Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Flour tortilla = breakfast tacos,  accompaniment to any kind of mexican breakfast, fajitas

Corn tortilla = street tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, homemade tortilla chips

The Mexican lady who is the cook at Ferris Bar and Grill makes the chips this way and they have to be high on my list of best tortilla chips ever. Cuts every corn tortilla herself and fries those things up almost right before your eyes! 

• Drool 2

15 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

The Mexican lady who is the cook at Ferris Bar and Grill makes the chips this way and they have to be high on my list of best tortilla chips ever. Cuts every corn tortilla herself and fries those things up almost right before your eyes! 

At one of our hospital cafeterias back when I used to have to go in to work, we had a fry cook who made the best migas I've ever had and one of the keys was that he would slice up fresh corn tortillas and fry the strips for the migas as he was cooking the eggs and other fixins.  No bagged tortilla strips for him! He left after about a year and I've been in mourning ever since.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

I like to grease a pan liberally (like, douse with olive oil) and put whole corn tortillas with sprinkled cheese on top in the oven at like 400°. It isn't quite like deep frying them because they stay a little chewy but you get some nice crisp on em. Serve it with sour cream and liberal hot sauce. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2