[Game Thread] Texas @ Iowa State on FS1

immamac

34 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah I agree. He looked really bad today. Still don’t think he should have been pulled in the first quarter though. 

And once it was clear card wasn’t gonna do shit Casey should have come back in the third quarter. At least to change things up. Like Lincoln Riley did with rattler in the Ou game last year. I was a big sark supporter but this game, I dunno. 

That's why I almost wonder if there was an injury thing. Maybe that thumb got aggravated. It was just bizzare how far off he was. He's never been the most accurate but I don't remember him just shanking throws like that before, much less doing it consistently.

Just now, Tex-19 said:

That's why I almost wonder if there was an injury thing. Maybe that thumb got aggravated. It was just bizzare how far off he was. He's never been the most accurate but I don't remember him just shanking throws like that before, much less doing it consistently.

Yeah I tend to agree. He was throwing passes like I would so the thumb may be worse than is letting on which would explain the early pull and why he never came back in. If so, go with Wright.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, I want Bijan 100% healthy -- have him sit out rest of 2021 season if necessary...  

I tend to agree although missing a bowl game would be really bad. We may need him vs KSU

Either way, glad for him that it's not worse and yeah I assume it won't affect him beyond this season.

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Idk what was happening with Casey today. He was basically spiking the ball every time he tried to throw. I mean I didn't think he was a great QB but he's never looked like that before. It was truly odd.

pressing, he knew he was going to get pulled if he fucked up. he's a jag with a weak ass arm, Card sucks with a better arm but wants his receivers wide open because he doesn't trust them to run the right routes. The one fucking pass he threw to a spot all night Dixon fucking quit on his route.

I just got back to my son’s and DIL’s place. The game was no better in person.

I am really worried about the 40-ish year old guy sitting in front of me. He arrived shitfaced drunk, and spent the entire dam game with his head between his knees:

Q1

3-B9953-CB-C957-467-E-8306-22-A0-FBBCF37

Q2

B2-BAB5-C6-849-A-45-D9-BF3-E-20-ED706-CB

Halftime

AB8-BA884-D400-4259-A01-D-89573-A89-D3-C

Q3

FE97-E858-806-B-4935-9-D5-A-FC777-D01-C7

He vanished early in Q4. He didn’t lift his head once, not even to change caps. I’m sure he would have passed had he watched a single play.