2021-22 PGA thread

Wally Fairway

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fleetwood shares lead at -6 with Hoge.

Wondering if they'll be able to finish this on Sunday. I'd guess not. Bunch of guys haven't even teed yet. 

100% chance of rain both tomorrow and Saturday morning. They’ll be luck to get 54 in. 

Strange leaderboard which seems to happen from time to time at the Players.  Two guys outside of the Top 250 in Lahiri (322) and Ghim (252) and arguably the most unheralded players in the top 10 (Cameron Smith), Top 20 (Sam Burns) and Top 40 (Tom Hoge) in the world rankings, plus Paul Casey and a guy I've never heard of (2019 Sanderson Farms Championship winner Sebastian Munoz).

Someone is getting the biggest win of their career today.

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

Strange leaderboard which seems to happen from time to time at the Players.  Two guys outside of the Top 250 in Lahiri (322) and Ghim (252) and arguably the most unheralded players in the top 10 (Cameron Smith), Top 20 (Sam Burns) and Top 40 (Tom Hoge) in the world rankings, plus Paul Casey and a guy I've never heard of (2019 Sanderson Farms Championship winner Sebastian Munoz).

Someone is getting the biggest win of their career today.

This. Lahiri was Top 40 and played on two Presidents Cup teams but seems to have fallen off the golfing map the last few years. Ghim has a pretty impressive pedigree, finishing second at the US Amateur not that long ago, and is only 25, I think.

I'll be pulling for Ghim because UT but I'd also be OK with Lahiri or even Paul Casey winning today. I think Cameron Smith is probably the best player of the 15 who start Round 4 within three shots of the lead.

hopefully Doug learned from last year.  he was in the second to last group at the 2021 Players, and blew up with a 78.  hope that was a great learning experience and he can keep it together this year.  he obviously clicks with this course.

would be really sweet to have back to back wins from guys on the 2018 UT golf team.

25 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

hopefully Doug learned from last year.  he was in the second to last group at the 2021 Players, and blew up with a 78.  hope that was a great learning experience and he can keep it together this year.  he obviously clicks with this course.

would be really sweet to have back to back wins from guys on the 2018 UT golf team.

Well, that double probably just about takes care of him. Looks like there are going to be some low scores posted today.