Storming The Field

Vic Mackey

17 hours ago, Underdog said:

Saw a field rush recently that had some old fucks participating, was thinking to myself that’s some old looking Freshmen there.  

I rushed the field with the students in 2008 when Sark's team upset U$C.  I was 42.  So this hits close to home.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well unless you count the great Missouri Rain Delay rush of 1996 I'm gonna guess 1990 "somebody get that idiot off the goalposts" rush post Houston victory.  

This.  I remember some drunken 20 year old storming the field to celebrate cougar high's downfall.  It was fun.

19 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Sounds like someone has never actually rushed the field and enjoyed the moment. It’s pretty fucking great. The last time I did it was at the iron bowl in 2019. When was the last time it happened at DKR?

I was at the Rice-SMU game in 2006 when they won to qualify for a bowl for the first time in 45 years.  Being Rice, they didn't storm the field.  They kind of strolled onto it.  And it wasn't THAT big a crowd given there were only about 20k at the game.  But it was fun milling about the field.  My daughter was on my shoulders high fiving the players.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think we rushed the field three times in 2002, vs Nebraska, KSU, and OU. Exorcised a lot of demons that year after being shitty for so long.

Beating highly ranked OU will always be a rush, they have dominated for so long.

I think Tech rushing was more about how the game was won, walk off 62 yard field goal, and they’ve struggled for many years. The weird one was ISU rushing when they beat us a few weeks ago. We were highly ranked but they were a 7 point favorite. I like that it shows that we’re a respected program now to merit being rushed on.

Edited by 'stache

I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck about field storming.   Was this shit sacrosanct or something?  What are we going to whine about next, new uniform combinations?  Female reporters?  Fake grass? The forward pass?

Grab a fuckin drink and change the channel if your panties bind up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I was at that 95 game (was a sophomore and my mom took me for my birthday). Got to watch some of our fans try to take the sacred grass and yes there was multiple fisticuffs, shoving and some swords (none obviously as well captured or as memorable as the SMU sword incident). We were down pretty low watching and then a full liter bottle of water comes flying up from the field whizzing inches by my mom's head and I was like Clark in St Louis, "roll em up" 

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh so now, the Big XII punishes Baylor?  It's not so much the rape, but the field storming before the rape, that they take issue with?  

What the fuck is wrong with this country?

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh so now, the Big XII punishes Baylor?  It's not so much the rape, but the field storming before the rape, that they take issue with?  

What the fuck is wrong with this country?

Commas. Excessive use of commas is what's wrong with this country.

;)