How come you taste so good?
Brown sugar
Just like a young girl should
Drums beating, cold English blood runs hot
Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
House boy knows that he's doing alright
You shoulda heard him just around midnight

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Touché, and that is an example of Western bias, but male circumcision has medical benefits, for example male infants with hydronephrosis are medically recommended to have the procedure to lessen the chance of a kidney infection.  Still, it’s true that it’s primarily cosmetic but let’s not act like they are equal.

One out of 500 babies are impacted by this (according to one website).   I am not saying that one isn't worse.  I am only pointing out that we have our own hypocrisy to deal with on this issue.   

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s cosmetic surgery so our dicks don’t look like elephant trunks and gross chicks out. Jesus wanted it that way.

also, worth noting…

the other day my middle daughter had spread her legs and was looking at her vagina and spreading it in front of my oldest and I and my oldest goes “it looks like an octopus mouth” and I don’t really know how to process that.

you're a weird guy, Ace.

-Dan Marino

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Nivek said:

One out of 500 babies are impacted by this (according to one website).   I am not saying that one isn't worse.  I am only pointing out that we have our own hypocrisy to deal with on this issue.   

d16.gif

funny enough, while it is widely (?) considered a jewish tradition, it is also a muslim tradition.  richard burton, the 19th century british explorer who was one of the noted western non-believers to have snuck into to mecca.... had to get himself circumcised as part of his elaborate disguise

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s cosmetic surgery so our dicks don’t look like elephant trunks and gross chicks out. Jesus wanted it that way.

also, worth noting…

the other day my middle daughter had spread her legs and was looking at her vagina and spreading it in front of my oldest and I and my oldest goes “it looks like an octopus mouth” and I don’t really know how to process that.

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

So to get off the topic of young daughters doing odd things.... 

Opposition is backing the Coup. Conde was not really liked and the inside scoop is this was about halting russia/china BS in West Africa. Coup leader is close to France. Opposition lives in NY. 

Expect an announcement from the coup leaders in a few days about why and how. Russia is shitting bricks since they could lose their control on the bauxite mines. US NGO's, who for the most part were cut out of operating there are getting ready to go in. 

More news at 11. 

• Hook 'Em 6

So to get off the topic of young daughters doing odd things.... 
Opposition is backing the Coup. Conde was not really liked and the inside scoop is this was about halting russia/china BS in West Africa. Coup leader is close to France. Opposition lives in NY. 
Expect an announcement from the coup leaders in a few days about why and how. Russia is shitting bricks since they could lose their control on the bauxite mines. US NGO's, who for the most part were cut out of operating there are getting ready to go in. 
More news at 11. 
Would the Russians lend a hand militarily to help their friends?

consensus is no. They might drop in some Wagner group types to secure their mines and interests, but not going to try and counter-coup. 

Key is will the opposition and the coup leaders form a new government asap and then call in humanitarian support. Its a poor place. I know 1 client is having a full team call tomorrow to start thinking about the location. Buddy was asked to develop a concept for community based agriculture (non-export) and he anticipates flying in within 2 weeks. 

Will quiet down and most are thinking this is a good thing. Conde was an ass and the US and EU never recognized his new term. 

On 9/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, 'stache said:

Good point. I guess colonialism was a good thing and snuffed it out already. 

I'm not suggesting complete isolationism, but I wish they had been allowed to handle modernity on their own terms after encounter with Europeans. The peoples of Africa had all sorts of shit done to them, and were left with borders they didn't draw, and governments they didn't develop. Yes I know it's idealistic. I wish the same could have been possible for the Americas and Australia and everywhere else that was colonized through horrible actions. My main point is that much of the chaos of today in Africa is due to colonialism and it's not real easy to fix it once the damage was done.

Well, the same shit happened in Europe too. No one gives a fuck about the Picts and Celts up behind that Roman Wall.

No one gives a fuck about Saxons that got run in 1066.

Or Germanic tribes that got pushed all over the place.

No one gives a shit about everyone that got run by the Mongol horde, killing some 10% of the population of the world.

It happens everywhere.  It's human nature.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the same shit happened in Europe too. No one gives a fuck about the Picts and Celts up behind that Roman Wall.

No one gives a shit about everyone that got run by the Mongol horde, killing some 10% of the population of the world.

Serbs say don't forget about us. Shit about to go down in Montenegro. 

On 9/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, 'stache said:

Good point. I guess colonialism was a good thing and snuffed it out already. 

I'm not suggesting complete isolationism, but I wish they had been allowed to handle modernity on their own terms after encounter with Europeans. The peoples of Africa had all sorts of shit done to them, and were left with borders they didn't draw, and governments they didn't develop. Yes I know it's idealistic. I wish the same could have been possible for the Americas and Australia and everywhere else that was colonized through horrible actions. My main point is that much of the chaos of today in Africa is due to colonialism and it's not real easy to fix it once the damage was done.

You make a valid point here, and it's one side of the conventional wisdom.  But I think many people completely forget or ignore the indecencies done among the inhabitants.  Pre-western societies in Africa and the Americas were constantly warring, taking prisoners, making slaves, having mass executions of entire tribes/groups, and in general killing the shit out of each other.  Those were far from idyllic situations.  It's just that the Western powers were more advanced technologically and could win out.

I would think that if these people were "left alone", their respective continents would still be arenas of bloodbaths and constant war for territory and resources - as it had been for 7,000 years at least.  The difference in colonization isn't morality, but ability.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Assuming you’re talking about circumcision, those aren’t even remotely equal. I’m glad I don’t have an ugly dick. I don’t think you’ll find many women who would say they’re glad they had their clit removed.

Now go back read, and try to control the childlike impulse to react, and figure out what I actually wrote this time.  

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Beat me to it. Guess what? Humans are dicks. Africans sold slaves to Europeans. Indigenous people "colonized" each other. What we call "native Americans" just happened to be the ones standing when Europeans arrived but in most cases they took the land from the last guys. I'm not excusing shitty behavior but also not so ignorant and naive to pretend like this is some sort of uniquely European behavior.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

You make a valid point here, and it's one side of the conventional wisdom.  But I think many people completely forget or ignore the indecencies done among the inhabitants.  Pre-western societies in Africa and the Americas were constantly warring, taking prisoners, making slaves, having mass executions of entire tribes/groups, and in general killing the shit out of each other.  Those were far from idyllic situations.  It's just that the Western powers were more advanced technologically and could win out.

I would think that if these people were "left alone", their respective continents would still be arenas of bloodbaths and constant war for territory and resources - as it had been for 7,000 years at least.  The difference in colonization isn't morality, but ability.

I think the colonized places would have evolved naturally after contact with the technological advances introduced to them if they were approached in a different manner. The earliest explorers in North America treated Native Americans as trading partners and there were some advances among them during that time period, until it was determined that they should be relocated and essentially genocided. Maybe it doesn't work out that way, but it would have been much better to try. I know the reality of the times wouldn't have allowed it, but my overall point is that much of the chaos is based on colonialism and it is likely, in my opinion, that it would have played out differently with a different approach.

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think the colonized places would have evolved naturally after contact with the technological advances introduced to them if they were approached in a different manner. The earliest explorers in North America treated Native Americans as trading partners and there were some advances among them during that time period, until it was determined that they should be relocated and essentially genocided. Maybe it doesn't work out that way, but it would have been much better to try. I know the reality of the times wouldn't have allowed it, but my overall point is that much of the chaos is based on colonialism and it is likely, in my opinion, that it would have played out differently with a different approach.

You're saying one society's conquest over another is inherently "natural" and "OK" (my quotes; not yours) as long as the conquest is not through colonialism and specifically European colonialism? 

I'm not mocking your point or trying to be an a-hole.  I'm just trying to understand your point and engage in a reasonable discussion about an interesting topic that has touched the world throughout its history.

48 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Beat me to it. Guess what? Humans are dicks. Africans sold slaves to Europeans. Indigenous people "colonized" each other. What we call "native Americans" just happened to be the ones standing when Europeans arrived but in most cases they took the land from the last guys. I'm not excusing shitty behavior but also not so ignorant and naive to pretend like this is some sort of uniquely European behavior.

Yup. Regional/tribal/ethnic conflicts within a nation-state, within an island, within a continent, within any way you choose to classify groups of people, have been happening since our opposable thumbs have gripped a spear. 

(i happen to think king leopold of belgium was one of THE most despicable fuckers our species has created)

its in our human nature to do bad shit and is why some people do bad shit. But if you apply this very obviously-true lens of history to certain modern scenarios, instead of using more far fetched theory, youre a denier/sympathizer/xxx’ist/applylabelhere