Chipotle’s in adobo marinade

Rockethorn1978

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Chicken or pork. 

I remember seeing a thread on old shaggy and some recipes for a marinade. Finding it has been a bitch. The most I’ve done is a can with yogurt.  

Look at the recipe I linked above.  I'd double most of it, but especially the shallots, adobo, and chili powder.  You really can't fuck it up.  Adding citrus to the marinade can make meat mealy if left on too long, so I use it more to finish or I'll add zest from the rind for the flavor while grilling.  A splash of orange juice in the marinade is a nice add if brushing it on.  Just take the meat out, pour the marinade in a bowl and whisk in some citrus.  Then, brush it on the meat and use it to baste while grilling.  Works for chicken, pork, and scrimps.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I take a couple spoonfuls of sauce from this and put it into my chili for extra flavor and heat.

086FAFD7-9BF3-4A5F-A881-88CB8C696468.jpeg

We liquify a couple of cans of this from time to time and use what we need for the current cook, then freeze the rest and use as needed.  Great flavor for lots of what we like to eat.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I take a couple spoonfuls of sauce from this and put it into my chili for extra flavor and heat.

This is more accurate to me than the "I put that shit on everything" that has been appropriated by Eli fucking Manning and Frank's Red Hot. Throw a whole jar of diced into whatever ground meat I'm making into tacos? Yes. In my chili? Yes. Mixed with mayo? Yes. Stuff is a flavor bonanza. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I'll dice them up and mix it with a block of cream cheese for a quick and easy dip. I'll dip celery and pork rinds in there if I'm doing low carb, ritz if I'm not.

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of recipes en adobo, I made some filipino style adobo chicken this week that was a huge winner in our house. Add some pureed chipotles to give it a smoky heat for extra flavor. What I really appreciate with this dish is the biting acidity from the vinegar....Here's a good recipe in video form. I just used a mix of apple cider and white vinegar and regular soy sauce. I also had some onions I needed to use so i threw those in to start.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:17 AM, SydneyCarton said:

This is more accurate to me than the "I put that shit on everything" that has been appropriated by Eli fucking Manning and Frank's Red Hot. Throw a whole jar of diced into whatever ground meat I'm making into tacos? Yes. In my chili? Yes. Mixed with mayo? Yes. Stuff is a flavor bonanza. 

Adobo sauce mixed in mayo is my secret weapon for backyard burgers. Everyone that tries it goes nuts, and it's so simple. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Not sure of the recipe that you're looking for but I actually just cooked some chicken breast last night that I had marinated with a marinade that includes chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, I've done this marinade several times over the years.  For the marinade, you use olive oil, honey, some cut chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, diced onion, and a little bit of salt, pepper, and cumin.  I like it, it's got a bit of a sweet taste to it but if you're not into that, just cut out the honey from the recipe.  I think it comes out pretty good, I usually eat it straight or cut it up and mix it into some rice, my girlfriend usually cuts hers up and puts into it a salad. 

3 hours ago, justinjc7 said:

Not sure of the recipe that you're looking for but I actually just cooked some chicken breast last night that I had marinated with a marinade that includes chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, I've done this marinade several times over the years.  For the marinade, you use olive oil, honey, some cut chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, diced onion, and a little bit of salt, pepper, and cumin.  I like it, it's got a bit of a sweet taste to it but if you're not into that, just cut out the honey from the recipe. 

Try substituting the honey with an equal amount of dijon mustard, or if you want a little sweet, honey dijon.

20 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Only thing I’ve ever used them for is chili but this thread has given me some great ideas. 

Just taking a can of La Costeña chipotles (fuck Goya) and blending them gives a great base to work with. You can use them by themselves as a sauce or marinade or enhance them in any number of ways. You can add it to other sauces. You can use it to make chipotle mayonnaise which happens to go really well with a turkey, bacon, and Swiss sandwich (or, I’m sure, many other sandwich combinations). That would probably also go well in potato salad. There really are endless possibilities when you think about it 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Just taking a can of La Costeña chipotles (fuck Goya) and blending them gives a great base to work with. You can use them by themselves as a sauce or marinade or enhance them in any number of ways. You can add it to other sauces. You can use it to make chipotle mayonnaise which happens to go really well with a turkey, bacon, and Swiss sandwich (or, I’m sure, many other sandwich combinations). That would probably also go well in potato salad. There really are endless possibilities when you think about it 

Fucking A HA lightbulb moment right there. I've never heard of this, I've never thought of this, but that sounds fucking genius:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chipotle+Potato+Salad&oq=Chipotle+Potato+Salad