Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

56 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Do you have a demo break down on that number? 

you mean like age, race, religion, that type of thing?  urban vs rural maybe?

i don't know about the injured, but i can tell you about the dead.  before they got shot they were breathing, and after they got shot they stopped.  i can also tell you the number killed under the age of 10 would make your stomach churn.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you mean like age, race, religion, that type of thing?  urban vs rural maybe?

i don't know about the injured, but i can tell you about the dead.  before they got shot they were breathing, and after they got shot they stopped.  i can also tell you the number killed under the age of 10 would make your stomach churn.

Yes. I’m interested in how it aligns to jazz’s suggestion. 

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes. I’m interested in how it aligns to jazz’s suggestion. 

It's not surprising that my "suggestion" went right over your head.

"White guys" are the majority race/gender demographic.  I'm a white guy.  I want guns off the street.  I'm volunteering/suggesting that white guys be the first to give up their guns, because at this point dipshits like you can't be expected to ever do the right thing, so let's ban 'em all, starting with you and me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not surprising that my "suggestion" went right over your head.

"White guys" are the majority race/gender demographic.  I'm a white guy.  I want guns off the street.  I'm volunteering/suggesting that white guys be the first to give up their guns, because at this point dipshits like you can't be expected to ever do the right thing, so let's ban 'em all, starting with you and me.

It didn’t go over my head. And I’m not sure your math adds up. Which is why I asked. 15+ events, yeah white guys.  4+, eh. Maybe not. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

It didn’t go over my head. And I’m not sure your math adds up. Which is why I asked. 15+ events, yeah white guys.  4+, eh. Maybe not. 

Damn you are dense.  I'm talking about overall population.  59% of Americans are non-Hispanic whites.  Let's assume half are male.  Are you of the opinion that there are any other demographic groups in America with more people than white males?

I want to get as many guns off the streets as possible, tomorrow.  Fuck gun owners.  Ban all guns.  Starting with white males would probably be a pretty good start at getting the most guns gone tomorrow as any.

Is that clear, fatty?

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

wtf does this mean?

anyway, here is the best i could do, there are a lot of useful stats on here - https://www.theviolenceproject.org/key-findings/

i haven't glossed through other than a cursory glance, but 97% are men, and school shootings are huge majority white.  since the demographic breakdown means literally nothing to me, meaning i'm not on anyone's "side" in this, everyone go crazy.

i do know from other searches that "modern mass shootings" (since the assault weapon ban) skew the numbers, and a lot of these charts go back 60+ years, so you have to put some perspective on things regarding race breakdown, gun access, etc, through the decades of living (or trying to live) in america.

one example:

Half of the 36 deadliest mass shootings in the last 120 years occurred in the last decade.

so to get the demographics right, you have to concentrate on the last decade, since they've been happening at a much higher rate lately.

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Damn you are dense.  I'm talking about overall population.  59% of Americans are non-Hispanic whites.  Let's assume half are male.  Are you of the opinion that there are any other demographic groups in America with more people than white males?

I want to get as many guns off the streets as possible, tomorrow.  Fuck gun owners.  Ban all guns.  Starting with white males would probably be a pretty good start at getting the most guns gone tomorrow as any.

Is that clear, fatty?

Clear. Thought maybe you were peddling  some Michael Harriot bullshit. 

Luckily, any banning won’t happen in your lifetime. Or mine.  Will be a conversation for generations down the line.  

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Clear. Thought maybe you were peddling  some Michael Harriot bullshit. 

Luckily, any banning won’t happen in your lifetime. Or mine.  Will be a conversation for generations down the line.  

It's already happened in your lifetime you twat, and it's going to happen again.  We're coming for all the guns.  All of them.  Fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Do you have a demo break down on that number? 

Yeah, 100% of them had guns.

Oh, I suspect you want a racial breakdown...wonder why?

Edited by VRHorn
Somehow missed the last page - oops.

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's already happened in your lifetime you twat, and it's going to happen again.  We're coming for all the guns.  All of them.  Fuck you.

Lol delusional.   The people just learned a valuable lesson on working with the govt wrt their SBRs. That whole ordeal is going to be undone now in what, 90 days?  Record setting year after year after in new sales.   But yeah, I’m sure it’s all going to turn right around because your pussy hurts.  Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol delusional.   The people just learned a valuable lesson on working with the govt wrt their SBRs. That whole ordeal is going to be undone now in what, 90 days?  Record setting year after year after in new sales.   But yeah, I’m sure it’s all going to turn right around because your pussy hurts.  Good luck. 

You have to be the single most dense person on this forum.  You simply don't process any nuance or context.

In case anyone cares, the race/ethnicity of mass shooters in the US falls right in line with overall race/ethnicity demographics:

Mass shooter race/ethnicity:  non-Hispanic white 60%, black 14%, Hispanic 19%

US race/ethnicity:  non-Hispanic white 59%, black 14%, Hispanic 19%

Like I said, start with the white guys.  I'll happily turn in all my guns tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s because you understand they arent  are the problem, but  as the lowest hanging scapegoat common denominator. 

FIFY

Bill Hicks: "There's no connection between having a gun and shooting someone with it, and not having a gun and not shooting someone.... and you'd be a fool and a communist to make one."

https://www.newsweek.com/national-rifle-association-nra-gun-rights-group-membership-finances-issues-1842678

In 2013, Wayne LaPierre, head of the National Rifle Association, boasted that the advocacy group was experiencing unprecedented growth and was on track to have 10 million members.

Ten years on, that's not how things have worked out. In fact, the NRA's membership has shrunk to less than half that, according to some reports, and with declining membership have come declining revenues. That's a cause for celebration among anti-gun groups, who have told Newsweek it is proof that Americans are increasingly outraged by gun violence.

The truth is not quite so simple—but it is clear that the NRA is fading fast from what was once a central position in U.S. politics.

For the very simple reason, the NRA has lost its core audience-sportsmen and self-defense advocates.  It's now largely comprised of preppers and "collectors."  Their membership is dwindling fast because of the association they have with insane policy denial.  However, revenue for many manufacturers is increasing YoY. 

For the other very simple reason...it's stealing candy from a baby.  "Mass shooting?  Open borders?  Democrat in the White House?"  They're coming for your guns---buy more, operators are standing by!  "Republican in the White House?  Stock up while you still can and help defend the Republic!  Operators are standing by!"  

Just a wild fucking coincidence that out of the 7 articles and 27 amendments, there are only a handful of things can be monetized to prove your patriotism.  Alcohol, Arms, and Attorneys.  Last I checked, there was a few bucks to made in each of those three.  With so many manufacturers of firearms turning to private equity money to grow, and stay off the public radar---this is gonna get a fuckton bloodier before it gets any better.  We're less than a decade away from gun leasing using prepaid credit cards via fintech.  Watch.

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

For the very simple reason, the NRA has lost its core audience-sportsmen and self-defense advocates.

And again, this.

American gun culture LONG ago shifted from what I grew up with -- some hunting rifles and shotguns in the closet -- and became a den of hyper-fetishized tricked-out black rifle masturbatory bullshit.

The people who are still into it are FANATICALLY into it.  The rest of us....yeah, we're out.  We bailed YEARS ago (over 30 years ago, for me - I remember the specific gun show that I walked out of saying "nope, not my crowd," and that was that).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

"Authorities believe two people got into an altercation at the flea market before shots were fired from at least two handguns, Pearland police said. Detectives on Sunday worked to interview witnesses and determine how many rounds were fired, police said."

More guns would solve this problem. Abbott needs to call another special session. Our kids' lives depend on more weaponry everywhere so that altercations that happen every day can be safer.

Washington Post publishing some new pictures from mass shooting scenes and a story on the destruction caused by AR-15. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/ar-15-force-mass-shootings/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJyZWFzb24iOiJnaWZ0IiwibmJmIjoxNzAwMTEwODAwLCJpc3MiOiJzdWJzY3JpcHRpb25zIiwiZXhwIjoxNzAxNDkzMTk5LCJpYXQiOjE3MDAxMTA4MDAsImp0aSI6Ijc3NmYyNWM1LWU2OGMtNGNhZC04YTYwLTA0YzI0NzVlMzhjZCIsInVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3N0LmNvbS9uYXRpb24vaW50ZXJhY3RpdmUvMjAyMy9hci0xNS1mb3JjZS1tYXNzLXNob290aW5ncy8ifQ.7efbgSmq81iYz4faf3l_0zqhQg7Wk0bXd93Sk2zOodc&itid=gfta

Sutherland Springs: 

Six rows of brown church pews are covered in dust and debris. One pew has a dark-red blood stain and the red carpet underneath has two large dark-red circles of blood. The church wall is riddled with bullet holes. Investigators stuck a pink rod on the back of one pew to determine a bullet’s trajectory. Text reads: “First Baptist Church, Sutherland Springs, Texas, November 5, 2017. 26 killed.”

Uvalde:

A bullet hole pierces a classroom door, warping its flat surface. Text reads: “Robb Elementary School, Uvalde, Texas. May 24, 2022. 21 killed.”

Uvalde:
Dark red blood collects at the base of a classroom file cabinet. There are two holes in the cabinet that have been tagged with evidence markers. Text reads, “Robb Elementary School, Uvalde.”

Uvalde:

Two children’s backpacks are seen hanging on a classroom wall under a whiteboard. One pack is black, has a Reebok logo and is covered in white dust. The other pack is decorated with hearts and the words “love yourself.” Below the backpacks, is a tiled floor covered in blood. Text reads, “Robb Elementary School, Uvalde.”

Uvalde:

Inside classroom 111, long streaks of blood are seen on a tiled floor. A basketball and school supplies and bullet casings are strewn on the floor. Above a whiteboard in the back of the room a sign reads, “Mr. Reyes” next to a Texas state flag. One the whiteboard in blood, reads “LOL.” Text reads, “Robb Elementary School, Uvalde.”

Uvalde:

Inside classroom 112, children’s desks are haphazardly pushed to one side. The desks are covered in a thin layer of dust. School paper, water bottles and other classroom supplies are seen on top of the desks and on the floor. Two bouquets of flowers sit on one desk. In the back left corner of the room is a dark red pool of blood. A shoe and yellow evidence markers are seen amid the blood. Text reads, “Robb Elementary School, Uvalde.”

Uvalde:

Wet and dried blood is seen on a classroom floor mixed with green evidence markers. The gloved hands and the covered shoes of two workers can been seen. A pair of Nike branded shoe is lying on the floor, its white surface covered in blood. Text reads, “Robb Elementary School, Uvalde.”

Las Vegas:

A field at an outdoor concert venue is seen emptied at night. Bodies are spread across the ground, some huddled together. They are seen at a distance and it is not clear if the people are dead, wounded or aiding others. The field is also strewn with trash and abandoned items. There is a fence alongside the field. Just outside of the fence are two groups of people crouching down. One group is surrounding another person on the ground. In the background is the Las Vegas skyline. Text reads, “Route 91 Harvest festival, Las Vegas.”

"We were standing there looking at the scene and the phones kept ringing and ringing and ringing in the backpacks and on the desk of the parents calling their children. ... They kept calling and calling and calling." Eulalio Diaz, justice of the peace and coroner. Uvalde.

SSBNMABYAMKF5FO2V5L7DSDBPQ_size-normaliz

Just now, Helobious said:

It amazes me how sensitive and mentally weak some people are. There’s no gore or up close pics of dead bodies in any of those. 

LOL, I literally have a pic of a charred corpse on my second monitor as I prepare for a hearing in a murder case. Its a reasonable request and has nothing to do with "mental weakness." Go fuck yourself Helo

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

um, maybe we can spoiler that?

Personal opinion? I think it should be on the front page of every newspaper in America.

But I do realize that the sight of a children's classroom covered in blood from shot children isn't what they want to see. At this point, I can't go back and edit it. 

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

um, maybe we can spoiler that?

Disagree. We are way past the point of that, and it needs to start being plastered everywhere. Maybe, just maybe, it will be an inflection point for some to realize how fucking juvenile they are.

(or we could continue with the now is not the time bs that we as a society are so good at, and continue ignoring it).

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, UnivTex34 said:

Disagree. We are way past the point of that, and it needs to start being plastered everywhere. Maybe, just maybe, it will be an inflection point for some to realize how fucking juvenile they are.

(or we could continue with the now is not the time bs that we as a society are so good at, and continue ignoring it).

Yes, having the members of this board perform one additional click of the mouse is "ignoring" the issue.