Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

10 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Ya'll keep bringing up "no visit policy"; it's sort of like a straw man, and if it makes ya'll feel great to beat up on the straw man, have at it. Great that you got Leal on campus. You've tried hard to get Richardson on campus. 

It's hard to disprove a negative.  Horns blogosphere insists there is/was a no visit policy; since there isn't one, but you can't provide a proof for a negative, then you're always put on the defensive.  It's actually not a bad coping mechanism. ;)

An aggy teaching us about recruiting, facts, and the internet is awesome since aggy recruiting is definitely a no spin zone. 

Thank you for setting me straight about Jimbo! Much appreciated!

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Would love to see it happen54b8478c5295d7a1937ac6c6d3626097.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

see what happen? all these things, or specially just the Grant Gunnell thing?  Since he apparently might pull a couple other big Longhorn targets towards Ohio State if he were to end up there (but not so much to Arizona)?

And what's with all the dang alliterative names?!

Darrell Dickey

Grant Gunnell

Kliff Kingsbury

Maverick McIvor

Alliterationpalooza...

4 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

see what happen? all these things, or specially just the Grant Gunnell thing?  Since he apparently might pull a couple other big Longhorn targets towards Ohio State if he were to end up there (but not so much to Arizona)?

And what's with all the dang alliterative names?!

Darrell Dickey

Grant Gunnell

Kliff Kingsbury

Maverick McIvor

Alliterationpalooza...

Gunnell to Arizona would be ideal, but I'm going to need to see that from a site other than TexAgs to believe it.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Gunnell to Arizona would be ideal, but I'm going to need to see that from a site other than TexAgs to believe it.

Gunnell info has been all over the place. I'd be curious to see the depth chart breakdown from his list of schools, I bet he goes to the path of least resistance towards starting as a true freshman 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Add Maverick to Arkie and that would be ideal. If we can't have Maverick, I  do not want to cheer against him but that'll happen if he goes to tech.

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Gunnell info has been all over the place. I'd be curious to see the depth chart breakdown from his list of schools, I bet he goes to the path of least resistance towards starting as a true freshman 

Not to cast aspersions on the kid, but that sounds like a Kyle Allen version 2.0. I mean, depth chart is everyone's consideration... even Jalen Hurts is thinking of transferring if he doesn't get to start.

But isn't there anything more that ought to go in that decision, and shouldn't the decision stick all things being the same?

Speaking of Kyle Allen, he skipped his last year of eligibility and signed with Carolina... again likely backing up Cam Newton at least for first few years.  Going from a high school record breaker, he basically ended up spending more time bouncing around and sitting on the bench than playing.

https://catcrave.com/2018/05/03/carolina-panthers-kyle-allen-bridge-future/

19 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Speaking of Kyle Allen, he skipped his last year of eligibility and signed with Carolina... again likely backing up Cam Newton at least for first few years.  Going from a high school record breaker, he basically ended up spending more time bouncing around and sitting on the bench than playing.

Just a reminder how stupid decisions when we're 18 can haunt us long into adulthood.

22 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Not to cast aspersions on the kid, but that sounds like a Kyle Allen version 2.0. I mean, depth chart is everyone's consideration... even Jalen Hurts is thinking of transferring if he doesn't get to start.

But isn't there anything more that ought to go in that decision, and shouldn't the decision stick all things being the same?

Yea basically don't go to aggy like allen and you might have a shot. Sounds like Gunnell is making the wise choice by not going to the tackle box where dreams go to die.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Just a reminder how stupid decisions when we're 18 can haunt us long into adulthood.

more pertinently for him, he seems to keep making stupid decisions. It's his repeated jumping around... feels like a pattern, and his college career stats certainly didn't get help from all that moving around.

then again, he's a signed player in the NFL, getting paid big bucks to be a backup. so, better than most people do on sports forums...

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea basically don't go to aggy like allen and you might have a shot. Sounds like Gunnell is making the wise choice by not going to the tackle box where dreams go to die.

got a hot girlfriend while at A&M. rode the pine at UH, got benched by a backup the following year. now skipping final year of eligibility in order to be a backup at Caroline.

may be  the point is, make one decision and stick with it.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

He was definitely behind Sterns, Foster, Overshown, and Vongor, imo. Maybe some others too like Christian Morgan and Cam Jones. 

Oddly enough, Clemson actually did want him late and were pushing for him. Bama thought about bringing him in for an OV late and it ended up not happening. Aggies will tell you it was because he decided not to, while Bama mods would laugh at thiat. 

I am in no way connected, but a friend who attended Clemson believes they wanted to spin Leon down.

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Dco8vKgU0AAnWBv.jpgDco84feVAAE5MGo.jpg

This person is wrong about Jimbo. I have a good friend that told me his uncles' son was recruited by Jimbo in 2015. He verbally committed and was preparing to set up an announcement for signing day.

He drove to FSU on his own dime to speak with Jimbo a week before signing day and visit the campus. I'm told Jimbo wouldn't even talk to him because he had a full schedule that day and that he was to never approach him without talking to his assistant first to make sure it's ok to go to his office.

On his way out, he saw some ex Seminoles eating at McDonalds and they ALL warned him about Jimbo. They said he is not the same man that recruited him and that he doesn't care about his players.

He drove the very next morning to Clemson and committed to Dabo. He signed with Clemson on NSD. The rest is history.

Edited by BurntOrangeCrush
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Is it necessary to paste a screen shot of every stupid thing an aggy posts on a rival board? I already know those yokels are dumbshits. I don’t visit their boards for a reason. Let’s not turn the aggy recruiting thread into a greatest hits of aggy stupidity.

That actually might merit its own thread, however.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Is it necessary to paste a screen shot of every stupid thing an aggy posts on a rival board? I already know those yokels are dumbshits. I don’t visit their boards for a reason. Let’s not turn the aggy recruiting thread into a greatest hits of aggy stupidity.

Spoiler tags are for winners. Also just having a Twitter and following LHF.

Spoiler tags are for winners. Also just having a Twitter and following LHF.

Spoiler tags often have actual recruiting news. I’m not saying “aggy says something stupid” isn’t worthwhile. It merits its own thread. But it should be a separate thread.

This person is wrong about Jimbo. I have a good friend that told me his uncles' son was recruited by Jimbo in 2015. He verbally committed and was preparing to set up an announcement for signing day.
He drove to FSU on his own dime to speak with Jimbo a week before signing day and visit the campus. I'm told Jimbo wouldn't even talk to him because he had a full schedule that day and that he was to never approach him without talking to his assistant first to make sure it's ok to go to his office.
On his way out, he saw some ex Seminoles eating at McDonalds and they ALL warned him about Jimbo. They said he is not the same man that recruited him and that he doesn't care about his players.
He drove the very next morning to Clemson and committed to Dabo. He signed with Clemson on NSD. The rest is history.

Dude, I have that ver same friend. Weird, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I have been under the impression that's precisely what this thread is, in point of fact.  Did I enter the wrong door?

It still amazes me that A&M is not after grad transfer offensive lineman. 

Our offensive line was absolutely shitty last year in the run game. We finished 90th in adjusted line yards. A&M finished 107th and they are pretty much trotting out the same offensive line. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

10 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

got a hot girlfriend while at A&M. rode the pine at UH, got benched by a backup the following year. now skipping final year of eligibility in order to be a backup at Caroline.

may be  the point is, make one decision and stick with it.

So much bullshit here I don't even know where to start.  Kyle Allen choosing to leave your shit town is not an indicator of Kyle Allen , it's an indicator that your coaching staff completely mismanaged and cluster fucked a quarterback situation.  Normally when a transfer happens, it's your backup that goes - you dumbfucks managed to lose your backup and starter simultaneously.  A feat only you aggy could pull off.

So save me any bullshit about how leaving your cow town is a reflection of Kyle Allen or a fear of the depth chart - it's a reflection of your dipshit coaching staff completely mismanaging a situation and that's it. 

So if you're asking, do you have to stick with one decision when you have lost all faith in the coaching staff, played hurt, been lied to, had promises made behind your back to the Murray group.......then the answer is NO.  Hell No.  You get the fuck out of that dumpster fire.  Something both Murray and Allen did.

11 hours ago, Fud said:

People should go read the quotes from Gunnell after he committed to A&M. Gunnell is really close with Mazzone. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up at Arizona. 

This is the biggest reason why I wanted Mazzone as a QC coach. I think Mazzone on staff in some capacity would have given us a chance with Gunnell. Granted, Herman might be all in on Johnson. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

People should go read the quotes from Gunnell after he committed to A&M. Gunnell is really close with Mazzone. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up at Arizona. 

This is the biggest reason why I wanted Mazzone as a QC coach. I think Mazzone on staff in some capacity would have given us a chance with Gunnell. Granted, Herman might be all in on Johnson. 

You THINK they mght be all in on Johnson? Geeze bud. Theyre definitely all in on Johnson, and I believe Gunnell, while a great player, lacks the wiggle of a guy like Cam rising to run this system the exact way Herman prefers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

You THINK they mght be all in on Johnson? Geeze bud. Theyre definitely all in on Johnson, and I believe Gunnell, while a great player, lacks the wiggle of a guy like Cam rising to run this system the exact way Herman prefers. 

No doubt in reference to Johnson, but Gunnell is a better athlete than he gets credit for. For a kid his size he's a much better athlete than people think. 

Obviously you can't ignore system fit and I hope we got this right because Gunnell is going to pull some recruits wherever he commits. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Jimbo is an asshole who played favorites with a few players. Not sure where that Aggy gets his info but Jimbo is not beloved by most of his former players

• Like 1

No doubt in reference to Johnson, but Gunnell is a better athlete than he gets credit for. For a kid his size he's a much better athlete than people think. 

Obviously you can't ignore system fit and I hope we got this right because Gunnell is going to pull some recruits wherever he commits. 

Aw man we're never going to get Chase Lane now!

Obviously you can't ignore system fit and I hope we got this right because Gunnell is going to pull some recruits wherever he commits

Are you referencing the notorious Gunnell affect?

I can't wait to see how many recruits he pulls

We wouldn't have been allowed to sign Gunnell unless Mazzone was one of the ten assistants 

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Are you referencing the notorious Gunnell affect?

I can't wait to see how many recruits he pulls

The aggys went crazy over the "Gunnell effect" but I don't think there's a doubt he has pull with other recruits. How much pull? Who knows. 

Regardless, I would rather not find out at schools like Ohio State and LSU. 

Arizona seems like the best possible landing spot for us so I hope that's where he ends up. 

33 minutes ago, Fud said:

We wouldn't have been allowed to sign Gunnell unless Mazzone was one of the ten assistants 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/4/12/15267040/ncaa-rule-high-school-coach-recruit-camp-hire

Are you referring to this new NCAA rule? 

This certainly seems like a slippery slope if it's applied to college coaches like Mazzone. What college coach could Herman hire in a QC role that doesn't have relationships with a bunch of recruits? The rule seems fine if applied to high school coaches, but there's going to be all types of problems if it stops coaches from hiring college assistants in support staff roles. This Rivals article hits the nail on the head:

“I’d be surprised if we don’t see a labor lawsuit filed against the NCAA at some point because, look, what happens if my director of player personnel leaves?" Herman said. "If I want to hire, let’s say, Texas Tech’s director of player personnel, I can’t because he has a relationship with thousands of recruits. That would deem those thousands of recruits ineligible to participate at the University of Texas. To say that to a person that is in a support staff role as a career and not allow them upward mobility … to me, you’re talking about federal labor laws now.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/new-ncaa-hiring-rule-has-some-coaches-perplexed?guccounter=1

Edited by texasstrong12