Rachel Dolezal (Former NAACP leader exposed as white faces fraud charges)

JimmyHoffa

Whoops-

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A former NAACP leader in Washington state whose life unraveled after she was exposed as a white woman pretending to be black has been charged with welfare fraud.

Nkechi Diallo, known as Rachel Dolezal before she legally changed her name in 2016, was charged this week with theft by welfare fraud, perjury and false verification for public assistance, Spokane news station KHQ-TV reported Thursday.

She illegally received $8,747 in food assistance and $100 in child care assistance from August 2015 through November 2017, court documents said.

An investigation started in March 2017 when a Washington state investigator received information that Diallo had written a book. The investigator reviewed Diallo's records and found that she had been reporting her income as usually less than $500 per month, court documents said.

A subpoena for her self-employment records, which included copies of her bank statements, showed Diallo had deposited nearly $84,000 into her bank account between August 2015 and September 2017, without reporting most of it to the Department of Social and Health Services.

The money came from authoring her memoir, "In Full Color," speaking engagements, soap making, doll making, and the sale of her art, according to the case file.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rachel-dolezal-accused-welfare-fraud-race-scandal-061933837.html

This lady cannot catch a break.

As horribly funny as it is, I do think that if you can't assume someone's gender then you shouldn't be able to assume someone's race either and if this was a lady who identified as a man and not a white lady identifying as a black lady, she would not have endured the same shame and ridicule and, without knowing more about this fraud case, potential scrutiny about some pretty run-of-the-mill anti-social/poor people behavior. The LGBT machine has been around a lot longer and wields substantial mindshare with the public in garnering sympathy and compassion compared to a crossing racial lines group, is my take.

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

As horribly funny as it is, I do think that if you can't assume someone's gender then you shouldn't be able to assume someone's race either and if this was a lady who identified as a man and not a white lady identifying as a black lady, she would not have endured the same shame and ridicule and, without knowing more about this fraud case, potential scrutiny about some pretty run-of-the-mill anti-social/poor people behavior. The LGBT machine has been around a lot longer and wields substantial mindshare with the public in garnering sympathy and compassion compared to a crossing racial lines group, is my take.

Or she's just a con artist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

Or she's just a con artist.

That's what the first trans people had to hear too. Sad. Low energy accusations of people who don't identify as cisgendered or cisrace.

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That's what the first trans people had to hear too. Sad. Low energy accusations of people who don't identify as cisgendered or cisrace.

Whatever she identifies as has nothing to do with not reporting income to welfare services. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Whatever she identifies as has nothing to do with not reporting income to welfare services. 

I mean, it could be argued possibly that it's assimilating a cultural norm, in some blighted and poverty-stricken urban environments lol. I say urban so people don't confuse her as identifying as Appalachia people who also have a cultural norm of doing this sort of financial buggery.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I mean, it could be argued possibly that it's assimilating a cultural norm, in some blighted and poverty-stricken urban environments lol. I say urban so people don't confuse her as identifying as Appalachia people who also have a cultural norm of doing this sort of financial buggery.

When you report $500 a month in income to receive benefits and then fail to report $84K in payments to the state it doesn't matter if you are white, black, purple, straight, LGBQT, you are committing fraud. It's as simple as that.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

When you report $500 a month in income to receive benefits and then fail to report $84K in payments to the state it doesn't matter if you are white, black, purple, straight, LGBQT, you are committing fraud. It's as simple as that.  

I agree.

13 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

So she not only identifies as black, but also as the stereotypical welfare queen?

You're trolling right?

• Like 1

I'm playing fast and loose, but no I'm not trolling. I do believe with sincerity that her ordeal definitely caused more scrutiny on her, which is indirectly a fall-out of her initial situation which was hilarious but also a bit tragic in the sense that identifying as race should be just as legitimate as identifying as a gender, as both are social constructs, otherwise she would have just faded into the rest of Americans who commit benefit fraud. I do agree that it is a crime regardless of her backstory or history and it's good this has been pursued once discovered though.

15 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I'm playing fast and loose, but no I'm not trolling. I do believe with sincerity that her ordeal definitely caused more scrutiny on her, which is indirectly a fall-out of her initial situation which was hilarious but also a bit tragic in the sense that identifying as race should be just as legitimate as identifying as a gender, as both are social constructs, otherwise she would have just faded into the rest of Americans who commit benefit fraud. I do agree that it is a crime regardless of her backstory or history and it's good this has been pursued once discovered though.

She also wouldn't have made $84K on a book that caused her to commit benefit fraud either. 

Watched the Rachel Divide on a Netflix about her. Part of me thinks she is a con artist but part of me thinks she could actually believe what she says. 

Either way, isn’t it the same thing as transgender?

You were born X, but you feel you are Y. Therefore you go through changes to become Y. What is the difference? I think it’s funny that a lot of people who accept transgender don’t accept transracial 

One of the main arguments was she hasn’t had to struggle like a real black woman? Well a man hasn’t had to struggle like a real woman, cramps, periods, harassment? Isn’t it the same thing?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Watched the Rachel Divide on a Netflix about her. Part of me thinks she is a con artist but part of me thinks she could actually believe what she says. 

Either way, isn’t it the same thing as transgender?

You were born X, but you feel you are Y. Therefore you go through changes to become Y. What is the difference? I think it’s funny that a lot of people who accept transgender don’t accept transracial 

One of the main arguments was she hasn’t had to struggle like a real black woman? Well a man hasn’t had to struggle like a real woman, cramps, periods, harassment? Isn’t it the same thing?

Exactly.

Which is why the only conclusion I could draw was that the LGBT community has organized, communicated and ingratiated their message and struggle with those who would be compassionate to such things and the TransRace community or whatever is still a social oddity with no power or persuasion. That's okay, these things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day and the Transacceptance stuff wasn't an overnight phenomenon (and most I hear argue it's still not even close to a success in mainstream America).

I have to fight my internal instincts to laugh and poke fun at someone like Rachel, because it is initially ridiculous because I don't get it, but I feel she deserves the same respect and kindness as a transperson whose identification or whatever might seem ridiculous to others who don't get it.

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

It’s different than transsexual because race is entirely different than gender.

Sure? It’s nominally different. Like saying Blue is different than Red because they are entirely different colors, but they share the same construct of being colors. Race is not Gender, but they are both socially- and fluid- constructs. At least that’s how I was taught gender was different from sex, st least. I grant I could be wrong 

I feel for people in a tough bind, so I whole heartedly support our welfare system, but if you fuck it over you should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Race, gender, or whatever else you identify with you shouldn’t get a free pass.  I’ll wait until we get the full story (she’s married) to pass judgment, but this seems bad.  

Sure? It’s nominally different. Like saying Blue is different than Red because they are entirely different colors, but they share the same construct of being colors. Race is not Gender, but they are both socially- and fluid- constructs. At least that’s how I was taught gender was different from sex, st least. I grant I could be wrong 

The difference being that gender is fluid and the biology is less so. Someone is trans because the two don’t match. With race, there is no mismatch because the entire thing is a social construct. You can identify with black culture and immerse yourself in it. Pretending that you are and have always been a black person, and that you have the shared experience which is essentially what it is to be black when you do not - that’s different. She did an extreme version of that.

I guess it gets fuzzy if you don’t think that gender is actually fluid, or if you want to draw comparisons between what Dolezal did and maybe a trans woman really trying to fabricate a history as a cisgender female. But just a comparison of Dolezal to a transgender person, I don’t think it’s hard to see how that is different.
  • Like 1

If you have a dick you are male and if you have a pussy you are female no matter what country you are in.

It's black and white.

But in America we have this "one drop" rule where if you are visibly African American, you are black. If you are not visibly African American you are white. (I understand that in some countries, like the Dominican Republic, the opposite rule prevails, where if you are visibly part white, you are white.) 

That's a subjective judgment. It's not likely but it is possible that someone who is of more than half African heritage could pass for white.

But except in extremely rare cases, like hermaphrodites, the junk we are born with don't lie. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding...but what? 

All social constructs are equal but some are more equal than others

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/transracial-vs-transgender-whats-the-difference_us_58dd5f83e4b0fa4c09598748

so I just read this article that make sense of it. 

Additionally, one twin study, which looked at transgender siblings, found that 33 percent of male and 23 percent of female identical twins were both transgender, compared to just 2.6 percent of fraternal twins. And in a genetics study, male-to female transgender people were more likely to have a longer version of a receptor gene, which reduced the gene’s ability to bind testosterone. The gene’s binding of testosterone helps form male sex characteristics.

So even though Rachel feels black, it’s not based on any biology inside her, or genetics. It’s based on experience. 

Transgender is based on biology. 

Which begs the question, if transgender is a genetic oddity, couldn’t we eradicate with genetic screening? 

I think I’m going to take this to CR

18 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

no. some people are just fucked up, its not hard to understand, there is no deeper meaning. rachel d. is one of them. not talking about transgender, thats CR. talkign about transracial. thats some loaded up bullshit, don't exist.

Edited by achooloco
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Exactly.

Which is why the only conclusion I could draw was that the LGBT community has organized, communicated and ingratiated their message and struggle with those who would be compassionate to such things and the TransRace community or whatever is still a social oddity with no power or persuasion. That's okay, these things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day and the Transacceptance stuff wasn't an overnight phenomenon (and most I hear argue it's still not even close to a success in mainstream America).

I have to fight my internal instincts to laugh and poke fun at someone like Rachel, because it is initially ridiculous because I don't get it, but I feel she deserves the same respect and kindness as a transperson whose identification or whatever might seem ridiculous to others who don't get it.

Man i can't wait until the transrace community unites.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/transracial-vs-transgender-whats-the-difference_us_58dd5f83e4b0fa4c09598748

so I just read this article that make sense of it. 

So even though Rachel feels black, it’s not based on any biology inside her, or genetics. It’s based on experience. 

Transgender is based on biology. 

Which begs the question, if transgender is a genetic oddity, couldn’t we eradicate with genetic screening? 

I think I’m going to take this to CR

Trying to avoid CR-ness here. I think you make a valid point, but one that perhaps suggests that instead of pumping them full of hormones that will go against their biological sex, it might be more effective and less harmful to find ways of promoting testosterone binding, or using hormone therapy in a more limited way to compensate for the genetic issue.

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Ruby - one is a social construct one is not.

Look, i might be wrong about this and I’m sorry if so, but my understanding from trans people educating me on difference between gender and sex years ago led me to this understanding. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong but that doesn’t mean you should call me a woman name and engage in ad hominem. Lastly, I apologize if I’ve offended you in your journey or if I’ve assumed your gender, but when you have “man” in your name, one is quick to assume I guess.