NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

53 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Yep. Start using it in the G League next year. NBA can adopt a few years after that.

It really is a simple and elegant solution. Feel like if anyone watched the last two all star games and then that Milwaukee v Nets game and said the preferred the latter to the former they should be institutionalized. 

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

College tried that one year in the pre season tournament season.  It was an utter and complete disaster. You want no part of this- trust and believe everyone hated it. Like, they might have e even cancelled it for later tournaments after seeing it in action a couple times. 

How so?  What was this major issue?  By what metric?

Was the real issue that dumbass coaches had no idea how to alter the strategy and the teams kept simply fouling anyway?  This is the only negative I can think of. The rest would simply be an adjustment period as fouling to stop the clock/hack-shack would not longer be an option 

If the shot clock/extra time was an issue eliminate it, and don’t reset it. The offensive team can simply shoot the 1 and 1 when the shot clock gets too low to their liking. 
Very interested in what the problem was if any links to the game or tourney  

Make the trailing team play defense, eliminate the free throw contest. 

Most alternatives try to change the game (play to a score etc) from the rest of the game. This simply allows the game to be played as it is the other 56 mins of game time. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

How so?  What was this major issue?  By what metric?

Was the real issue that dumbass coaches had no idea how to alter the strategy and the teams kept simply fouling anyway?  This is the only negative I can think of. The rest would simply be an adjustment period as fouling to stop the clock/hack-shack would not longer be an option 

If the shot clock/extra time was an issue eliminate it, and don’t reset it. The offensive team can simply shoot the 1 and 1 when the shot clock gets too low to their liking. 
Very interested in what the problem was if any links to the game or tourney  

Make the trailing team play defense, eliminate the free throw contest. 

Most alternatives try to change the game (play to a score etc) from the rest of the game. This simply allows the game to be played as it is the other 56 mins of game time. 

Yes. They kept fouling. And that made sense bc they were kind of sort of trying to get the ball (not really). 
Honestly?  Playing to a score might seem like different rules from the rest of the game, but by doing it that way it ensures that the end game, strategically, is played like the rest of the game. 

Don't make special rules for the end of the game. Just treat the clock like soccer. Let it run the whole game, refs track injury/bullshit time and you play an extra period with that amount of time. Refs update coaches at the end of each quarter how much extra  time has accrued. No extra time is accrued in the extra period or in any overtime period.

Edited by Llogg

7 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Harden looks amazing! How long will it last though? Guy is among the best when wanting to play.

This isn't necessary Harden specific, but it's weird how normalized the "he just wasn't happy anymore, so he completely mailed it in" narrative has become, and how we barely penalize guys for it anymore. Harden's done it twice in two years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Llogg said:

Don't make special rules for the end of the game. Just treat the clock like soccer. Let it run the whole game, refs track injury/bullshit time and you play an extra period with that amount of time. Refs update coaches at the end of each quarter how much extra  time has accrued. No extra time is accrued in the extra period or in any overtime period.

That’s an absolutely awful idea. Seriously, the Elam ending fixed everything people want fixed about what end of game should look like. It’s the simplest fix ever and could be implemented overnight with zero practical difficulties. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This isn't necessary Harden specific, but it's weird how normalized the "he just wasn't happy anymore, so he completely mailed it in" narrative has become, and how we barely penalize guys for it anymore. Harden's done it twice in two years.

I get what you are saying. But there are degrees to this. NOBODY in all of the NBA would be happy playing for the shit show that was Tilman Ferntits. So, that strike one shouldn’t even count. 
then, in Brooklyn it was a shit show brought on by Kyrie “flat earth” Irving opting out and KD and some other guys getting hurt leaving it all on him when he was pretty clearly over the idea of carrying a franchise on his shoulders. That’s qualitatively different to me than Simmons refusing to play because he got his feelings hurt. 
it’s not really new in the NBA. We just used to say “so and so needs a change of scenery” after they half ass it. 
I would contend this thing has always gone on (superstars playing less than hard when they don’t want to be somewhere) but we are just now a little more up front about it. 
and you know what?  I can’t really fault guys for that. Who here busts ass when they decide they are moving on from a job before they actually do?  Who here busts ass when they have an incompetent boss and their company sucks. We love movies like office space that point out the inanity of corporate America, why would we expect professional sports or entertainment to be different?  

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I get what you are saying. But there are degrees to this. NOBODY in all of the NBA would be happy playing for the shit show that was Tilman Ferntits. So, that strike one shouldn’t even count. 
then, in Brooklyn it was a shit show brought on by Kyrie “flat earth” Irving opting out and KD and some other guys getting hurt leaving it all on him when he was pretty clearly over the idea of carrying a franchise on his shoulders. That’s qualitatively different to me than Simmons refusing to play because he got his feelings hurt. 
it’s not really new in the NBA. We just used to say “so and so needs a change of scenery” after they half ass it. 
I would contend this thing has always gone on (superstars playing less than hard when they don’t want to be somewhere) but we are just now a little more up front about it. 
and you know what?  I can’t really fault guys for that. Who here busts ass when they decide they are moving on from a job before they actually do?  Who here busts ass when they have an incompetent boss and their company sucks. We love movies like office space that point out the inanity of corporate America, why would we expect professional sports or entertainment to be different?  

Because they get paid a lot of money to do something most posters in this thread wish they could’ve done when they were younger.

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Because they get paid a lot of money to do something most posters in this thread wish they could’ve done when they were younger.

Human nature transcends W2’s imo. I’m not mad at anyone for feeling the way they feel, I guess I’m just saying this shouldn’t come as a surprise. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Human nature transcends W2’s imo. I’m not mad at anyone for feeling the way they feel, I guess I’m just saying this shouldn’t come as a surprise. 

Not surprised.  If you ask posters on a sports centric message board what they wanted to be when they were growing up, professional athlete would be a popular answer.  It’s a little harder to believe e that someone is unhappy at what was your dream job as opposed to a guy in middle management at an accounting firm

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What a load of shit. You can't compare professional sports to the corporate world. If 15,000 people paid their hard earned cash to show up to my office to watch me send emails and have zoom calls, then maybe I could see the similarities. But Harden is an entertainer and he's cheating the fans. 

I still can't comprehend why rocket fans keep defending him and making up excuses for him. He's a fucking dog, and a spoiled and entitled one at that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

What a load of shit. You can't compare professional sports to the corporate world. If 15,000 people paid their hard earned cash to show up to my office to watch me send emails and have zoom calls, then maybe I could see the similarities. But Harden is an entertainer and he's cheating the fans. 

I still can't comprehend why rocket fans keep defending him and making up excuses for him. He's a fucking dog, and a spoiled and entitled one at that. 

Then you can't comprehend just how much of a clown shown Tilman Fertita is running.  That's on you not on Rockets fans, who are pretty much universal in their disdain and loathing for him.  If you put up a poll and said- how many of you would celebrate like crazy if Fertita sold it'd be like 99%   If you put up a poll and asked how many would want to work for that guy you'd probably have single digit say yes- especially if it's "how many people would want to work for that guy if you have a ton of other options at the same level of money but with more professional satisfaction?"  I think the answer then becomes zero.

Also- I flat don't believe you. I think you'd half ass your way through zoom calls within 6 months of that happening, no matter how much money you made for that moment in time when you were half assing the zoom call.  It's human nature.  Especially when you have fuck you money and you know that there are absolutely zero tangible penalties for said half assing.

I've watched movies where the actors clearly half assed it. I've been to concerts where the singers got drunk and lip synched the words and fell off stage (what's up John Michael Montgomery). I've seen plenty of pro sporting events where guys went through the motions.  Walking down to first base.  Hacking at anything. Shitty AB's all over the place.  Not hustling back on defense.  Not going over the middle. Do I wish it was different and everyone was always giving 100%?  Sure. I guess.  Do I always give 100% at everything I do. Nah.  I bet you don't either. And I bet money wouldn't really change that.  If you do give 100% to everything God bless you.  Some people are wired that way.  Most aren't.  I don't get mad at people for not performing in a way that is outside human nature.  I just shrug and move on.   

44 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Not surprised.  If you ask posters on a sports centric message board what they wanted to be when they were growing up, professional athlete would be a popular answer.  It’s a little harder to believe e that someone is unhappy at what was your dream job as opposed to a guy in middle management at an accounting firm

I played golf in high school.  Wasn't great but played on a team that went to state, was alternate on a team that won state, and was teammates with a guy that actually won an event on the pga tour.  We played every day for 9 or 10 months. Hit balls on the range until hands blistered and bleeding.  Played every day in qualifying where a number was attached to my score and depending upon what that number was depended upon if I'd go to tournaments, and sadly, many times it determined how I felt about myself.  The old men in the locker room would look at us and be like- do yall know how lucky you are that you get to play a game every day?  What they didn't realize was that what was a game to them was work to us.  If you turn anything into a job it's not all fun and games anymore.  That's life.  Very few appreciate that. Especially if they don't get to the higher level. I would be willing to be that the higher you make it in any "entertainment" endeavor the less you feel like "oh- this is a game".  There's a reason Mack Brown looked pregnant and 145 years old by the end of his tenure. The stress, pressure, work, practice, being under a microscope- all that shit isn't a kids game.  
They are incredibly well compensated.  They have tremendous perks.  I'm not saying feel sorry for them. I'm saying they are professionals performing a job and anyone who works is going to have things that suck about their job that they don't like, and things that de-motivate them.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

NOBODY in all of the NBA would be happy playing for the shit show that was Tilman Ferntits. So, that strike one shouldn’t even count. 
then, in Brooklyn it was a shit show brought on by Kyrie “flat earth” Irving opting out and KD and some other guys getting hurt leaving it all on him when he was pretty clearly over the idea of carrying a franchise on his shoulders.

First - I don't see anyone comparing him to Simmons. And that's a pretty low bar for individual commitment. 

Second - Harden was basically a quarter of basketball away from winning a title in Houston. He then effectively ran off CP3 after the next season then had a meh playoff run with Westbrook before showing up out of shape, quitting on the team and demanding to be traded. Yeah Fertitta sucks - I'm not sure what that has to do with playing for Morey (who he wanted to be reunited with) and on an extremely well constructed roster (next to one of the greatest floor-raising players in NBA history) that won 67 games and probably should have won a title in 2018. 

He then showed up out of shape again this season - after coming extremely close to the ECF despite losing Kyrie to injury (which wasn't Kyrie's fault). Meanwhile Durant is carrying the team on both ends of the floor at an MVP level to start the season (after winning another gold medal for the US) then gets injured (I beleive they were around the 2nd seed when Durant went out) - right after Kyrie commits to play road games. Instead of keeping the ship afloat until Durant returned (everyone knew it wasn't a serious injury and he would return post ASB) or trying to work with Kyrie to make the most of their road contests Harden basically drags down the locker room, displays questionable effort, and leads the Nets to 11 straight losses before straight up quitting on the team. If all of that is deemed acceptable behavior simply because Kyrie wouldn't get vaccinated then you're welcome to that opinion. Personally - I think it's just more data points in a long list of knocks against his character and intangibles as a basketball player. He had Kevin fucking Durant on the team. Arguably the best player in the world and a superstar that's easy to play with. This wasn't like quitting on the 06 Lakers or 2010 Cavs or Anthony Davis wanting out of NO. 

Harden just doesn't burn for the game the way that Curry, LeBron, KD, Giannis etc. do. Not everyone does - he's still a transcendent talent - and I actually have always enjoyed the way he plays and been less critical than most - but trying to give him a pass for quitting on his team twice in two years - let alone once - is kind of ignoring who we know him to be as a basketball player. 

We'll see how things turn out in Philly. I'd be holding my breath if I was a 6ers fan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

First - I don't see anyone comparing him to Simmons. And that's a pretty low bar for individual commitment. 

Second - Harden was basically a quarter of basketball away from winning a title in Houston. He then effectively ran off CP3 after the next season then had a meh playoff run with Westbrook before showing up out of shape, quitting on the team and demanding to be traded. Yeah Fertitta sucks - I'm not sure what that has to do with playing for Morey (who he wanted to be reunited with) and on an extremely well constructed roster (next to one of the greatest floor-raising players in NBA history) that won 67 games and probably should have won a title in 2018. 

He then showed up out of shape again this season - after coming extremely close to the ECF despite losing Kyrie to injury (which wasn't Kyrie's fault). Meanwhile Durant is carrying the team on both ends of the floor at an MVP level to start the season (after winning another gold medal for the US) then gets injured (I beleive they were around the 2nd seed when Durant went out) - right after Kyrie commits to play road games. Instead of keeping the ship afloat until Durant returned (everyone knew it wasn't a serious injury and he would return post ASB) or trying to work with Kyrie to make the most of their road contests Harden basically drags down the locker room, displays questionable effort, and leads the Nets to 11 straight losses before straight up quitting on the team. If all of that is deemed acceptable behavior simply because Kyrie wouldn't get vaccinated then you're welcome to that opinion. Personally - I think it's just more data points in a long list of knocks against his character and intangibles as a basketball player. He had Kevin fucking Durant on the team. Arguably the best player in the world and a superstar that's easy to play with. This wasn't like quitting on the 06 Lakers or 2010 Cavs or Anthony Davis wanting out of NO. 

Harden just doesn't burn for the game the way that Curry, LeBron, KD, Giannis etc. do. Not everyone does - he's still a transcendent talent - and I actually have always enjoyed the way he plays and been less critical than most - but trying to give him a pass for quitting on his team twice in two years - let alone once - is kind of ignoring who we know him to be as a basketball player. 

We'll see how things turn out in Philly. I'd be holding my breath if I was a 6ers fan. 

One major point- Morey was gone before he asked out. That’s huge. You might hate the big boss but love your manager and then he goes and what do you have left?  The Houston thing is 100% understandable. And it’s says something when the VAST majority of fans don’t hold it against the player that bailed- most fans go into jihad mode when that happens- Houston retired his number in the first game back. 
yeah- he was short sighted to ask out on Durant. I’m just saying Kyrie’s bullshit led him to get traded from a team who had just won a title and made the fans in Boston ready to commit a homicide at the idea of bringing him back. He’s not the easiest guy to team with. 
I think Harden is a weird guy. I think he does burn for basketball or he wouldn’t have become a top 50 all time guy with less physical attributes than most at that level. I think he’s got other shit going on that make him unable to deal with stuff. Social anxiety wouldn’t be a surprise to me at all. Or maybe he’s just an asshole. I don’t get that sense and nobody knows him better than Morey and he was willing to move heaven and earth to get him back, so… who knows. We will see. 2 points is a trend- not a line. We will see how this thing goes. Would I be worried if I was the 6’ers that it might go bad? Sure. Would I take that risk every time?  Yep. 
I’m excited to watch it all play out. 

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Then you can't comprehend just how much of a clown shown Tilman Fertita is running.  That's on you not on Rockets fans, who are pretty much universal in their disdain and loathing for him.  If you put up a poll and said- how many of you would celebrate like crazy if Fertita sold it'd be like 99%   If you put up a poll and asked how many would want to work for that guy you'd probably have single digit say yes- especially if it's "how many people would want to work for that guy if you have a ton of other options at the same level of money but with more professional satisfaction?"  I think the answer then becomes zero.

Also- I flat don't believe you. I think you'd half ass your way through zoom calls within 6 months of that happening, no matter how much money you made for that moment in time when you were half assing the zoom call.  It's human nature.  Especially when you have fuck you money and you know that there are absolutely zero tangible penalties for said half assing.

I've watched movies where the actors clearly half assed it. I've been to concerts where the singers got drunk and lip synched the words and fell off stage (what's up John Michael Montgomery). I've seen plenty of pro sporting events where guys went through the motions.  Walking down to first base.  Hacking at anything. Shitty AB's all over the place.  Not hustling back on defense.  Not going over the middle. Do I wish it was different and everyone was always giving 100%?  Sure. I guess.  Do I always give 100% at everything I do. Nah.  I bet you don't either. And I bet money wouldn't really change that.  If you do give 100% to everything God bless you.  Some people are wired that way.  Most aren't.  I don't get mad at people for not performing in a way that is outside human nature.  I just shrug and move on.   

Hey, I half ass my zoom calls now. I think if I had 15,000 sets of eyeballs on me, I might just stop surfing surly during them. 

@ztejas pretty much nailed it but just to add another point, it's one thing to have a bad night at the gym. Or not run out every grounder every time or mail in a single concert. That's human nature. Everybody has a tough day at the office. It's a complete other thing to just say fuck it and quit and be such a cancer that your team can't get rid of you fast enough. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

One major point- Morey was gone before he asked out. That’s huge. You might hate the big boss but love your manager and then he goes and what do you have left?

That's fair. I still think he could have worked things out better with CP and kept the train rolling another couple years.

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m just saying Kyrie’s bullshit led him to get traded from a team who had just won a title and made the fans in Boston ready to commit a homicide at the idea of bringing him back. He’s not the easiest guy to team with. 

Well... Harden willingly teamed with him. Obviously the antivax shit is a bit of a wild card but it's hardly out of character for Kyrie. And now it looks like he'll wind up playing every game down the stretch.

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think he does burn for basketball or he wouldn’t have become a top 50 all time guy with less physical attributes than most at that level.

He certainly does in some aspects. He's a reported gym rat and clearly takes a ton of pride in his individual craft. I'm just not sure how much he burns to win at a team level or sacrifice to elevate players around him (or really his own game).

He likes basketball. He also likes partying and celebrity culture. A lot. It can get messy sometimes. 

He may win a title with Philly and change the narrative. I'll believe it when I see it. As a quasi-Nets fan I'm honestly just glad I don't have to worry about which version of James Harden the team is getting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's fair. I still think he could have worked things out better with CP and kept the train rolling another couple years.

Well... Harden willingly teamed with him. Obviously the antivax shit is a bit of a wild card but it's hardly out of character for Kyrie. And now it looks like he'll wind up playing every game down the stretch.

He certainly does in some aspects. He's a reported gym rat and clearly takes a ton of pride in his individual craft. I'm just not sure how much he burns to win at a team level or sacrifice to elevate players around him (or really his own game).

He likes basketball. He also likes partying and celebrity culture. A lot. It can get messy sometimes. 

He may win a title with Philly and change the narrative. I'll believe it when I see it. As a quasi-Nets fan I'm honestly just glad I don't have to worry about which version of James Harden the team is getting. 

Agree with everything here. I’m a huge KD fan so I want the nets to win it all. If they can’t I will be happy to see the 6’ers win. I’m a big Morey fan. I think James got a bad rep dragging some pretty untalented rockets teams to places they probably didn’t deserve to go, and it was his bad luck to be up against a GOAT type team in the Warriors when he finally got another legit running mate. Then horrible injury luck in Brooklyn or they would have cruised to last years title (boy KD was awesome last year). But this year he should have handled it better. He threw away a title imo now that Kyrie can play if KD comes back healthy. But, maybe he wins it anyway in Philly. Fun stuff in store for this years playoffs if everyone is healthy. 

I can't believe Harden has such a hard core white knight. His style of play has always been an affront to the game. He spent two years intentionally playing like dog shit and letting his body go. Can you imagine last year if he had been even marginally in shape and played to his capacity? Maybe all 3 of the stars get more rest and he and Kyrie avoid the injuries that ultimately wasted an MVP level season from KD. Harden's hamstring injury is definitely the kind of injury that consistently taking care of your body can prevent. I fucking hate the guy.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

I can't believe Harden has such a hard core white knight. His style of play has always been an affront to the game. He spent two years intentionally playing like dog shit and letting his body go. Can you imagine last year if he had been even marginally in shape and played to his capacity? Maybe all 3 of the stars get more rest and he and Kyrie avoid the injuries that ultimately wasted an MVP level season from KD. Harden's hamstring injury is definitely the kind of injury that consistently taking care of your body can prevent. I fucking hate the guy.

I’m hardly a hard core white knight. I’m absolutely adamant that Ferntits is a shit stain and nobody with any modicum of sense should want anything to do with him, and Morey and D’Antoni were the first ones off that ship so you can’t fault Harden. 
As to the nets I said Kyrie is a shitty teammate, everyone at every stop ever with him has gotten tired of his shit, but that even with all that be pulled the rip cord too soon in Brooklyn I think. 
Not exactly ride or die shit there man. 

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m hardly a hard core white knight. I’m absolutely adamant that Ferntits is a shit stain and nobody with any modicum of sense should want anything to do with him, and Morey and D’Antoni were the first ones off that ship so you can’t fault Harden. 
As to the nets I said Kyrie is a shitty teammate, everyone at every stop ever with him has gotten tired of his shit, but that even with all that be pulled the rip cord too soon in Brooklyn I think. 
Not exactly ride or die shit there man. 

You're going way out of your way to blame everyone but the only person responsible for his effort and conditioning.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Llogg said:

screen_shot_2017_08_02_at_93332_am.png

• Haha 2

The 17 year olds on reddit crack me up. Better pencil in the championship. 

20220227_215311.thumb.jpg.05a76e6c3136fff17dd05944430981dc.jpg

What's funny is I commented this 4 days ago. 

With Harden - you might get a beautifully orchestrated 30 point triple double or you might get 17 points on 4/18 from the field with 7 turnovers and a bunch of missed rotations on D. If I'm Philly I'd be nervous about some of the latter type of games fucking up a peak Embiid season. 

So - there's a couple of the former type of games. Curious to see how they look when the adversity ratchets up. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

The 17 year olds on reddit crack me up. Better pencil in the championship. 

20220227_215311.thumb.jpg.05a76e6c3136fff17dd05944430981dc.jpg

The early returns are obviously positive, but I'm not ready to crown Philly yet after games versus Minnesota & NYK.

Another game with the Knicks on Wednesday, then the Cavs (who without Garland are just brutal to watch right now) before Miami, Chicago, and Brooklyn (with KD back probably).

We'll know more then.

21 minutes ago, Llogg said:

You're going way out of your way to blame everyone but the only person responsible for his effort and conditioning.

No I’m not. His lack of professionalism is absolutely on him. I’m merely saying he’s not the only one like that nor the Lone Ranger. Did you read Windhorsts piece in Lebron before the trade deadline his last year?  Be basically said Lebron went into shutdown mode until the team did what he wanted and then kicked it into gear. Harden couldn’t get what he wanted without being a pouty bitch. So he was a pouty bitch. If you don’t like the behavior you get change the incentive system.  The NBA should think about doing that in some way because Harden isn’t out on an island here and my argument is it’s human nature. If pouty bitchassedness gets you what you want then most people will engage in that behavior. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No I’m not. His lack of professionalism is absolutely on him. I’m merely saying he’s not the only one like that nor the Lone Ranger. Did you read Windhorsts piece in Lebron before the trade deadline his last year?  Be basically said Lebron went into shutdown mode until the team did what he wanted and then kicked it into gear. Harden couldn’t get what he wanted without being a pouty bitch. So he was a pouty bitch. If you don’t like the behavior you get change the incentive system.  The NBA should think about doing that in some way because Harden isn’t out on an island here and my argument is it’s human nature. If pouty bitchassedness gets you what you want then most people will engage in that behavior. 

Lol.

Me: you're doing this thing

You: no I'm not <does the thing>

Edited by Llogg

ESPN's basketball coverage has devolved into Malika Andrews (who has no basketball experience unless I missed something) and a flash in the pan WNBA player standing in front of a screen at halftime. 

Granted it's better than anything Jalen Rose is involved in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Lol.

Me: you're doing this thing

You: no I'm not <does the thing>

No- I’m providing context for what’s happening and explaining he’s not unique in what he’s doing. I also said he has lacked professionalism and behaved in a pouty and bitchassed manner. Truly not the stuff of “hard core white knighting”. 

This Lakers team needs to be thrown in a dumpster, pissed on, drenched in gasoline, pissed on again, then lit on fire until the remains are unidentifiable. 

Just... bear with me...

- The visiting Pelicans are 24-36. Which is good for 3.5 games back of LA.

- The Lakers had 16 turnovers in the first half. This ties the most in a half for a LeBron James led team... ever. 

- Halfway through the 3Q Russell Westbrook has 7 turnovers and 0 assists.

- Dwight Howard has played 22 of 30 possible minutes. He has turned the ball over 3 times.

- The Pelicans starters have 12 steals between them. 

- As I'm typing this - it is a 27 point game. LA has 53 points with 5 minutes left in the 3Q.

- Frank Vogel looks like his wife just left him and his occasional chest pains aren't responding to medication. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

And it's not like Harden and Morey were collecting rings before Tillman. Neither one of those fuck clowns is championship level. Doesn't matter who the owner is.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I can't stop laughing at this - when he pats his chest to say "my bad", it just kills me. Like, who else could be at fault for inexplicably launching a ball from the other side of half court into the 10th row behind the basket? Was that just a miscommunication? Yeah, Deandre, that one is probably on you my man. 

• Like 1