2022 Masters - The Return of Tiger

Jive Turkey

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

364 !!!

Wind at his back.  #2 is big slope downhill as well.

I just hope Tiger doesn’t stubborn himself into an amputation.  Crazy shit.  Watching him walk off #1 green on Thursday I said to a friend there is no way he makes 72 holes.  I am probably going to be wrong.  Impressive as hell.

58 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

especially in contrast to guys like speith and Rory as posted earlier about the success and money making it tough to maintain that drive to be great. 

Agree. Tiger is just different.

(oh, wait - Tiger and Scottie Scheffler are just different - didn't mean to offend Pam's dumb ass)

Edited by ztejas

https://golf.com/news/64-year-old-foot-away-masters-driving-history

langer was almost perfect off the tee thur and fri. missed one fairway by a foot

#csb - i was behind at the lunch buffet at the Texas Sr Open (Oak Hills). damn he took forever making his plate of all salad. like i wanted to jump ahead of him because the prime rib roast looked damn great, but I showed him respect and waited behind him. took me about 15 seconds to make a small salad. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I miss, I miss, I miss, I make. 
I took 6 to get down from pin high the last time out. I love Tiger but every now and again it’s nice to see the pros do something like that. 

Solid deep cut there. Rep to you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Im assuming Tiger is the oldest player left in the field? Technically only two players older than he is now have ever won a major (Jack was a month younger than Tiger is now back in 86). It was always going to be a tough hill to climb but add in the injury and some tough course conditions and this has been pretty impressive.

So let’s assume he’s on some crazy prosthetic that would allow him to lead a normal life up to and including walking around Augusta in tournament conditions, make the cut, and be a few missed putts on Friday out of reasonably being considered in contention.

Why would he keep that a secret?

Just now, ConferenceRoom said:

So let’s assume he’s on some crazy prosthetic that would allow him to lead a normal life up to and including walking around Augusta in tournament conditions, make the cut, and be a few missed putts on Friday out of reasonably being considered in contention.

Why would he keep that a secret?

I don’t know. I was being hyperbolic to sell the point of how weird it looked to see his leg appear to flex like it did. 

But I do recall that Kerry von Erich lost his foot in his motorcycle accident and kept that a secret for some reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if woods declines to play tomorrow. He's got no chance of winning. Does he really want to limp around tomorrow & do more damage to his leg just to hopefully gut out a top 20?

Then again, he's got access to the best painkillers & maybe he's gonna ride the opioid dragon for 72 holes.

Tiger isn't quitting,  it's cold and the cold causes shrinkage, tightens everything up and makes pain more painful. Dude is tougher than 10 guys full on budweiser and methamphetamine. 

And no one should ever use putter off the greens at Augusta 

2 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Tiger isn't quitting,  it's cold and the cold causes shrinkage, tightens everything up and makes pain more painful. Dude is tougher than 10 guys full on budweiser and methamphetamine. 

And no one should ever use putter off the greens at Augusta 

says who?

53 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

No doubt his leg is all kinds of borked. I hope Twilight isn’t right about him just getting it going enough to play Augusta and maybe the Open before shutting it down.

Honestly?  I fucking love Tiger. He makes the golf fun. But if he came back just to play Augusta and St Andrew’s for the 150th open and go Out on his own terms?  I’d consider that a blessing as a sports fan to get to see that. 

Honestly?  I fucking love Tiger. He makes the golf fun. But if he came back just to play Augusta and St Andrew’s for the 150th open and go Out on his own terms?  I’d consider that a blessing as a sports fan to get to see that. 

Fair point, can’t argue with it. My perspective is that Tiger is the reason I love golf. I was 11 when my dad told me to look at this kid lapping the field at the Masters and I was hooked from there. I wish he could last forever, but that’s me being selfish.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ConferenceRoom said:

Fair point, can’t argue with it. My perspective is that Tiger is the reason I love golf. I was 11 when my dad told me to look at this kid lapping the field at the Masters and I was hooked from there. I wish he could last forever, but that’s me being selfish.

What are you then- about 35 or so?  Just starting to feel the body slip a little bit. 
I had this realization one day right after I turned 40 and I hit one absolutely on the screws and it went 270 or 275… it didn’t matter how much I practiced or played I would never ever ever be as good as I was when I was 19 and a 1.6 handicap. 
Tiger has that going for him x10. 

• Like 1

What’s funny is that as bad as his ball striking has been on some shots today- every one of his bogeys/doubles have come with putter in his hand. 3 putt 1, 4 putt 5, 3 putt 9 and then putter from just off the green at 11. 
if he doesn’t get up and down here on 14 it will be his first bogey of the day from off the green/fringe. 
Also his chipping has been a mess this week. Pitching has been really really good but pitching not so much. 
Nobody was beating Scotty this week unless he really spits the bit coming in, but he could have been top 5. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:
I hate the change at 15. That’s a 2 shot risk reward hole damnit, not an auto layup. 

Blame it on the ball. ANGC is just trying to stay ahead of the inevitable driver-9I par 5 that it was in danger of becoming.

Yeah, so that tee is fine back there on a normal day. When it’s cold and the wind is howling play it as a 520 yard park 5 it’s always been. I think like 2 people went for the green on Thursday. That makes the golf less fun. Don’t do that. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn