Texas @ Gonzaga, 9:30 CT on ESPN2

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Been following the score - flipped it on with about 11 mins left.

Love the fight. Zero wrong with a loss here - but we can sure as shit have it be a good loss (or come back and win).

100%. Started rough but settled in. Tightened up some defense and we look plenty capable

Just now, Trey3216 said:

Timme is ok, but he’s easily beatable.  Just got to out strength him and get in his face.  National title game showed what type of frauds Gonzaga are.  They cannot play physical basketball.   Finesse team 

Agree we just don’t have that guy without Disu. 

Just now, VinyVango said:

Holmgren is basically a weak Sven Nader … he’ll get plenty of points and stats just being the 7’ tall cleanup guy off the ball in the paint at a great program but he’s a last man off the bench in the NBA if he ever gets drafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think you’ve ever seen him play 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

Holmgren is basically a weak Sven Nader … he’ll get plenty of points and stats just being the 7’ tall cleanup guy off the ball in the paint at a great program but he’s a last man off the bench in the NBA if he ever gets drafted

Huh?

Are you the helobious of basketball?

1 minute ago, theaveragejon said:

Chet Holgrem has two points and isn't doing shit. But TV announcer: "hey that means nothing.. look at this highlight at a fucking basketball camp"

Go fuck right of jack-wagon. 

He literally said scouts won’t look at the numbers on him…yea because he crossed Curry once. What a joke. But damn Gonzaga might run the table this year. 

Just now, hundredTT said:

He literally said scouts won’t look at the numbers on him…yea because he crossed Curry once. What a joke. But damn Gonzaga might run the table this year. 

The scouts won’t look at the numbers and it won’t have anything to do with a highlight against steph.

Just now, Hermanator said:

Is this one of the worst nights ever in Longhorn sports history?

Lose at home to 1-8 Kansas in football while giving up 57 points AND show some promise but inevitably be on about 2 full levels below the top ranked team in basketball and get blown out on the road. 

Take a neg. Go shitpost somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

Is this one of the worst nights ever in Longhorn sports history?

Lose at home to 1-8 Kansas in football while giving up 57 points AND show some promise but inevitably be on about 2 full levels below the top ranked team in basketball and get blown out on the road. 

Go away.

I don’t think you’ve ever seen him play 

I’ve seen some clips of him being a foot taller than most of the guys he went against in high school and seen him get muscled out of the paint by jase febres multiple times tonight and get winded after 3 trips up the court. He’s a kid and needs 55-60 good pounds … he might be an nba player who gets better tan trash time minutes if that happens… he’ll have good stats nights at Gonzaga and maybe he learns some post moves from timme

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The scouts won’t look at the numbers and it won’t have anything to do with a highlight against steph.

I admittedly don’t know much about the kid, but what exactly does he do good, other than hype? Seems like a liability on the floor. Tonight at least. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Go away.

Fuck you I was posting on the Houston Baptist thread. This isn't fully embarrassing like the football team but we were hoping to be a bit closer to contender than we are. Just a lot more work for Beard than I hoped. Honestly just winning a tourney game this year will be a success. 

1 minute ago, VinyVango said:

I’ve seen some clips of him being a foot taller than most of the guys he went against in high school and seen him get muscled out of the paint by jase febres multiple times tonight and get winded after 3 trips up the court. He’s a kid and needs 55-60 good pounds … he might be an nba player who gets better tan trash time minutes if that happens… he’ll have good stats nights at Gonzaga and maybe he learns some post moves from timme

Yea like I said you’ve never seen him play. He’s not a big. He’s a perimeter player. 

14 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Timme is ok, but he’s easily beatable.  Just got to out strength him and get in his face.  National title game showed what type of frauds Gonzaga are.  They cannot play physical basketball.   Finesse team 

Putting on a clinic tonight. An array of post moves. None of y'all will get this reference but he reminds me of a taller Billy Cunningham. 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Fuck you I was posting on the Houston Baptist thread. This isn't fully embarrassing like the football team but we were hoping to be a bit closer to contender than we are. Just a lot more work for Beard than I hoped. Honestly just winning a tourney game this year will be a success. 

This isn’t embarrassing at all. We played the best team in the country competitively without our only post defender against the best post player in the country. Take that stupid shit elsewhere 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

This isn’t embarrassing at all. We played the best team in the country competitively without our only post defender against the best post player in the country. Take that stupid shit elsewhere 

In an arena that no one wins in. In our 2nd game with a new coach and new roster. 

Also - in a sport where this is basically an exhibition game. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Yea like I said you’ve never seen him play. He’s not a big. He’s a perimeter player. 

I’ve seen him play enough to see his strengths and weakness and just disagree with you as to his nba readiness … I wish him well. He has a role if he puts in the work and is able to gain some weight and endurance.