Texas @ Gonzaga, 9:30 CT on ESPN2

shadow_operative

exactly. I didn't expect to win this game but do we have any defense at all?

So far it doesn’t seem like it. I get we are a smaller team but holy shit they’re even being more physical right now. And it doesn’t help we keep lobbing up 3s and not getting rebounds when we inevitably miss them.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

We are not on par with this team at all. Not sure if that’s an indictment on us or an approval of them as a damn good team. Still better than football. 

Only Duke and mayyyyyybe Kentucky are close to them. Just as long we aren’t completely blown out, it’s fine. Missing our best defender sucks. 

exactly. I didn't expect to win this game but do we have any defense at all?

Game 2 of a work in progress but hard to tell how our interior defense will be until Disu plays and until these guys get more comfortable with each other … Mitchell’s interior defense and rebounding appear below average at this really early point … we could sure have used Jericho Simms this year or another big just to guard the paint and rebound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

We are not on par with this team at all. Not sure if that’s an indictment on us or an approval of them as a damn good team. Still better than football. 

They’re an experienced FF team playing at home...  baby steps. 

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Only Duke and mayyyyyybe Kentucky are close to them. Just as long we aren’t completely blown out, it’s fine. Missing our best defender sucks. 

I think you mean KU and not UK.  

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Christ, some of y’all are so jaded.  We are down now, but I’m actually okay with what I’m seeing.  our biggest problem is being too unselfish.  That will work itself out come March. 

We’ve actually settled down a little bit.

Dude, the announcer literally said this a couple of minutes ago. 

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Christ, some of y’all are so jaded.  We are down now, but I’m actually okay with what I’m seeing.  our biggest problem is being too unselfish.  That will work itself out come March. 

We’ve actually settled down a little bit.

It'll be interesting to see another group of fans go through the same complaint progressions we went through with Beard's first year or two at Tech. The kind of defense he strives for doesn't happen overnight. A lot of practical learning has to happen on the floor before your guys will really get it. 

I said back before the 3-point change a couple of years back that Beard/Adams style of defense may suffer a little bit from the increased spacing the rule change would naturally create, and I think that has at least partially played out to be true since.

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It'll be interesting to see another group of fans go through the same complaint progressions we went through with Beard's first year or two at Tech. The kind of defense he strives for doesn't happen overnight. A lot of practical learning has to happen on the floor before your guys will really get it. 

This is almost word for word actually what happened with our WBB team last year. Had to learn to play Vic’s style of defense. Ended up with an E8 run after some frustrating losses. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

We have calmed down this half and are out scoring them 22-14 i think (aggy type of comment right there).

You just cannot get mad if we lose this game as this experience helps comes March.  I’m worried about March, not November.  

And we are missing a key player.