2022 Masters - The Return of Tiger

Jive Turkey

On 3/25/2022 at 7:41 AM, dieucla98 said:

There is 0.0% chance Tiger's first competitive tournament back is the Masters. He has always said that he won't enter a tournament until he thinks he's tournament ready and can compete to win. Anything short of that and he's not playing. There isn't a human being on Earth that can be "tournament ready" with the Masters being their first tournament back from a significant injury.

He'd only play the Masters this year in some ceremonial capacity a la Nicklaus/Player but I don't think that's in his character, at least not yet.

this is making me giggle a little too hard.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

hes about to win the whole damn thing.

i've been wrong before but not based on his tee box game so far.  look at the difference between his tee shot on 3 vs. the kid.  now replace the kid with koepka/rahm/dj/scottie/etc...

i think it's impressive AF that he is going to be E after 3 for sure...but he looks really pained on the long shots.

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

i've been wrong before but not based on his tee box game so far.  look at the difference between his tee shot on 3 vs. the kid.  now replace the kid with koepka/rahm/dj/scottie/etc...

i think it's impressive AF that he is going to be E after 3 for sure...but he looks really pained on the long shots.

yeah.  i was kidding mostly.  but holy hell what a story that would be. 

28 minutes ago, huge said:

Tiger swinging about 70% and I think that's probably good enough to make the cut if he can manage the pain.  Course is supposed to play tough today and I think that benefits him more than most.

Right now is the easiest it's going to play. This morning wave has a huge advantage going off right after the thunderstorms passed. Tiger got the best possible draw. It looks like it's only going to get tougher from here to Sunday.

It's going to get cold(er) and more windy. They'll be able to dial this course into the exact conditions they want by probably Friday - which is to say, hard as fuck.

1 hour ago, huge said:

Tiger swinging about 70% and I think that's probably good enough to make the cut if he can manage the pain.  Course is supposed to play tough today and I think that benefits him more than most.

It’s not gonna get any easier. It stormed like a motherfucker last night (woke the whole family up) so it’s as soft as it’s gonna get. 

SIAP:

On Tuesday, Woods addressed his decision to wear FootJoy during a press conference.

“I have very limited mobility now. With the rods and plates and screws that are in my leg, I needed something different, something that allowed me to be more stable and that’s what I’ve gone to. Nike’s been fantastic over the years of providing me with equipment and we have worked, we’ve been working on trying to find something to allow me to do this and swing again. We’re still going to continue doing it and hopefully we’ll have something soon,” Woods explained to reporters.

After the moment with Woods went viral, Nike issued a statement.

“Like golf fans around the world, we are delighted to see Tiger back on the course. He is an incredible athlete, and it is phenomenal to see him returning to the game at this level. His story continues to transcend sport and inspire us all. As he continues his return, we will work with him to meet his new needs,” Nike said in a statement that was emailed to FN.

20 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

“I have very limited mobility now. With the rods and plates and screws that are in my leg, I needed something different, something that allowed me to be more stable and that’s what I’ve gone to. Nike’s been fantastic over the years of providing me with equipment and we have worked, we’ve been working on trying to find something to allow me to do this and swing again. We’re still going to continue doing it and hopefully we’ll have something soon,” Woods explained to reporters.

Classic dick move. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I don't know what Dude Wipes are but I imagine the stuffed shirts at ANG would rather he didn't have it on his shirt.

"After a session with South Austin's mom, I only use Dude Wipes. Takes almost all the odors off my junk, except for the stale odor of Marlboro Reds, but what can?"

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 4