Marshall Thundering Herd 

Harvard Crimson 

Alabama Crimson Tide

Tulane... Green Wave?

Northern Illinois Wolfpack?

Syracuse Orange

Nevada Wolfpack

North Dakota State Bison 

That's what I got off the top of my head... what did I miss?

Cornell Big Red, Dartmouth Big Green, UMass Minutemen, Tulsa Golden Hurricane

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

NC State Wolfpack

Stanford Cardinal (triggered)

North Texas Mean Green

Marshall Thundering Herd 

Harvard Crimson 

Alabama Crimson Tide

Tulane... Green Wave?

Northern Illinois Wolfpack?

Syracuse Orange

Nevada Wolfpack

North Dakota State Bison 

That's what I got off the top of my head... what did I miss?

Irish & Illini

Edited by Blutarski
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah it is - it's D-1 FCS. He also included North Dakota State, which is in the same division.

You’re being pedantic and your next step will be to tell us it is a passion because you attended Columbia and still none of us will give a fuck. The 130 teams that matter and the same across all pro teams is the only time in which that trivia question means shit to anyone. And I know perfectly well what division NDS is in as well, but you knew that. 

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You’re being pedantic and your next step will be to tell us it is a passion because you attended Columbia and still none of us will give a fuck. The 130 teams that matter and the same across all pro teams is the only time in which that trivia question means shit to anyone. And I know perfectly well what division NDS is in as well, but you knew that. 

He asked a silly pedantic question and got a silly pedantic answer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ivy League isn’t fucking D1. We could list out 50 schools if we went below the 130 anyone gives a shit about, alumni excluded. 

Butler made the DIVISION 1 basketball championship game a few years back and Coastal Carolina won the DIVISION 1 College World Series in 2016. If "Division 1" is the classifier being used in this piece of trivia, then it absolutely extends below the "130 anyone gives a shit about"

That being said, the original quote just got me thinking about that piece of trivia and I'd thought it would be a fun exercise. Sorry for the derail. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

How is pointing out that you were just wrong being pedantic? It's not like you were just a technicality away from being right. You were just wrong. The 130 teams that matter is FBS. The other teams in D1 that have a football team are FCS. After that there are the D1 teams without a football team altogether.

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Time to start watching their late moves on guys who suddenly, out of nowhere, really want to commit to ATM. I assume this Tennessee LB is either that or just desperation knowing suddenly that they’re fucked at LB in 2019 in every possible way. 

ILB recruiting depth chart from 247 :: 

Aggy-ILBDepth.png

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Liucci

12:08p

Staff

AG

Per sources: Missouri tight ends coach Joe Jon Finley has accepted the position at A&M on Jimbo Fisher's staff. More to come shortly, but Finley - a native Texan and former OU tight end - is considered a rising star in the profession and was arguably Barry Odom's top recruiter in Columbia.

2016-Present Missouri - Tight Ends 
2015 Baylor – Assistant Director of Football Operations/Offensive Quality Control 
2014 Los Fresnos (TX) High School – Offensive Line/Strength & Conditioning Coordinator 
2012-13 Oklahoma – Offensive Graduate Assistant 
2011 Los Fresnos (TX) High School – Offensive Line 

So Jimbo wanted to replace Brewster who questioned everything he did, with a yesman from DFW. Nailed it. 

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He has pretty good body control. Didn't even rape anyone in that gif.

It cuts off too quick. He had that look in his eye when he rolled over and looked at the pursuit. How do you think he was planning to celebrate?

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

12:50p

Staff

The A&M coaches are back on the road after a weekend in College Station hosting recruits and attending the end of the year football banquet. 

A Houston area source tells me DC Mike Elko is making his rounds in the area with a key stop at Seven Lakes to see priority edge rusher David Ugwoegbu. I've also heard Elko will stop in at CyFair as the Bobcats get ready to take on North Shore in the Regional Finals this weekend. CyFair Head Coach Ed Pustejovsky is an Aggie, and 2021 RB LJ Johnson Jr, who's had a great sophomore campaign, turned heads in College Station at camp last summer. 

I've managed to grab a few more nuggets on Amite (LA) DT Ishmael Sopsher's time in College Station. The key piece here for the Maroon and White is Elijah Robinson. A source close to the situation told me that Sopsher loves being around Robinson, and that relationship is what's keeping the Aggies hanging around. A&M doesn't have the built in advantages that Bama and LSU do here though. There's a small faction of people close to Sopsher that have ties to Alabama, and there's obviously the local pressure for the kid to stay in state with the Tigers. The good news for A&M is that I'm hearing he likely won't sign until February. The Aggies are expected to see him this week and will be at his state final game on the weekend. 

I'm told Bradley Dale Peveto will be in Tennessee to see recent linebacker offer Chris Russell this week. The Aggies will need to get some of these new names popping up at LB on campus fairly soon. Whether it's Russell or the two out of state kids I wrote about yesterday, I'm confident this staff will be able to close this class with a linebacker.

I'm also getting the feeling that signing a linebacker is becoming more of a priority in lieu of where I was last week in thinking that spot may be used on a best available. It sounds to me like this staff is set on adding at least one more pure linebacker. 

The Joe Jon Finley hire is another savvy move by Jimbo Fisher on the recruiting trail. As Looch stated, he was likely Barry Odom's best recruiter on staff at Missouri. He's a native of Arlington so he'll add another strong DFW presence to the staff. The Aggies have cleaned house in Texas this year, and the hire of Finley should only help that trend going forward. 

Lastly, 2020 OL commit Smart Chibuzo visited LSU over the weekend.