At an gym, dude "accidentally" drops 20kg weight on another dude's head, Gets 19 months jail

crash_davis

thought about posting this in gym pet peeves but thought it deserved it's own thread. doesn't seem to be a motive than the dude is an asshole extraordinaire.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10634025/amp/Darwin-man-jailed-dropping-20-kilogram-weight-gym-goers-head.html

Horrifying CCTV shows NT gym goer dropping 20kg weight on another man

Victim suffered fractured skull, face swelling and is still traumatised by attack

Shane William Ryan, 33, jailed 19 months with non-parole period of 10 months

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

What's the backstory here? Dude on the bench steal the other guy's girlfriend or something? Cause that wasn't a fucking "accident '

Dude’s gf tripped and accidentally fell on the other guy’s dick.  So it could be a “fucking” accident 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

from the article, neither parties really knew each other and there was no beef.

Well he's got some mental problems then

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

That's what you get for fucking around with that metric shit to begin with.

I remember in 6th grade having to learn that metric shit because they said it was about to take over as the standard for measurement everywhere. I was in 6th grade in 1980. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I remember in 6th grade having to learn that metric shit because they said it was about to take over as the standard for measurement everywhere. I was in 6th grade in 1980. 

Started in the 70's. There was some conversion act or some shit that was going to standardize everything globally. One happy family. I had to learn Imperial gallons and how to convert just to find out they were more or less obsolete. We had interstate signs in dual mi/km. Some gas stations sold by the liter which caused many a misunderstanding. I want to blame this on Gerald Ford somehow.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Try doing the conversion in your head after you’ve been drinking all day on an overseas trip and are ordering a steak at dinner.  I ended up with a really big steak.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

And 1981...and 1982...

• Haha 2

On 3/23/2022 at 12:45 PM, Trey3216 said:

Dude’s gf tripped and accidentally fell on the other guy’s dick.  

All right, Shady.  Maybe he's right, Grady.  But think about the baby before you get all crazy.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Pet peeve of mine:

If you are using the metric system, its a 20 kg mass. If you are using standard, its a 44 pound weight.

Its never a 20 kg weight.

Well, there is lb (mass) and lbf (weight or force), and kg (mass) and kgf (weight or force). 20 kg mass has a weight of 20 kgf (196 N on Earth). Similarly 44 lb mass has a 44 lbf weight (I am not going to find the g value in these funny units).

Edited by AeroHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1