2022 Masters - The Return of Tiger

Jive Turkey

My 2 cents is that Tiger knows this was his last chance for a miracle, and that the damage to his foot/leg is too severe to ever compete at the highest level again. He pushed himself to make this Masters and he may pull a horseshoe out of his ass and make the cut this weekend, but the weather and terrain at Augusta is gonna end up setting him back. He's not going to be up for majors in 4 consecutive months. I bet he skips the PGA citing a "setback" in his rehab. The only other major I definitely see him playing in this year is St. Andrews for the 150th Open Championship.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

My 2 cents is that Tiger knows this was his last chance for a miracle, and that the damage to his foot/leg is too severe to ever compete at the highest level again. He pushed himself to make this Masters and he may pull a horseshoe out of his ass and make the cut this weekend, but the weather and terrain at Augusta is gonna end up setting him back. He's not going to be up for majors in 4 consecutive months. I bet he skips the PGA citing a "setback" in his rehab. The only other major I definitely see him playing in this year is St. Andrews for the 150th Open Championship.

Are there any requirements Tiger has to meet to be eligible to play in any of the 3 remaining Majors in 2022??

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I thought it was a good debate and both sides made good points....its Tiger, he does what you dont expect.

I thought those two guys were just seeing something that wasn't there. Perhaps he will make the cut, maybe he won't but, I don't see him winning - and that is what those two guys were insisting.

I just think he is not the same body he was when he won in 2019. That win, 11 years between titles, was his miracle comeback.

Scottie would do well to try and extend this by a couple more shots. There's a ton of danger lurking just 5 or 6 shots back. Someone will get hot tomorrow morning.

Also - can't remember 10 and 11 ever playing this hard. Just a brutal 2 hole stretch today. 

Edited by ztejas

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Just an unreal back 9 considering the circumstances. He was well on his way to a full on implosion and has almost clawed all the way back. There will never be another Tiger. 

Yeah it was unbelievable. As much as I like Jordan I could never see him righting the ship like that.