Alabama at Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University - 7pm on CBS

Pancho

@dcar00 So glad I missed this one. There's would not be enough salve/moonshine in Texas to help with the football hangover.

smile.png

Also, I told y'all if there was one asshole that could bring down Nick Saban it would be Chin Fucker. I don't know what he did but I know he fucked up something. And he's not done yet.

36 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

True but also the guy sucks. 

I don’t know about that. I do know that he did a good job as head coach at Penn State in a really tough situation and I had more respect for him in that position than I do for James Franklin. Ultimately it falls on Saban. But the Jimmys and Joes matter too as well as all of Saban’s legion of analysts and quality control coaches. A decade ago a lot of Buckeye fans were blaming Luke Fickell for all their woes. Now he’s got the pick of any job he wants. Fans are always looking for a scapegoat. I just can’t buy into it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know about that. I do know that he did a good job as head coach at Penn State in a really tough situation and I had more respect for him in that position than I do for James Franklin. Ultimately it falls on Saban. But the Jimmys and Joes matter too as well as all of Saban’s legion of analysts and quality control coaches. A decade ago a lot of Buckeye fans were blaming Luke Fickell for all their woes. Now he’s got the pick of any job he wants. Fans are always looking for a scapegoat. I just can’t buy into it. 

You're saying CBoB ain't that bad of a corch...in an aggy thread, no less?

Pass that shit around, bro.

I kept watching the game of A&M and 'Bama (while on split screen of 'Husker and GoBlue) and I thought, Tide will this out, they built for this...

After thinking of the atmosphere of the OU-UT game, I realized, both of our programs are going to need to "recalibrate" SEC intensity/ noise...
On a flip side both programs should be even more prepped to "dominate"  vs ACC/ B1G/ PAC & whoever else, in nonconference & bowls also...

1 minute ago, kopp0e said:

I kept watching the game of A&M and 'Bama (while on split screen of 'Husker and GoBlue) and I thought, Tide will this out, they built for this...

After thinking of the atmosphere of the OU-UT game, I realized, both of our programs are going to need to "recalibrate" SEC intensity/ noise...
On a flip side both programs should be even more prepped to "dominate"  vs ACC/ B1G/ PAC & whoever else, in nonconference & bowls also...

Look at the fronts on both of those teams. Look at the fronts of auburn/Georgia. Then look at ours. We aren’t built or ready for the SEC. hopefully we can overhaul. We just have the wrong body types and size. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Look at the fronts on both of those teams. Look at the fronts of auburn/Georgia. Then look at ours. We aren’t built or ready for the SEC. hopefully we can overhaul. We just have the wrong body types and size. 

I getcha, it's going to take a while maybe a year or 2 to get adjusted, but I think Riley & Sark can get it done, hell even Jimbo has acclimated a bit to SEC...
The trenches are going to be spots both teams need to adjust, we as fans have to turn it up week in & week out when the move is made, it's gonna 'rock'...

4 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I getcha, it's going to take a while maybe a year or 2 to get adjusted, but I think Riley & Sark can get it done, hell even Jimbo has acclimated a bit to SEC...
The trenches are going to be spots both teams need to adjust, we as fans have to turn it up week in & week out when the move is made, it's gonna 'rock'...

It could happen quicker with portal on offensive side. Looks at our recruits on defense in 2022 class. They all have the frame and arm length we need. Look at our linebacker prospects that we’re recruiting. They’re completely different looking players than the ones currently at their positions in the roster. Look at 2023 guys we’re pushing for and 2024 offers we’ve given out. You see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m not completely discounting what you’re saying but aggy O line got bitchslapped by Arkansas 3 man front too. They haven’t been very good all year until last night.

5 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’m not completely discounting what you’re saying but aggy O line got bitchslapped by Arkansas 3 man front too. They haven’t been very good all year until last night.

And they shuffled since then as well. They have more talent than us at those positions. Green, Foster, and fatheree will be nfl players. Who on our current 2 deep is a nfl player? 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It could happen quicker with portal on offensive side. Looks at our recruits on defense in 2022 class. They all have the frame and arm length we need. Look at our linebacker prospects that we’re recruiting. They’re completely different looking players than the ones currently at their positions in the roster. Look at 2023 guys we’re pushing for and 2024 offers we’ve given out. You see it. 

Both are not that far off & can compete in SEC on day 1, now winning the thing, well that'll take the steps you mentioned... Casey will be great for UT...
As well as Caleb for OU, the biggest question now is how to "tinker" the ego of Rattler not to do the same as the LSU running back that came (& left)...

2 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Honestly, great win for aggy but as usual it doesn’t matter. They have two division losses. Bama will win out and go to the title game.

Aggy has to go to Oxford. Also BR for last game of season but LSU looks like shit. If Aggy wins out they need the Pirate to drop 2 (likely), Arkansas to lose 1, and Bama to drop 1. The Iron bowl is at auburn this year. Not an impossible scenario. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

no shit, even our head coach says that. we laugh at aggy being slow or what the fuck ever because their dbacks look like linebackers and their linebackers look like dlineman but they looked fast enough last night.

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Both are not that far off & can compete in SEC on day 1, now winning the thing, well that'll take the steps you mentioned... Casey will be great for UT...
As well as Caleb for OU, the biggest question now is how to "tinker" the ego of Rattler not to do the same as the LSU running back that came (& left)...

problem is we're light years away from being SEC level on the oline, we better hope some all conference level olineman want to portal from somewhere, about 5 of them.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Who are the LB's we have coming in for 2022?  Kerry I'll give you, but Trevell Johnson is a guy everyone seems to think will get dropped if we get more highly regarded players to commit.  That's the only two in the class, and after last night I am not counting on Perkins at all.  Overshown is going pro after this year, what are we going to be left with at that position next year?

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Who are the LB's we have coming in for 2022?  Kerry I'll give you, but Trevell Johnson is a guy everyone seems to think will get dropped if we get more highly regarded players to commit.  That's the only two in the class, and after last night I am not counting on Perkins at all.  Overshown is going pro after this year, what are we going to be left with at that position next year?

There is talk of using Brown at linebacker because of his size and athleticism. 

if we can land Barton.

but portal is where we have to hit there IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Because there’s always just one person to blame. Football is a simple sport without a whole lot of moving parts. That’s why we love it so much. 

BoB is calling the offense

The offense couldn't handle any adversity and played like scared pussies instead of using all their weapons and adjusting to win

It's not ALL on him but people here also argue about Sark's success at bammer, saying they are so talented anyone could call the offense for them and score fiddy. 

59 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

problem is we're light years away from being SEC level on the oline, we better hope some all conference level olineman want to portal from somewhere, about 5 of them.

I'm hoping LSU spirals down farther and we can get more of those 'cruits in the trenches. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Maybe but Missou and aggy had immediate success in the sec with big 12 rosters. To think we would go to the sec and go 1-10 is inaccurate. One game vs arky does not mean the entire season will be that way. Maybe announcing when we are going to the sec would help getting recruits and raiding the portal. Still don’t get why we haven’t announced if we are going now or waiting till 2025(which I doubt).

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Maybe but Missou and aggy had immediate success in the sec with big 12 rosters. To think we would go to the sec and go 1-10 is inaccurate. One game vs arky does not mean the entire season will be that way. Maybe announcing when we are going to the sec would help getting recruits and raiding the portal. Still don’t get why we haven’t announced if we are going now or waiting till 2025(which I doubt).

this ain't 10 years ago

Edited by hookem48
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

you forgot the SEC was 3 yards and a cloud of dust league, you seem to think Big 12 offenses are still some special thing.

Yea I forgot that 77-0 beating from lsu two years ago when they won the title. Stop being a pussy about arky game. Do we need to upgrade? Yea we do but to think we would go 0-7 in the sec is fucking dumb as shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

And the point is the sec wasn’t crap when they joined and to think we have to have a full blown sec roster to compete is knee jerk. We beat Georgia and hung with lsu when they won the title with less. One game doesn’t determine everything.

They brought in offenses the sec wasn’t used to seeing is his point. Sec has evolved and big 12 has devolved. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea I forgot that 77-0 beating from lsu two years ago when they won the title. Stop being a pussy about arky game. Do we need to upgrade? Yea we do but to think we would go 0-7 in the sec is fucking dumb as shit.

who said we're going 0-7?

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

And the point is the sec wasn’t crap when they joined and to think we have to have a full blown sec roster to compete is knee jerk. We beat Georgia and hung with lsu when they won the title with less. One game doesn’t determine everything.

the SEC East wasn't crap? now I'm not remembering something right I guess.

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Because there’s always just one person to blame. Football is a simple sport without a whole lot of moving parts. That’s why we love it so much. 

We have a lot more data points than you do apparently. What you saw from them offensively is exactly what we saw on Sundays here in the Houston area for 7 years.

You’re making declarations off one game. Sec east may haven’t been great but mizzou won it twice. They weren’t exactly world beaters. We upgrade through recruiting and the portal and we’re fine. Not announcing when we are going is worse imo. I guarantee we have a good chunk jump on board if we go next year rather than wait till 2025.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re making declarations off one game. Sec east may haven’t been great but mizzou won it twice. They weren’t exactly world beaters. We upgrade through recruiting and the portal and we’re fine. Not announcing when we are going is worse imo. I guarantee we have a good chunk jump on board if we go next year rather than wait till 2025.

You mean like you're doing about one game vs LSU 2 years ago?

Alabama gained 522 yards. Bill O’Brian didn’t throw an interception in the end zone. Alabama puts blazing receivers downfield and beats you deep, which also opens up their run game. That offense can get bottled up in the red zone and especially inside the 15. Their one td from that spot on the field came on a play with both a blown assignment due in no small part to a completely blown illegal procedure no-call. 

Credit where credit is due. Aggy took an early lead, and after Bama came back to take a one point lead, Aggy marched down the field and scored. This was a great game for them, but unfortunately, this win is not going to count for much this season other than perhaps giving them some recruiting points. Lose the next game and all of this is for nothing.

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Credit where credit is due. Aggy took an early lead, and after Bama came back to take a one point lead, Aggy marched down the field and scored. This was a great game for them, but unfortunately, this win is not going to count for much this season other than perhaps giving them some recruiting points. Lose the next game and all of this is for nothing.

This’ll be a great win for them to look back on but when they inevitably lose 1-2 more games it’ll be just another run of the mill upset vs the program-defining win they want to think it is.

• Hook 'Em 1