Texas @ College of Charleston/Citadel - March 15/16 - Midweek Thread

zlavydra

8 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

I don't know. Plenty of dudes can play competent 3b. He's becoming a black hole in the line up. His swing is way too long.

And having an great to elite defensive 3rd baseman is great, but it’s a tad but like first base, you gotta have SOME pop. Melendez is pretty much the perfect college first baseman. Cam last year and Stehly this year, though different types of hitters, is the type of production our 3rd baseman should have every year 

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I was wrong when I said Sunday that we are now just a very good top 20 college baseball team.

We aren’t even that.

Well we are when Hansen and Stevens are pitching. Them just happening to have substandard starts last weekend was very demoralizing for me.

Rough start but I am still hoping we find some life in this soft part of the schedule.

Edited by Valmy77

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I was wrong when I said Sunday that we are now just a very good top 20 college baseball team.

We aren’t even that.

Pitching has to get their shit together -- then Horns "could be" a good top  20 college baseball team.

Charleston bringing in their weekend starter to pitch the 7th

Edited by LTtxfan
Shit or shot... WTF

13 minutes ago, Cajun said:

We aren’t even that.

Our potential is a legit top 5/title contender. Key word “potential”. I mean we took a team with Jake McKenzie at first and a bunch of rag tags and an Italian dude behind Kingham and Shugart. It’s gonna take a minute to figure out 3rd/4th starter. Would really like to see Gordon moved back to the pen. He seems more comfortable that way. And surely we can pull a Bocchi with Duplantier and Cobb. Hopefully. Maybe. Yeah grasping at straws here but eh. We got plenty of time to put it together for the regionals 

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I was noticing that starting to creep back last weekend. Nothing we haven't seen before. Hope it doesn't last long.

Yeah, Texas not making contact more often  sucks...

All 3 outs last two inning have been strike outs

Edited by LTtxfan