Duncanville / GP North Shore - 6A D1 state title

ztejas

8 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

Anyone know why the announcers keep saying the school district name/initials before North Shore? I didn't see any other schools/announcers doing that. Weird. Superfluous.

I don't think the announcers say Eanes Westlake HS?

I actually did hear them say Eanes Westlake yesterday oddly enough.

10 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

Anyone know why the announcers keep saying the school district name/initials before North Shore? I didn't see any other schools/announcers doing that. Weird. Superfluous.

Because the more qualifiers you put before the school name the more intimidating it sounds. 

52 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

When did UIL go to the 4 teams per district playoff model? My senior year of high school (1995) was the last year of the 2 teams per district model, but they only upped it to 3 teams the following year. 

It's been awhile, probably 10 years or more. There once was a time when you didn't go to the playoffs unless you won the district title. That probably went into the early 80's.

21 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

They wouldn't use Eanes. They'd say Austin Westlake. But you never see that until teams get into the playoffs, usually deeper into the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What's it doing when you click on it? I'm not sure if you have to have a Facebook account or not. 

I don't have Facebook and it works for me.  Someone posted another Facebook link towards the start of the game that did not work, not sure what the difference is.

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I've seen three white guys.

A kicker, center, and wide receiver.

I'm sick of these fucking stereotypes. 

Two kickers. 

Literally all those dudes are latinos. David Amador (receiver that caught winning pass) has a UTSA offer. Would be cool if he goes there, he’d be a hit with the fans. Duncanville & north shore both usually have pretty good kickers, always recruited from the soccer team. 

Interested to see Bailey develop. Starting at QB as a freshman at a school that big and that successful is basically unheard of.