Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Just so we’re clear Herman isn’t changing shit about when the offers go out. The bullshit hissy fit from this dude and his pops certainly isn’t a catalyst to change things and likely only validates Herman’s position, in his eyes. He DGAF because: culture. That isn’t going to change. Ever. 

• Like 2

Just so we’re clear Herman isn’t changing shit about when the offers go out. The bullshit hissy fit from this dude and his pops certainly isn’t a catalyst to change things and likely only validates Herman’s position, in his eyes. He DGAF because: culture. That isn’t going to change. Ever. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, golfclap said:

You can say that again.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

He may be a diva, but I bet Herman starts offering kids like that a bit earlier. When it’s a local no brainer offer, it just doesn’t hurt to move the timeline up a month or two, you might as well do it.

And this is more about the dad than the kid imo. These kids take cues from the adults in their lives and the dad took offense, he had a quote out there somewhere. If the dad was telling his kid to not let hurt feelings affect an opportunity, kid would have been fine.

The pussy rate of adults to prospects has to be 75/25. Armchair regards who think their kid can throw a ball over them mountains. 

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Could we see Jalen Milroe grab the mic, Roschon Johnson style, and commit this weekend. Essentially cucking Preston Stones spot. Basically @futuremans wet dream

Is the consensus his offer was a message to Stone or was it simply keeping options open along with positive vibes for his teammate?

Just now, JerryHubbard said:

Here is what I know (have been out of town for last month so have not talked to family in a while).

Bryce has been UT fan for years - Mack Brown football camps, etc... Loves coach Hand. But has been unhappy with repeated attempts by UT coaches to push spring football over track. “You will miss a lot of football stuff if you continue throwing in college” kind of comments. Also - family a little unhappy that Herman still has not sat down with Bryce 1on 1.

Contrast that to OU. Lincoln Riley has had more than one personal session with him - even presenting him with his future football and track schedule - down to daily detailed workout times. They are encouraging him to throw. It sounds like A&M (mom’s and brother’s alma maters) is working the same track-friendly angle.

Foster is a nationally ranked discus/shot athlete. Possibly olympic level. Honestly, it sounds like the coaches are poisoning this recruitment by marginalizing his track interest.

I go back to work Monday and will get more info.

Well if he's an Olympic-level thrower, I can see why he'd want to split the two. That said, if the coaches haven't exactly loved the John Burt experience, I can see how they'd want to focus on all-football guys in a deep OL class.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well if he's an Olympic-level thrower, I can see why he'd want to split the two. That said, if the coaches haven't exactly loved the John Burt experience, I can see how they'd want to focus on all-football guys in a deep OL class.

I always felt that Burt loved track more than playing wide receiver. 

1 hour ago, JerryHubbard said:

Here is what I know (have been out of town for last month so have not talked to family in a while).

Bryce has been UT fan for years - Mack Brown football camps, etc... Loves coach Hand. But has been unhappy with repeated attempts by UT coaches to push spring football over track. “You will miss a lot of football stuff if you continue throwing in college” kind of comments. Also - family a little unhappy that Herman still has not sat down with Bryce 1on 1.

Contrast that to OU. Lincoln Riley has had more than one personal session with him - even presenting him with his future football and track schedule - down to daily detailed workout times. They are encouraging him to throw. It sounds like A&M (mom’s and brother’s alma maters) is working the same track-friendly angle.

Foster is a nationally ranked discus/shot athlete. Possibly olympic level. Honestly, it sounds like the coaches are poisoning this recruitment by marginalizing his track interest.

Good stuff.  Thanks for the inside info.  Anything on Conner??

1 hour ago, JerryHubbard said:

Hey.... some real actual info that doesn’t seem made up.  Pos rep!

I can see it from the coaches perspective.  At the same time, he’s probably one of my favorite interior prospects in the last few classes.  Dude is a monster.  You let him do both.  It’s not like he’ll be needed his freshman year.  Let him do both and see if he can handle it and maybe he chooses football.  Also seems like this has been a constant issue that I’ve read from other recruits where they state they hope for more 1 on 1 time with the head coach.  This coaching staff loves to shoot themselves in the foot.  

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Hey.... some real actual info that doesn’t seem made up.  Pos rep!

I can see it from the coaches perspective.  At the same time, he’s probably one of my favorite interior prospects in the last few classes.  Dude is a monster.  You let him do both.  It’s not like he’ll be needed his freshman year.  Let him do both and see if he can handle it and maybe he chooses football.  Also seems like this has been a constant issue that I’ve read from other recruits where they state they hope for more 1 on 1 time with the head coach.  This coaching staff loves to shoot themselves in the foot.  

Every staff that isn't Clemson, Bama, or Georgia shoots themselves in the foot to some degree. It just so happens that we follow Texas.

That said, Tom not getting personally involved in recruitments is a theme repeated from multiple sites and sources now, and I'm not sure why he doesn't.

• Like 1

Look - I’m not saying Bryce won’t eventually pick Texas. He loves the program and coach Hand. He wants to play close enough for friends and family to see him, and he is not a social media diva.

But they have blown a lay-up here by their attitude towards his throwing. Other schools now have his attention.