2021-22 Houston Rockets Season Thread: Sucking with a Purpose

BigOrange1

5 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

They need to tap the brakes on all this winning. It may be time to bring Wall in from the bullpen. 

Yeah from 1-12 to 3-1. Good thing this upcoming draft is 3 deep at a need position for the Rockets. Just stay at 3. However fuck the Spurs and the Jazz.

Edited by HtownHorn

On 1/19/2022 at 10:22 PM, Rip76 said:

Good game tonight.

And F the Jazz, forever.

Always great to beat Utah, especially in their place, even without Donovan Mitchel.  Rockets had a phenomenal shooting night 22-45 (49%) from 3s.  The too old Wood with 23-15, Gobert with only 9 boards.  Rockets with only 8 TOs too.   Garry Bird with the team best 23 points.  Good to see Daniel House still in the NBA.  

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401360496

Jalen Green 0-11 tonight, fortunate stats in a 2 point loss @ GS where the Warriors couldn't shoot either.  The old man C. Wood (26) with another 15 rebound game. 

Russ Westbrick for John Wall heating up, something we should all favor to tank this and next year, easily guaranteeing a top 3 pick every year he's on the floor. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

that was obvious.  still have high hopes for jalen, but mobley should have been the #1 pick in the draft.

I don’t know man, I liked him but wasn’t ponding the table for him.  Bigs are scary as the league moves to more perimeter oriented guys. I’m not disagreeing that he should have been the #1 pick but I don’t know how obvious it was at the time. Seems like a higher beta pick. More upside and downside. 

Radio guys got all excited at Harden rumors and the possibility two or three of him, KD, and Kyrie could bail this off-season and the impact it would have on future draft picks. 

The Rockets’ position is not as great as I thought it would be. Damn that CP3-Westbrook trade was terrible (Thanks James!). We have two first rounders in 2022 and 2023, then likely only one first rounder per year moving forward. Brooklyn being shitty obviously helps us when we get their picks outright in 2024 and 2026, and the option to swap in 2025 and 2027 (if we ever get good and/or they are still shitty then).

2022: HOU and better of MIA/BKN

2023: MKE and better of HOU/BKN

2024: BKN (and HOU only if in top 4) (OKC likely takes our pick)

2025: better of BKN or (the worse of HOU/OKC) (OKC takes better pick)

2026: BKN (and HOU only if in top 4) (OKC likely takes our pick)

2027: better of HOU or BKN

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

nets are spiraling out of control at exactly the right time.  hell, the pick they send the rockets this year could be a solid one, let alone 4-5 years from now.

I didn’t see it coming where the 2023 Nets could be Ben Simmons and a bunch of spares. 

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Are we getting some good draft capital back in this? If not, why trade for a significant downgrade at PF who also only has one year left on his contract?

It would have to more than Washington, their salaries are $8M apart. Wood is a center, and Washington allows Sengun to be the center now.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

dude admitted he's trolling in the comments

yeah twitter does this annoying thing where you start seeing shit from people you don't follow based upon tweets you like.  i typically only follow informed people so when i saw the tweet i didn't realize it was just some rando.

I’m surprised if nobody will up a decent first rounder or good wing prospect for Wood. I figured they’d get some low first or a second for Gordon and hopefully take back little to no salary. All these sites are saying to build around KPJ but it seems his stock could be nearing peak. 

7 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Maybe it will be a photo finish. We really can’t get a mid first for Wood and late first for Gordon?

The idiot writer proposals out there of a Wall trade to Clippers for a bunch of junk contracts is dumb as shit. 

Waiting on good news about a trade by Rockets... 

giphy.gif