USMNT 2022

Napoleon

Tonight is basically a friendly. US will come out with some fire and a good lineup just to avoid a worst case scenario but assuming it's 1-0 or something at half (even 0-0) I'm sure we see some early subs and mainly work on getting guys experience. (i.e. if Pulisic plays more than 45 I think Tuchel might kill Greg)

• Hook 'Em 1

CR can play dumb, but it's pretty much a known thing - yellow accumulation will cost CR players in the playoff against New Zealand (just went final 5-0).

Frankly, I think we should score early and make sure they have no doubt this is just a walk through. Then do ztejas says and get people some work.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Frankly, I think we should score early and make sure they have no doubt this is just a walk through

And not to be cocky but I think that's what's going to happen. The CR yutes will probably come out plucky but they aren't going to park it or CONCACAF this thing up. Open the game up and we'll score. Granted they might score, too.

Edited by ztejas

5 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Costa Rica has scored more than 1 goal in 3 of their 13 WCQ matches, vs El Salvador twice and Honduras, both bottom feeders.   They have yet to score more than 2.  The last time they did, they scored 3 vs Guadeloupe, 20 matches ago.  

So we're OK unless the ref adds like 180 minutes of stoppage time? 

• Haha 2

Floating through Twitter and I found this one by Pulisic after the loss in Couva. A really good read about how he was reflecting on the loss and what his thoughts were. As we sit on the edge of officially qualifying, I recommend the read.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/christian-pulisic-usmnt-world-cup

image.thumb.png.cbd3eb01f8f6761af260f9bbd44aa402.png

And one more thing @Helobious

On 3/28/2022 at 8:32 PM, Captain Ron said:

And you're still a moron. They aren't losing popularity. People are frustrated (hence losing passion and pride). That isn't the same as them not being followed. These are the Cleveland Brown or the Houston Texans. This is their national team. They aren't losing popularity.

You say Mexico is going to stop following their national team, no fucking way (emphasis mine):

Soccer … it’s just this way of life in other countries. It’s part of the fabric of who they are, and of what they do. There’s this sense of identity that I think is baked into global soccer — that touches everyone, and connects everyone together. If your city’s club team is having success, or if your national team is having success, there’s just this amazing sense of personal pride that comes with it. I saw a spark of that with Clint’s goal in 2014 — it almost felt like that one moment changed the mood of the entire country. And it’s hard to put into words how powerful that is.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Like 1

Clint's goal yes, but the moment I felt that football truly, TRULY arrived in the states was 90 minutes later with Brooks' goal. I still watch those reaction videos from time to time. Americans got focused on football and there's no turning back. Couva was a blip that needed to happen to get our shit strait (the hiring of GERGG aside)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Mexico in black has been a hit with a younger generation. But the bulk of their fans do want to see them in green again. According to leaks, they are going to come the World Cup. This is the World Cup uniform (note the new crest)

supuesto-nuevo-uniforme-de-mexico.jpg_2017482976.jpg

This one's scratching his ass, and this one is scratching his ass, and this guys saying "whadaya  want from me"?

(But yes, this is what the Mexico uniform should always be.)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

lol.. altidore wanted that ball too..

bruh....i was only 2 sips into my beer..

goal went in.. bar exploded......table got bumped... no more beer.. didn't care.... huggin slappin hands with strangers 

image.png.409c5a14fd53f8589fcebe87215f9665.png

It was awesome. As was JJ against Portugal.

What ever happened to that Julian Green kid? Is he floating around in a 2nd tier league somewhere in Europe? Dude was like Freddy Adu 2.0. Nagbe too, another hyped up kid that never did anything. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It was awesome. As was JJ against Portugal.

What ever happened to that Julian Green kid? Is he floating around in a 2nd tier league somewhere in Europe? Dude was like Freddy Adu 2.0. Nagbe too, another hyped up kid that never did anything. 

He plays for Greuther Fürth in the Bundesliga (on loan from Stuttgart).

They are in dead last and are almost guaranteed to be relegated. 

7 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Mexico in black has been a hit with a younger generation. But the bulk of their fans do want to see them in green again. According to leaks, they are going to come the World Cup. This is the World Cup uniform (note the new crest)

It's why they are called El Tri, or Los Tricolores, for crying out loud.

Classic kits and I love to see them. But I'm kind of an old so I guess my opinion is consistent with my demographic.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Welp....

image.gif.e7c5e985f463ea24e6cb678356856bad.gif

7 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

They should go with the socks on the right and on their white pants the eagle should cover their left leg while the beak and claws hold the snake that is lined up over the center seam of their shorts. 😆

BCDB1C62-5EF4-4392-B21C-ADED1D699892.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Because that’s how they play, and now they have their B team.  They are gonna give us 75% possession. 

Hmm. We'll see. I wasn't thinking they'd toss out any chance at 6-0 from the jump but you may be right. 

Also - if they're just gonna line up and play for a draw I think they're in trouble against this US lineup. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

The CBSSN prematch crew is fantastic.

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Deuce alone takes it to 11.

Y'all think Clint hitting that shit? With the shades on too?

Not gonna lie I thought he and Kate had a little moment there. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1