Sugar Bowl - Ole Miss vs Fuck Baylor

Surly Bevo

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well maybe you shouldn't be so bad at reading. Let me help you out a bit. That article doesn't say what you're saying it says. It does not say that there were 1,000 reports of sexual harassment against (or by) UT employees and faculty. It says that UT employees and faculty received 1,000 complaints that include sexual harassment and assault. It goes on to say that in many of the cases the respondent (i.e., the one who allegedly committed the offense) was not affiliated with the university. UT employees must file reports an all reports of sexual harassment, assault, etc. that they receive, including those cases when a student reports to a faculty member that someone who has nothing to do with UT assaulted them.

Again, the article is saying that there were 1,000 reports made to UT employees. Not that the employees were involved in the incident that was reported. You're making things worse, not better, with this hysterical display.

Thanks for the correction (honestly) but LMFAO that "only" 1,000 reports of sexual (and other) harassment had been made to UT staff (including complaints against faculty). 

According to our own 2017 survey, less than 25% of these things are even reported. You confirmed what I am trying to point out. 

We have a giant fucking problem but only seem to want to point fingers at other schools' issues from 7-25 years ago. WTF. How 'bout we clean up our own shit first? Join me with our current problem or do you still need to shit on other schools for stupid crap their admins / coaches did then that are no longer there? Our present issue or someone else's past shit? Your call, pal. 

• Fuck You 12

41 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

And we even have tenured professors who are teaching classes entitled "What is the Age of Consent Among Young Males?" and the "Mythology of Rape". And we are bitching about Penn State and Baylor and calling them PedU and RapeU? GTFOH

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/uncategorized/529226-texas-mythologies-of-rape-professor-files-libel

You can't make this shit up. 

Fucktard, take it to another board. This isn’t the place. 

26 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Sick burn.

It'll be heaven for a coach that can go over .500 against TCU.

We bow to our new Mormon overlords.

Have fun in your SEC basement, kiddo.

Well, look at this uppity bitch. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 1

Baylor, more than any other school in the conference, is deathly afraid of being left behind and regulated to irrelevance in the cesspool college sports has become. It is why, they have made sure there are no Bibles in the room when they execute  various versions of their by any means necessary strategy. They will build anything, pay any price, cross any line to remain relevant. Be it athletics or academics, Baylor will do what it takes to be at the table and not on the menu.

Take the loss, pussy.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

There is no defense for what they did. They fired their President. They fired their AD. They fired their Head Coach. We survey 7,500 of our own students. We then produce a report that shows that 1,000 of our own schools girls being sexually assaulted. And all we do is call it "Unacceptable" but no one is fired? Now THAT is unacceptable. 
We always save the best for last, right? The "report" then says "call the Title IX" department. LOL. You want to know what happens when you call that number? A whole lot of fucking nothing. That's what. 

My point is that at least Baylor had the balls to account for it. We don't do shit but that doesn't stop the idiots here from always pointing the finger north of us when our problem is 10-20x bigger when it comes to actual human lives destroyed.
Now YOU get the fuck outta here, Asshole.

Now I’m no Texas fan but what in the ever loving hell are you on about?

Baylor didn’t have the “balls to account” for shit. They got caught. Period.

And, guess what? Sexual assault and rape are a problem on every college campus. You know why? Because sexual assault and rape are a problem with American men - fuck, with men the world wide.

There’s a special place in hell for rapists.

But there’s an equally special place for the powerful men AND women who cover up and enable the systems that allow rapists to flourish.

Your whatabouting two completely different situations.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Where is our "Texas is the New Rape U" thread? Couldn't find it.  

If this was happening now to your family, you wouldn't be so cavalier. Really.

Fuck off, douche. This doesn’t belong in this thread or on this board. We get it. You went to Baylor and hate that people haven’t forgotten the systemic rape and coverups in Waco. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Now I’m no Texas fan but what in the ever loving hell are you on about?

Baylor didn’t have the “balls to account” for shit. They got caught. Period.

And, guess what? Sexual assault and rape are a problem on every college campus. You know why? Because sexual assault and rape are a problem with American men - fuck, with men the world wide.

There’s a special place in hell for rapists.

But there’s an equally special place for the powerful men AND women who cover up and enable the systems that allow rapists to flourish.

Your whatabouting two completely different situations.

I agree campus rape is an enormous and pervasive issue. 

Our "fans" (none of my buds) feel the urge to call out Baylor as RapeU while we have a culture where 1,000 women a year are raped on our campus. That's called hypocrisy. And there is another special place in hell for hypocrites. 

Baylor's idiot administration (all of whom were fired) let all that happen on their watch. May they all burn in hell. However, we have our own massive issue that continues and no one has the balls to follow McRaven's "drive to zero" plan. Oh, and our Title IX department is a total joke. Hard to serve up video or audio confirmation of being raped after being roofied, don't you think? And, as a "girl", I am sure you would agree with this, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 12

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck off, douche. This doesn’t belong in this thread or on this board. We get it. You went to Baylor and hate that people haven’t forgotten the systemic rape and coverups in Waco. 

Wrong. UT grad school and undergrad. Relatives in the Alumni Hall of Fame also. And fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 9

I'm happy to sign off now and go over to the Baker Mayfield sucks thread (more productive and less emotional for me). I made my point even if you hypocrites won't admit it. 

Baylor had a rape problem. Fuck em but they did something about it.

We have a rape problem. In what I have now learned over the past few weeks, we haven't learned anything. But let's keep calling Baylor RapeU while our sisters/nieces/cousins and (yup) daughters have a 1 in 8 chance of being raped while in Austin.

Yeah us. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 11

21 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Take the loss, pussy.

Relax. No need to get personal. I have begrudging respect for Baylor’s chutzpah. You’re better at the this than most schools. The whole pimping white girls out to rural, unsophisticated black high schoolers was one of the most cynically racist recruiting tactics ever employed by a school. The tragedy is that it worked a bit for Baylor, even if players and coeds paid the ultimate price.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Horns4Horns said:

I'm happy to sign off now and go over to the Baker Mayfield sucks thread (more productive and less emotional for me). I made my point even if you hypocrites won't admit it. 

We have a rape problem. In what I have now learned over the past few weeks, we haven't learned anything. But let's keep calling Baylor RapeU while our sisters/nieces/cousins and (yup) daughters have a 1 in 8 chance of being raped while in Austin.

Yeah us. 

What the hell are you babbling about? "We have a rape problem"? Does Steve Sarkisian and CDC cover up rapes?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Man, i must have missed the part where anyone was OK with people being raped at UT.

It's called hypocrisy, Pam. I'm sure we have professors (probably tenured using my family's donations and taxpayer money) teaching an excellent course on the subject. You can probably take it online.

• Fuck You 8

Yeah us. 

I’m guessing horns4horns has some personal experience that is understandably fueling his outrage, and y’all should maybe lay off.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, harpercollins said:

I’m guessing horns4horns has some personal experience that is understandably fueling his outrage, and y’all should maybe lay off.

No, he's just a bad faith troll. He took a fucking survey that was published by the actual university about students reporting sexual harassment and assault TO the university, and tried to same/same it with what happened at Baylor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

It's called hypocrisy, Pam. I'm sure we have professors (probably tenured using my family's donations and taxpayer money) teaching an excellent course on the subject. You can probably take it online.

you need to move on, you are a blathering idiot and you aren't making any sense in this thread. Sorry someone dateraped your cousin/niece whatever. That doesn't mean UT is just a rapin' away in the AD and covering it up. It's statistically probably the same amount of rape as everywhere else with the same demographic makeup. It's not an excuse, but there have been many policies put into place to try to lower the risk of rape and educate people on campus about what sexual assault is. 

This also isn't a fucking rape discussion thread, it's a god damned bowl game thread. Get back on topic or go post in the literal baylor rape thread that exists.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

you need to move on, you are a blathering idiot and you aren't making any sense in this thread. Sorry someone dateraped your cousin/niece whatever. That doesn't mean UT is just a rapin' away in the AD and covering it up. It's statistically probably the same amount of rape as everywhere else with the same demographic makeup. It's not an excuse, but there have been many policies put into place to try to lower the risk of rape and educate people on campus about what sexual assault is. 

This also isn't a fucking rape discussion thread, it's a god damned bowl game thread. Get back on topic or go post in the literal baylor rape thread that exists.

Happy to do so.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

18 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Wrong. UT grad school and undergrad. Relatives in the Alumni Hall of Fame also. And fuck you.

This is the football board, stupid motherfucker. Can you read?

Baylor rape came up because Baylor’s football program is known for systemic rape. That’s right, your school. Whatever your deflection about Texas students is, it belongs on something OTHER than the football board. Stop defending rape. 

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Sick burn.

It'll be heaven for a coach that can go over .500 against TCU.

We bow to our new Mormon overlords.

Have fun in your SEC basement, kiddo.

Texas will be fine. 
Texas, as a program, is down sometimes. When we’re down, like in the ‘50s, ‘80s and ‘10s, programs like Baylor and TCU (and SMU and Rice, back in the day) get to make hay. 
There is a reason Texas has an overall winning record over every SWC and Big 12 school (and every SEC school exceptVandy😄). 
There is a reason Texas, even after a miserable decade, is sixth all time in college football wins. 
Texas will be fine. 

4 minutes ago, BevosGhost said:

This is the best comedy I've read all day. Thanks for the laughs. Y'all being so butt hurt that BU won Big12 and Sugar Bowl, is hilarious.

Almost as funny as you losing your ass to Kansas. To KANSAS

bwahahahahahahha

I’m missing the butthurt. Elaborate. Or don’t.

You people truly are psychotic. And I guess that’s what it takes to support, embrace, and enable rape. Be proud. 

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m missing the butthurt. Elaborate. Or don’t.

You people truly are psychotic. And I guess that’s what it takes to support, embrace, and enable rape. Be proud. 

Speaking of rape: https://president.utexas.edu/messages-speeches-2017/results-of-sexual-assault-survey

Kansas really raped y'all this year. Think about that..... KANSAS.

UT is nothing but a national joke. Be proud.

• Fuck You 19

5 hours ago, BevosGhost said:

Speaking of rape: https://president.utexas.edu/messages-speeches-2017/results-of-sexual-assault-survey

Kansas really raped y'all this year. Think about that..... KANSAS.

UT is nothing but a national joke. Be proud.

Cute. Horns4Horns is still pissed that Baylor is a world-renowned haven for rapists. He’s definitely a Texas alum, y’all.

You’re mocking us for shortcomings in athletics. We are pointing out that you’re rape-enabling pieces of shit. I get that you’re still mad that the band got broken up and that everyone saw what you people would blindly accept. You’re a terrible human. There is no excuse for that. 

Oh I see, I thought this would turn into the "the Big 12 - Texas and OU will still be bigly awesome" thread, but instead it's a "Baylor isn't that bad, you guys, and ACTUALLY, Texas is worse" thread.

Nuke it.  Fuck Baylor.  Fuck these Baylor trolls who show up with "Horns" or "Bevo" in their username so they can be like "Well I'm ACTUALLY a Texas fan and here's my uncritical, uneducated, unresearched thoughts on why Texas is bad and Baylor is not"

Hate You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I’m sorry, Bearschlong. It’s a Baylor rule that the rape scandal is never discussed except in terms of “Baylor dealt with it and it’s over”. It’s not a rule for anyone else. We still see a school and program that worked and paid its ass off to keep details hidden from light. That’s very telling about the character of an institution and its proponents. 

Some bitter Baylor fans on this board. Thought they'd be happier to see us go. Instead they all sound like the angry whore ex-girlfriend you just dumped, telling you how much worse it'll be without her.

Is it the fact that the during their best decade of football (and our worst) they could only manage to go .500 against us? 

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

Some bitter Baylor fans on this board. Thought they'd be happier to see us go. Instead they all sound like the angry whore ex-girlfriend you just dumped, telling you how much worse it'll be without her.

Is it the fact that the during their best decade of football (and our worst) they could only manage to go .500 against us? 

It's that they won the Big 12, won the Sugar Bowl, and still nobody really cares about them.

The other Texas Big 12 schools are so weird. They have such an inferiority complex. It's unhealthy. I root for most of them, most of the time, when they aren't playing us. We have floated many of them financially for many years. Try being grateful for a change, you rape defenders.

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

It's that they won the Big 12, won the Sugar Bowl, and still nobody really cares about them.

The other Texas Big 12 schools are so weird. They have such an inferiority complex. It's unhealthy. I root for most of them, most of the time, when they aren't playing us. We have floated many of them financially for many years. Try being grateful for a change, you rape defenders.

Except TCU.

Fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, statsman said:

No. He’s trying to figure out how to take the next step up. 

You have no idea what you are talking about.   You don't seem to understand that "fit" matters.  To Aranda, Baylor is a better job than Texas.  Texas fans will think that is ridiculous, but it is absolutely true *TO ARANDA*.  Aranda believes he can win at Baylor *AND* remain faithful to who he is as a person, and his philosophy 'Person over player'.  It's about CULTURE, which is a resource you can't buy but can be every bit as powerful and important as financial resources, etc.  It's why Beard will never be able to compete with Drew.  It's why Aranda was able to turn a 2-7 season into 12-2, and why UT can't seem to do that no matter who they bring in or how much money they spend.  He is not going anywhere, and he would absolutely turn down Texas, just like he did USC, Florida, Oregon, Oklahoma, LSU, and others.  

Edited by Lorena Leopards
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

Maybe you’re right. Maybe he’ll stay at Baylor, by choice. Maybe in two years he will prepare for this schedule:

Tx Southern

@Rice

Texas State

UTSA

@OSU

TT

@TCU

UH

@UCF

KSU

@ISU

Cincy

Not a home or road sellout, not a national broadcast on the schedule. Maybe he’ll look at that and think, “This is why I stayed. This is just what I pointed my career at.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, statsman said:

Maybe you’re right. Maybe he’ll stay at Baylor, by choice. Maybe in two years he will prepare for this schedule:

Tx Southern

@Rice

Texas State

UTSA

@OSU

TT

@TCU

UH

@UCF

KSU

@ISU

Cincy

Not a home or road sellout, not a national broadcast on the schedule. Maybe he’ll look at that and think, “This is why I stayed. This is just what I pointed my career at.”

And, remarkably, you miss the point again. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Your point is nonsensical. You posted about Scott Drew not needing financial resources. It’s like you don’t realize how dirty Baylor basketball has been for over 40 years! The Dotson/Dennehy/Bliss scandal started as an NCAA violation scandal before it became a murder scandal. Drew pays players! 
If you want to believe a bunch of Baylor fan fiction fantasies, have at it. Don’t expect us too, though. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, statsman said:

Your point is nonsensical. You posted about Scott Drew not needing financial resources. It’s like you don’t realize how dirty Baylor basketball has been for over 40 years! The Dotson/Dennehy/Bliss scandal started as an NCAA violation scandal before it became a murder scandal. Drew pays players! 
If you want to believe a bunch of Baylor fan fiction fantasies, have at it. Don’t expect us too, though. 

Ok, man.  If that's what you understood my point to be then I'm completely wasting my time here.  Best of luck to you. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, statsman said:

Just came across this.  If you want to know what the real secret sauce is for Baylor and Drew, Jay Bilas spells it out here.  

1. Baylor Bears

The Bears have been the biggest surprise of the 2021-22 season. The surprise is not that Baylor is really good, but that the Bears may actually be the nation's best team. Remember, Baylor lost Davion Mitchell, MaCio Teague, Jared Butler and Mark Vital from the team that dominated Gonzaga in the national championship game. Yet Baylor has a suffocating defense (ask Villanova) and efficient offense (ask Michigan State), both ranked in the top five in the country. Those who were role players last season are headliners this season, and freshmen Kendall Brown and Jeremy Sochan are legit performers on the big stage.

Baylor is not going unbeaten this year -- no team will. And Baylor will not keep the top spot in The Bilas Index all season long -- no team will. But Baylor will challenge for it all again because of its team defense, established winning culture, collective servant leadership attitude, and its players who have sacrificed and developed together. Along with Gonzaga and Villanova, Baylor has been the most impressive riser in the past 20 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bolded part has to come from the top.  It unquestionably does with Drew (and also with Jerome Tang). It is genuine and encompasses all areas of life for the team.  Maybe there are other ways to establish a culture that wins, I don't know.  All I can tell you is that Drew and Tang are the real deal.  You can dismiss that or you can figure out how to emulate it.  That's your call. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Lorena Leopards said:

Just came across this.  If you want to know what the real secret sauce is for Baylor and Drew, Jay Bilas spells it out here.  

1. Baylor Bears

The Bears have been the biggest surprise of the 2021-22 season. The surprise is not that Baylor is really good, but that the Bears may actually be the nation's best team. Remember, Baylor lost Davion Mitchell, MaCio Teague, Jared Butler and Mark Vital from the team that dominated Gonzaga in the national championship game. Yet Baylor has a suffocating defense (ask Villanova) and efficient offense (ask Michigan State), both ranked in the top five in the country. Those who were role players last season are headliners this season, and freshmen Kendall Brown and Jeremy Sochan are legit performers on the big stage.

Baylor is not going unbeaten this year -- no team will. And Baylor will not keep the top spot in The Bilas Index all season long -- no team will. But Baylor will challenge for it all again because of its team defense, established winning culture, collective servant leadership attitude, and its players who have sacrificed and developed together. Along with Gonzaga and Villanova, Baylor has been the most impressive riser in the past 20 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bolded part has to come from the top.  It unquestionably does with Drew (and also with Jerome Tang). It is genuine and encompasses all areas of life for the team.  Maybe there are other ways to establish a culture that wins, I don't know.  All I can tell you is that Drew and Tang are the real deal.  You can dismiss that or you can figure out how to emulate it.  That's your call. 

why-the-fuck-are-you-here-why.gif

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Who is the "We" you reference? The Texas Big 12 school grads that I know (esp the Tech and Coug High dudes) are pissed off  at the arrogance of us saying "WE have floated them financially for years" when pretty much all of them live in Texas and pay state and local taxes "that allows us to float them financially". I laugh but they aren't wrong. It will be interesting to see if the PUF legislation goes anywhere. Smart of them to exclude A&M from getting harmed in the potential state constitution amendment.

WE (there's that pesky word again) may have traded an additional $30mm / year in ESPN SEC TV revenue for a billion dollars in PUF damage to our school's P&L.

It's okay. WE are in the right on this. Right, Pete?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 6

28 minutes ago, Horns4Horns said:

Who is the "We" you reference? The Texas Big 12 school grads that I know (esp the Tech and Coug High dudes) are pissed off  at the arrogance of us saying "WE have floated them financially for years" when pretty much all of them live in Texas and pay state and local taxes "that allows us to float them financially". I laugh but they aren't wrong. It will be interesting to see if the PUF legislation goes anywhere. Smart of them to exclude A&M from getting harmed in the potential state constitution amendment.

WE (there's that pesky word again) may have traded an additional $30mm / year in ESPN SEC TV revenue for a billion dollars in PUF damage to our school's P&L.

It's okay. WE are in the right on this. Right, Pete?

The only school Texas is “floating” is broke ass Oklahoma. 

44 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The only school Texas is “floating” is broke ass Oklahoma. 

Pretty much. Yup. 

You agree with Lincoln Riley's rumored excuse that he was not "consulted" by OU brass on the Big12 - to - SEC departure? That can't be true, right? I go back and forth as to whether or not I believe it. More likely, Mrs. Riley wanted to move away from all the candy he's been tasking in and around Norman. Although I'm not sure moving to LA makes that better. In fact, quite the opposite. LOL.

• Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, Lorena Leopards said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.   You don't seem to understand that "fit" matters.  To Aranda, Baylor is a better job than Texas.  Texas fans will think that is ridiculous, but it is absolutely true *TO ARANDA*.  Aranda believes he can win at Baylor *AND* remain faithful to who he is as a person, and his philosophy 'Person over player'.  It's about CULTURE, which is a resource you can't buy but can be every bit as powerful and important as financial resources, etc.  It's why Beard will never be able to compete with Drew.  It's why Aranda was able to turn a 2-7 season into 12-2, and why UT can't seem to do that no matter who they bring in or how much money they spend.  He is not going anywhere, and he would absolutely turn down Texas, just like he did USC, Florida, Oregon, Oklahoma, LSU, and others.  

This all sounds very familiar.  It's almost like Baylor fans were saying exactly the same thing about Matt Rhule a couple years ago, right up to the time Rhule left.

7 hours ago, statsman said:

Tx Southern

@Rice

Texas State

UTSA

@OSU

TT

@TCU

UH

@UCF

KSU

@ISU

Cincy

Actually, that looks like a fast track to a playoff spot to me.    Some combo of OSU, UH, ISU, and Cincy will be ranked high enough to validate the schedule.   If you run through that and go 12-0 or even 11-1 and win the B12 CCG, you're almost certainly in the playoff. 

No 'bama, Georgia, LSU, or even OU; that road seems doable.    

55 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Baylor fans want so desperately to be aggy.  Think about that for a second lol.

I was talking to a very wealthy Baylor alum over the holidays. He was very excited to say that Aranda loved Waco because he could perpetually go 7-5 there and the fanbase would be just fine with it. They have no real delusions of grandeur like aggy.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1