. It’ll be just the 2 of us and we are road-tripping  ...  I’m seeking advice on a good golf course that’s kid friendly (kid isn’t great but knows what he’s doing on the course), bars, restaurants and any other cool historic/museum type shit we can try to fit in. He and I share a love of UT sports, golf, geography, history and a fascination with tornadoes.

Whatcha got? Paging @All_4_ISU.

Gracias.

Breaking him in right... 😋

image.png.ed9a0d2071f06cf64d17e3e607508881.png

image.png.2a3043a085ad43b65e86f69ece1eedd9.png 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Tulsa is beautiful

I feel this should have an asterisk next to it. PARTS of Tulsa are beautiful. The majority of it is a shit hole with vagrants and meth heads constantly begging for money or being twacked out of their minds and rambling incoherently in your general direction. 

Spot on with the architecture stuff though. There are some beautiful buildings in the downtown area.  

• Like 2

Just now, ImissWallyPryor said:

This might involve some doubling back, but I think I have your route mapped. 
628-DC808-2-D7-F-455-B-9-E3-C-75-A584877

I actually know the guy who held the Guinness World Record for driving through the lower 48, and touching every state,  in the shortest amount of time for a while.  Rented a car for the weekend with unlimited mileage.

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Ames with Kids isn't something I'm super familiar with, as we didn't go there that often when I was a kid (being as my dad farmed) but I'll give it a shot.

Golf courses: 

-Homewood is the muni course.  Very reasonably priced, very family friendly.  Also popular with drunk college kids due to low cost. 

-Veenker is the University of course.  I'm not a big golfer, and I love the Venk. 

-Coldwater is a links course that's right next to the Jack Trice tailgating area.  It's pretty highly regarded by golfers in the area and would make for a solid pre-game round on Saturday.

Bars (keeping this to places I would take a kid): 

-I don't know their kid policy, but Welch Ave Station in Campustown is in the basement of Pizza Pit, which is definitely kid friendly.  It's a venerable ISU sports bar that's been around forever, has great memorabilia on the wall, games on TV, good beer selection, and you can order in from Pizza Pit (get the Inferno Wings - pure deep fried deliciousness).

-Es Tas is a Campustown sports bar as well.  It's tacos, while not authentic Mexican clearly, are fucking delicious.  They also have great fried cheese curds.  Whole menu is solid, but these are my favorites.  They have a very good beer list.

-West Towne Pub:  if you're staying out in west Ames, this is a solid neighborhood option.  They do nothing exceptionally well, but everything is good.

Ames bars just aren't really that kid friendly in general.  It's mostly wildly drunk college kids and/or alumni recreating their college years for a day.  If you want more bar recs, I can pass them on, but these are legitimately about the only bars I could think of off the top of my head that I'd be fine taking a kid to.

Breweries (all kid friendly):

-Alluvial is the premiere brewery in Ames, and legitimately one of the Top 5 or 10 in Iowa, which you may scoff at, but we legitimately punch above our weight on beer.  It's located on the north edge of town and has a beautiful taproom that sets on the edge of 40 acres of restored native prairie.  It's a really beautiful and uniquely Iowan setting, and their beer is fantastic.

-Torrent is located in downtown Ames (a completely different neighborhood) from Campustown.  It's not an elite brewery, but it's got a fun tap room with lots of games that will keep a kid having a good time, and their beer is in the good-to-very good range.

Restaurants:

-Hickory Park.  I would almost never recommend this to anyone, but kids love it.  It's an iconic Ames spot that people used to call BBQ before they actually had BBQ.  It's main draw is having very reasonably priced decent food (their idea of BBQ is limited to ribs and smoked chicken, both are ok, but not worth your time).  The burgers are actually pretty good here, and the real draw for the kids is an extensive ice cream menu and the old school ice cream parlor within the place.  I avoid it because the food is just decent at best, it doesn't have a full bar, and it's just got a bit of a cattle shed vibe to the waiting room and seating.  Other people are going to tell you to go here, and they're going to rave about it because they don't know better.  I just want you making an informed decision.

-Jethro's.  Across the road from Hickory Park.  Calls itself BBQ.  Don't order off the BBQ menu, it's very average.  Everything else (extensive salad, burger, sandwich, etc menu) is quite good, and their wings are exceptional.  Usually has a good beer selection, good mixed drinks, tons of games on, and is generally a fun atmosphere.  Their apps and sides are great and seem to go over well with kids.

-Cornbred.  Legit BBQ based menu.  Kind of a higher end menu overall, excellent local beer selection, nice bar, family friendly, and cool downtown location in the old depot building right in downtown Ames.  Wife and I hit this place up nearly every visit to Ames.  Even a Texan will enjoy this meal.

-Cafe Beaudelaire.  Brazilian place in Campustown.  Unique menu with some excellent burger options.  The Long Islands are legendary.  They've won Iowa's best burger before.  For good reason.

-Brick City.  Standard American fare, good beer list, nice/newer part of town north of Campus.  They've also won Iowa's best burger before.  For good reason.

-Great Plains Sauce & Dough.  Pizza joint downtown.  It was never my favorite, but most ISUers absolutely love it.  It's an iconic local spot and everyone dips the wheat crust in honey.

-Grove Cafe.  Old school breakfast joint downtown.

-West Street Deli.  Neighborhood sandwich joint in West Ames.  I lived 2 blocks from here my last year in Ames and probably survived because of it.  Damn delicious, perfect for lunch.

Stuff to check out:

-Reiman Gardens:  beautiful botanical garden adjacent to Jack Trice.  Big hit with the kids, and just a really cool place in general.  Worth your time to wander around and take it.

-Central Campus:  Iowa State's campus is absolutely gorgeous.  The central part in particular has a park-like feel with the large open lawn and campanile between 2 of the older buildings on campus.  The south end is framed by the Memorial Union and Lake LaVerne.  Go hassle the swans.  You will be behind peak leaf season, but early November is still usually fantastic weather.  The Jack Trice statue and memorial are here.  Very worth your time.  The Memorial Union is kind of an ISU museum/gathering space.  Kick around there a bit.

-Tornado simulator:  Exactly what it sounds like.  The tornado simulator is located on campus in Howe Hall.  Apparently you can make an appointment to see it.  "Access is by appointment only. Call (515) 294-5666 or email aere-info@iastate.edu." per websit

-Tailgating.  Our tailgating scene is awesome.  Just wander around.  People will feed you and give you alcohol.  There might be a couple of "horns down" but it will almost assuredly be in jest.  We generally have no beef with Texas.

-Ledges State Park:  about 15 miles west of town, Ledges is situated around a canyon that dumps into the Des Moines river.  Lots of beautiful sandstone bluffs and small streams.  It's a great place to go for a hike and explore.

This is what I'd suggest for doing with kids in tow.  

Any school-related advice? Taking oldest there for college visit soon.

10 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

I feel this should have an asterisk next to it. PARTS of Tulsa are beautiful. The majority of it is a shit hole with vagrants and meth heads constantly begging for money or being twacked out of their minds and rambling incoherently in your general direction. 

Thats the parts I know best being I see customers in industrial distribution.  Tulsa Country Club is an unbelievably awesome course, but it is in the middle of a shitty area. (No you probably wouldnt want to take your kid there, OP, even if you can get on).

• Like 2

Just now, Harrison Bergeron said:

Any school-related advice? Taking oldest there for college visit soon.

Dorms and stuff have changed so much since my time there.  I lived in Larch Hall for two years and had an absolute blast. 

-Treat school like a 9 to 5, and you'll be able to have a lot of fun in the margins.

-Take advantage of your meal plan.  Dorm food ain't bad.

-If you're gonna screw the chicks in your dorm first semester, prepare for an awkward second semester.

-Don't drive drunk.  Seriously.  It's stupid easy to use public transportation in Ames and they have Uber/Lyft nowadays.  The roads are kind of goofy, funnel you in to multiple pinch points, and make it issuing OWIs super easy for cops.

-When you move off campus, if you're going to exceed walking distance from the university, research the public transit schedule.  Don't live on the edge of town and have to drive yourself into Campustown/onto campus as parking blows during the school day.

-Learn the roads less traveled in Ames.  Lincoln Way and Duff are traffic nightmares.  Thankfully, there are lesser known routes to bypass them.  Study the Ames map and commit these to memory ASAP.

-Spit on people who wear Iowa gear.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

-Cornbred.  Legit BBQ based menu.  Kind of a higher end menu overall, excellent local beer selection, nice bar, family friendly, and cool downtown location in the old depot building right in downtown Ames.  Wife and I hit this place up nearly every visit to Ames.  Even a Texan will enjoy this meal.

We ate there two years ago. There were almost as many Texas fans as ISU fans. It was pretty good meat with some unique twists to the menu, including sides. The “pit master” came to our table to chat. Turns out he’s aggy (think he actually attended) and from the same area of SA as me. He apologized ahead of time for the meat being drenched in BBQ sauce. Ownership dictates that over his preference of serving sauce on the side. So, if you don’t want sauce, you have to order it that way.

• Like 1

As a side note to your comment about the weather, it would be nice if your stadium staff did a complete job of clearing snow. Last time, they had 2 days (IIRC) to clear it, but they just pushed the snow up against the walls at the end of the rows. Not only did we have snow to stand on in the lower deck, but there was a constant drip of melting snow from the upper deck. Fortunately, we had a member of our party cancel, so we let the water drip on his empty seat. 

/end of bitch rant

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

10 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I actually know the guy who held the Guinness World Record for driving through the lower 48, and touching every state,  in the shortest amount of time for a while.  Rented a car for the weekend with unlimited mileage.

I had the good fortune to complete some epic road trips back in my teens and 20's.  10-15 states at a time.  But not about speed, I was never that guy.  However, these "touch all the states" and Cannonball run and one ocean to the other in the shortest time, etc.  Those things fascinate me because it's not just about the speed obviously.  It's the logistics and route and changing course on the run due to weather or traffic or time of day.  If you can on another thread post that guy's route, we'd love it.  

I got hooked on that shit about 30 years ago when I helped my cousin and his two law school roommates plan a route to see a baseball game in every single MLB ballpark in America.  Laying the schedule on top of the route was the hard part.  We found a way though, but it was 10 days more than they had to complete it for budget reasons.  They still saw something like 20 games in 30 days including a Cubs/White Sox double-header.  Went to a Brewers game the next day before heading off for Minnesota, my mom had to come get me.  

Anyway, back to Dallas to Ames.  Not sure if you guys will have time for fishing, but there's some decent spots along your way in Missouri and Iowa.  But not much.  

If you want to repent for your lavish lifestyle---Leoni, IA has a substantial Amish population.  I don't know how they get marooned there, but they live the typical Amish lifestyle and are happy to have you into their community and businesses to see how they live.  May as well get off there and eat  before the final few hour push to Ames.  It's interesting to see and you don't have to go all the way to Pennsylvania to see it.  

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Ames with Kids isn't something I'm super familiar with, as we didn't go there that often when I was a kid (being as my dad farmed) but I'll give it a shot.

Golf courses: 

-Homewood is the muni course.  Very reasonably priced, very family friendly.  Also popular with drunk college kids due to low cost. 

-Veenker is the University course.  I'm not a big golfer, and I love the Venk. 

-Coldwater is a links course that's right next to the Jack Trice tailgating area.  It's pretty highly regarded by golfers in the area and would make for a solid pre-game round on Saturday.

-I don't know their kid policy, but Welch Ave Station in Campustown is in the basement of Pizza Pit, which is definitely kid friendly.  It's a venerable ISU sports bar that's been around forever, has great memorabilia on the wall, games on TV, good beer selection, and you can order in from Pizza Pit (get the Inferno Wings - pure deep fried deliciousness).

-Es Tas is a Campustown sports bar as well.  It's tacos, while not authentic Mexican clearly, are fucking delicious.  They also have great fried cheese curds.  Whole menu is solid, but these are my favorites.  They have a very good beer list.

-West Towne Pub:  if you're staying out in west Ames, this is a solid neighborhood option.  They do nothing exceptionally well, but everything is good.

Ames bars just aren't really that kid friendly in general.  It's mostly wildly drunk college kids and/or alumni recreating their college years for a day.  If you want more bar recs, I can pass them on, but these are legitimately about the only bars I could think of off the top of my head that I'd be fine taking a kid to.

-Alluvial is the premiere brewery in Ames, and legitimately one of the Top 5 or 10 in Iowa, which you may scoff at, but we legitimately punch above our weight on beer.  It's located on the north edge of town and has a beautiful taproom that sets on the edge of 40 acres of restored native prairie.  It's a really beautiful and uniquely Iowan setting, and their beer is fantastic.

-Torrent is located in downtown Ames (a completely different neighborhood) from Campustown.  It's not an elite brewery, but it's got a fun tap room with lots of games that will keep a kid having a good time, and their beer is in the good-to-very good range.

Restaurants:

-Hickory Park.  I would almost never recommend this to anyone, but kids love it.  It's an iconic Ames spot that people used to call BBQ before they actually had BBQ.  It's main draw is having very reasonably priced decent food (their idea of BBQ is limited to ribs and smoked chicken, both are ok, but not worth your time).  The burgers are actually pretty good here, and the real draw for the kids is an extensive ice cream menu and the old school ice cream parlor within the place.  I avoid it because the food is just decent at best, it doesn't have a full bar, and it's just got a bit of a cattle shed vibe to the waiting room and seating.  Other people are going to tell you to go here, and they're going to rave about it because they don't know better.  I just want you making an informed decision.

-Jethro's.  Across the road from Hickory Park.  Calls itself BBQ.  Don't order off the BBQ menu, it's very average.  Everything else (extensive salad, burger, sandwich, etc menu) is quite good, and their wings are exceptional.  Usually has a good beer selection, good mixed drinks, tons of games on, and is generally a fun atmosphere.  Their apps and sides are great and seem to go over well with kids.

-Cafe Beaudelaire.  Brazilian place in Campustown.  Unique menu with some excellent burger options.  The Long Islands are legendary.  They've won Iowa's best burger before.  For good reason.

-Brick City.  Standard American fare, good beer list, nice/newer part of town north of Campus.  They've also won Iowa's best burger before.  For good reason.

-Great Plains Sauce & Dough.  Pizza joint downtown.  It was never my favorite, but most ISUers absolutely love it.  It's an iconic local spot and everyone dips the wheat crust in honey.

-West Street Deli.  Neighborhood sandwich joint in West Ames.  I lived 2 blocks from here my last year in Ames and probably survived because of it.  Damn delicious, perfect for lunch.

Stuff to check out:

-Reiman Gardens:  beautiful botanical garden adjacent to Jack Trice.  Big hit with the kids, and just a really cool place in general.  Worth your time to wander around and take in.

-Central Campus:  Iowa State's campus is absolutely gorgeous.  The central part in particular has a park-like feel with the large open lawn and campanile between 2 of the older buildings on campus.  The south end is framed by the Memorial Union and Lake LaVerne.  Go hassle the swans.  You will be behind peak leaf season, but early November is still usually fantastic weather.  The Jack Trice statue and memorial are here.  Very worth your time.  The Memorial Union is kind of an ISU museum/gathering space.  Kick around there a bit.

-Tornado simulator:  Exactly what it sounds like.  The tornado simulator is located on campus in Howe Hall.  Apparently you can make an appointment to see it.  "Access is by appointment only. Call (515) 294-5666 or email aere-info@iastate.edu." per websit

-Tailgating.  Our tailgating scene is awesome.  Just wander around.  People will feed you and give you alcohol.  There might be a couple of "horns down" but it will almost assuredly be in jest.  We generally have no beef with Texas.

-Ledges State Park:  about 15 miles west of town, Ledges is situated around a canyon that dumps into the Des Moines river.  Lots of beautiful sandstone bluffs and small streams.  It's a great place to go for a hike and explore.

I didn't go to school at ISU, and I'm not from there, but I spend an inordinate amount of time in Ames. I'd say, in general, you're better off spending time in the Des Moines and Ankeny areas, but if you must . . . 

Hickory Park is fucking awful - don't eat there. Same for Jethro's. I haven't been to Cornbred, but there's a little place in a town called Luther about 30 minutes outside of Ames called Whatcha Smokin' that's pretty legit BBQ.

Brick City does have good hamburgers.

Best restaurant in town is Provisions Lot F, hands down. There are very few good restaurants in Ames and there are much better choices in Des Moines or even Ankeny.

Iowa has a surprising number of good craft breweries. If you're going to drink anything, get something from Toppling Goliath.

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I had the good fortune to complete some epic road trips back in my teens and 20's.  10-15 states at a time.  But not about speed, I was never that guy.  However, these "touch all the states" and Cannonball run and one ocean to the other in the shortest time, etc.  Those things fascinate me because it's not just about the speed obviously.  It's the logistics and route and changing course on the run due to weather or traffic or time of day.  If you can on another thread post that guy's route, we'd love it.  

I got hooked on that shit about 30 years ago when I helped my cousin and his two law school roommates plan a route to see a baseball game in every single MLB ballpark in America.  Laying the schedule on top of the route was the hard part.  We found a way though, but it was 10 days more than they had to complete it for budget reasons.  They still saw something like 20 games in 30 days including a Cubs/White Sox double-header.  Went to a Brewers game the next day before heading off for Minnesota, my mom had to come get me.  

Anyway, back to Dallas to Ames.  Not sure if you guys will have time for fishing, but there's some decent spots along your way in Missouri and Iowa.  But not much.  

If you want to repent for your lavish lifestyle---Leoni, IA has a substantial Amish population.  I don't know how they get marooned there, but they live the typical Amish lifestyle and are happy to have you into their community and businesses to see how they live.  May as well get off there and eat  before the final few hour push to Ames.  It's interesting to see and you don't have to go all the way to Pennsylvania to see it.  

He and a friend did it in the 90’s, so I don’t think it is something I can post a link to.  Rand McNally was their navigation system.  I believe they held the record for 10 or 15 years.

Sounds like you're just driving through Tulsa, so I'd second the above that you take the kid to the Gathering Place on Friday morning. It really is an incredible place and free. Lots of midtown moms in yoga pants on Friday mornings too (so I've heard). Dilly Diner is a good breakfast suggestion. My favorite breakfast downtown is Chimera or Doubleshot (both coffees are amazing too). If you stick around for lunch, the best BBQ in Tulsa is happening from trucks. Tulsa Brisket Company on 11th street, 1907 BBQ at Cabin Boys Brewery (American Solera is also there, best brewery in town, and 1907 also does Texas beef rib and barbacoa from time to time), and Killer Wail BBQ which I understand is run by a former Austin BBQer, they're usually at Heirloom Rustic Ales. If you're here in time for dinner on Thursday, I'd suggest McNellies which has a new outdoor area, or Elgin Park by the baseball stadium, great pizza, house made beers. If you need any more Tulsa recs, I got plenty.  

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

I'm guessing if they're the road trip nerds I am, they marked their route on an atlas/fold-out map and kept it.  Maybe he can take a photo of it.  

I still have most of the maps I used from '90-'05 for myriad trips.  One of them even includes a trek through Des Moines/Ames back in 1993.  On a run to Albert Lea, MN on our way back to LaCrosse, WI to shower and spend the night for free.  Iowa must have had really nice roads because it was still late Winter and we made insane time from Des Moines to Albert Lea, MN.  Probably shouldn't show that to my kids.  /csb

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There are also the Amana Colonies near Iowa City. A guy I worked with took me to one of their family style restaurants 30+ years ago while on a business trip. It was similar to Salt Lick in that they keep bringing you platters and bowls of food, but just about everything from pork chops to cottage cheese to pies is grown/raised/produced by the Colonies. It was a gorge-fest. Amana Refrigeration was also started there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm guessing if they're the road trip nerds I am, they marked their route on an atlas/fold-out map and kept it.  Maybe he can take a photo of it.  

I still have most of the maps I used from '90-'05 for myriad trips.  One of them even includes a trek through Des Moines/Ames back in 1993.  On a run to Albert Lea, MN on our way back to LaCrosse, WI to shower and spend the night for free.  Iowa must have had really nice roads because it was still late Winter and we made insane time from Des Moines to Albert Lea, MN.  Probably shouldn't show that to my kids.  /csb

I haven’t seen him in 15-20 years, but it would appear they reclaimed the title.  No idea if they still hold it.

http://48in96.blogspot.com

I didn't go to school at ISU, and I'm not from there, but I spend an inordinate amount of time in Ames. I'd say, in general, you're better off spending time in the Des Moines and Ankeny areas, but if you must . . . 

Hickory Park is fucking awful - don't eat there. Same for Jethro's. I haven't been to Cornbred, but there's a little place in a town called Luther about 30 minutes outside of Ames called Whatcha Smokin' that's pretty legit BBQ.
Brick City does have good hamburgers.
Best restaurant in town is Provisions Lot F, hands down. There are very few good restaurants in Ames and there are much better choices in Des Moines or even Ankeny.
Iowa has a surprising number of good craft breweries. If you're going to drink anything, get something from Toppling Goliath.

And this would be the standard basic Ames take. If I was sent there post college from a city dweller background I’d probably feel the same.

This may surprise you guys that a city with 800K in its metro has more amenities than a quaint college town with 70K.

Have heard great things about Provisions and Whatcha Smokin’.

Des Moines is awesome and has far more to offer but I’d recommend anyone going to Jack Trice to do the Ames thing. You get a much stronger read and appreciation for ISU.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Toppling Goliath makes great beer, but there’s a lot more to Iowa beer than them.

Which is why I said that Iowa has a surprising number of good craft breweries. Did a pub crawl through downtown Des Moines a couple of years ago and finished at the Iowa Tap Room. Every handle in this pic is local Iowa beer.

49 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Des Moines is awesome and has far more to offer but I’d recommend anyone going to Jack Trice to do the Ames thing. You get a much stronger read and appreciation for ISU.

I attended the Texas game at Jack Trice in 2019 with several of the hundreds of ISU grads that I work with. Despite the loss, it was a good time for sure.

IMG_0406.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Sex Drive Movie Review

• Like 1

Start drinking at Dallas on the way there. Stop drinking about St. Louis on the way back.
Its never too early to toss your son the keys. Talk to your son about manhood, etc.
This is more about bonding than it is the game.
Use the guide below.

Roadmap

What’s the website to your newsletter?

Golf courses: 
-Veenker is the University course.  I'm not a big golfer, and I love the Venk. 
Restaurants:
Stuff to check out:
-Reiman Gardens:  beautiful botanical garden adjacent to Jack Trice.  Big hit with the kids, and just a really cool place in general.  Worth your time to wander around and take in.

Bringin’ the heat. Thank you good sir.
  • Hook 'Em 1

This seems almost impossible to do in a weekend. Thousands of miles going, zig zagging just to drive into every state? Weather conditions , fuel stops, I suppose he shit and pissed himself and didn’t sleep at all? Just to travel the lengths of Montana and Texas is 10+ hrs each west to east without even touching upper Midwest, SE, Great Lakes and NE

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This seems almost impossible to do in a weekend. Thousands of miles going, zig zagging just to drive into every state? Weather conditions , fuel stops, I suppose he shit and pissed himself and didn’t sleep at all? Just to travel the lengths of Montana and Texas is 10+ hrs each west to east without even touching upper Midwest, SE, Great Lakes and NE

Long weekend.  96 hours.  They took turns sleeping.

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I actually know the guy who held the Guinness World Record for driving through the lower 48, and touching every state,  in the shortest amount of time for a while.  Rented a car for the weekend with unlimited mileage

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a37010690/48-state-driving-record-broken-86-hours-19-minutes/

Edited by DaggerHorns