2022 LB Kobie McKinzie

TexasFan21

32 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Is it ok to use the “tell me OU didn’t offer you as much money as we did without telling me OU didn’t offer as much money as we did” thing that’s popular with the kids these days?

So far, OU fans who are loud on the internet have been decrying the loss of the amateur ideal. My assumption is that Turnipseed was brought to OU to organized the Sooners bag game/NIL, but that this hadn't been going well.

Interestingly, the Caleb Williams saga appears to opening the eyes of OU boosters to the new reality. Now the claim is that Oklahoma is just poorer than UT, Michigan, Georgia, USC, etc. But OU and Oklahoma the state aren't poorer than Mississippi and Alabama. OU will either start catching up to UT, etc, in paying players NIL (making McKinzie's point moot), or slide into mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, quigley said:

Yes sir. That's why I remarked upon it.

Well then whichever $$$ooner did is a total dipshit ignoramus and/or lying POS. Blowu has been dirty since WWII.

It’s like a Baylor fan being against date rape or a Penn St fan being against pedophelia.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Well then whichever $$$ooner did is a total dipshit ignoramus and/or lying POS. Blowu has been dirty since WWII.

Well, now that's the problem isn't it. There were dirty, got clean, and now need to get dirty again.

You would know this if you were paying attention, which I assume your are and that is just a shtick. If not. bless your heart and all that. 

4 minutes ago, quigley said:

Well, now that's the problem isn't it. There were dirty, got clean, and now need to get dirty again.

You would know this if you were paying attention, which I assume your are and that is just a shtick. If not. bless your heart and all that. 

Right, but the only reason the Oklahoma football program ever got good was a conscious decision by their power brokers that their state needed SOMETHING good going for it and decided to buy the best talent they could find a very long time ago. So they kept being atrociously dirty for 4 decades.

Excuse us if we don't give a shit that they tried to get cleaner after they'd already established their program.

14 minutes ago, quigley said:

Uh huh. Clean. Just like Wilkin$on, $witzer and $toops. It’s not like it’s a blowu business model or anything.

Like I said, if you believe that you’re either a dumbass or a liar or both.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Right, but the only reason the Oklahoma football program ever got good was a conscious decision by their power brokers that their state needed SOMETHING good going for it and decided to buy the best talent they could find a very long time ago. So they kept being atrociously dirty for 4 decades.

Excuse us if we don't give a shit that they tried to get cleaner after they'd already established their program.

I agree with your history.

So was LBJ always a racist, or did he change later in life?

I pointed out the irony of McKenzie's and OU's position in general myself. In addition, I was stating that their insistence on an amateur model now, if real, may be the downfall of the program.

Unlike @Scholz, you don't seem to just be razzing for fun so your absolutist tendencies make discussion unfulfilling.

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Honesty and reality, you sir.

I love ad hominem attacks. They're the sign of someone really grounded in reality.

Please educate me. In the last 10 years, name me ONE recruit OU got that was well known to be on the street agent market?

OU's LOST several players to SEC/Oregon/Ohio St late in their recruitment. Because you're so certain, I'm sure the list will be long and the stories detailed.

If OU's so good at the bag-game, why do they keep losing players? Why did their former coach (Riley) complain about compliance?

Your friends can help you with the list too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, quigley said:

I love ad hominem attacks. They're the sign of someone really grounded in reality.

Please educate me. In the last 10 years, name me ONE recruit OU got that was well known to be on the street agent market?

OU's LOST several players to SEC/Oregon/Ohio St late in their recruitment. Because you're so certain, I'm sure the list will be long and the stories detailed.

If OU's so good at the bag-game, why do they keep losing players? Why did their former coach (Riley) complain about compliance?

Your friends can help you with the list too.

So if you don’t know of someone in the press who was paid to come to the shithole that is Norman, OK, it didn’t happen? Because other schools pay more, blowu is clean? Why do you lose players? Because your town and school suck. Why do blowu coaches make a big deal about appearances of practice time compliance? Because you’re a dirty program and always have been.

I stand corrected. You’re not dishonest, just painfully naive.

10 minutes ago, Scholz said:

So if you don’t know of someone in the press who was paid to come to the shithole that is Norman, OK, it didn’t happen? Because other schools pay more, blowu is clean? Why do you lose players? Because your town and school suck. Why do blowu coaches make a big deal about appearances of practice time compliance? Because you’re a dirty program and always have been.

I stand corrected. You’re not dishonest, just painfully naive.

More information, less name calling.

Most of this board knows, all the big programs funnel some money to programs. There are levels to this though. UT, Michigan, ND, and OU --- ALL have been paying some players (? all) something.

But big money, like Clemson, Ohio St, SEC, Oregon isn't happening at OU --> trust me, Surly would've jumped on it faster than anywhere else.

So when you can back your certainty up with names and stories, come back. Otherwise, your just out over your skis.

Edited by quigley

4 minutes ago, quigley said:

More information, less name calling.

Well you know, quigs, maybe you’re correct. Maybe your program is relatively cleaner these days (although there’s plenty of reason to remain highly skeptical of that assertion). After all, every single one of your national titles was followed by punishment for cheating your asses off. Some title years you couldn’t even play in a bowl game due to probation. Without cheating, you’d be a nothing program just like a nothing state. And since you haven’t won a title in close to a quarter century, like I said, maybe you’re correct.

There’s some info for you.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve had your back here before brother, and this is the hill you choose to die on?

I know a handful of people who are "in the know" at OU, and this is what they've been afraid of for about 3 years now.  The money problems at OU are real.  Apparently Boren destroyed the school financially over the course of his tenure, and they are reeling from it now.  The "we don't have the buyout money" line is true.  And I'll add, Lincoln's biggest issue with the SEC move was that it was done because of money, not because it was in the schools best interest.  He was pissed because it was a desperation move, not a calculated one.  Further, he did ask for more resources, but was told those only came with SEC money, that the school was tapped out in it's current state.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

I know a handful of people who are "in the know" at OU, and this is what they've been afraid of for about 3 years now.  The money problems at OU are real.  Apparently Boren destroyed the school financially over the course of his tenure, and they are reeling from it now.  The "we don't have the buyout money" line is true.  And I'll add, Lincoln's biggest issue with the SEC move was that it was done because of money, not because it was in the schools best interest.  He was pissed because it was a desperation move, not a calculated one.  Further, he did ask for more resources, but was told those only came with SEC money, that the school was tapped out in it's current state.

I hope this is true.  It would be the definition of poetic justice.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, quigley said:

I agree with your history.

So was LBJ always a racist, or did he change later in life?

I pointed out the irony of McKenzie's and OU's position in general myself. In addition, I was stating that their insistence on an amateur model now, if real, may be the downfall of the program.

Unlike @Scholz, you don't seem to just be razzing for fun so your absolutist tendencies make discussion unfulfilling.

LBJ was always a racist. Not sure how you think that's relevant. And no I'm not razzing for fun, I'm just clarifying the situation. I agree that Oklahoma tried to clean things up to an extent the last couple of decades. It's actually one of the reasons the Big 12 survived as long as it did with Texas and OU both trying to avoid the eventually necessary move to the SEC.

But of course as we both know, there's a reason I said to an extent. McKinzie's entire statement is full of crap and we all know it, which is really the only point on this thread. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

This is probably something for the unpopular opinion thread but OU has been a good partner and relatively honorable in their dealings during the 25 years we’ve shared a conference with them, and although they are certainly historically a dirty program I think they’ve reformed themselves and are probably the best team not blatantly cheating on a massive scale over the course of the last decade. 
I’d say Texas could make that clam for the previous decade. 
Fuck OU. 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is probably something for the unpopular opinion thread but OU has been a good partner and relatively honorable in their dealings during the 25 years we’ve shared a conference with them, and although they are certainly historically a dirty program I think they’ve reformed themselves and are probably the best team not blatantly cheating on a massive scale over the course of the last decade. 
Fuck OU. 

Yeah they seem to have their pay in check. Now if they could work on the beating roommates, exes, and random women part, that would be nice. Fuck OU 

• Hook 'Em 3

Fuck OU. 

This is fair…but, they have no issues keeping rapists and criminals on the roster. I’m actually not sure which is worse now that you have presented your case.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

They should charge for sucking dick.

Problem solved.

Hook'em 

giphy.gif

i-love-cock-cock-gobbler.gif

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

LBJ was always a racist. Not sure how you think that's relevant. And no I'm not razzing for fun, I'm just clarifying the situation. I agree that Oklahoma tried to clean things up to an extent the last couple of decades. It's actually one of the reasons the Big 12 survived as long as it did with Texas and OU both trying to avoid the eventually necessary move to the SEC.

But of course as we both know, there's a reason I said to an extent. McKinzie's entire statement is full of crap and we all know it, which is really the only point on this thread. 

21 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Fuck any of you for discussing LBJ when we are discussing Okies.  Don't bring the man down to that level.

LBJ had pieces of Okies in his stool. 

LBJ was self aware of his bigotry, and that's important. I respect that and him a lot.

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol is that what you got out of this particular situation??

No, I think this particular moment in college sports history is kicking off a Wild West of sorts and the face of NCAA football is changed forever. We are positioning ourselves to fight a legal money vs bag money fight against the old guard with their funds, orgs and networks. We are in position to shake some shit up short term and that’s exciting, but we are entering a period of uncertainty and how things play out is far from guaranteed. It will be fun to watch.

My feeling on this episode is a sooner trying to put out neg media towards our strongest pitch point.

24 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

No, I think this particular moment in college sports history is kicking off a Wild West of sorts and the face of NCAA football is changed forever. We are positioning ourselves to fight a legal money vs bag money fight against the old guard with their funds, orgs and networks. We are in position to shake some shit up short term and that’s exciting, but we are entering a period of uncertainty and how things play out is far from guaranteed. It will be fun to watch.

My feeling on this episode is a sooner trying to put out neg media towards our strongest pitch point.

Wait we (the Texas Longhorns) are fighting against an "old guard" of bag money schools that includes Oregon, aggy, and Clemson?

I think you've got your old guard and nouveau riche mixed up.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wait we (the Texas Longhorns) are fighting against an "old guard" of bag money schools that includes Oregon, aggy, and Clemson?

I think you've got your old guard and nouveau riche mixed up.

Was referring to the SEC down the road, but you are right that the nouveaus are the worst offenders

Every recruit that is "hotly" contested between us and the gooners is required to do something in order to burn any bridges to Austin and fire up their fan base.  Even recruits we didn't recruit or showed only a passing interest in sometimes do it.  It's part of their slope-headed okie cosa nostra code.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1