2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I’m not sure if this is still relevant for anyone; but I used a regular Samsung “Smart TV” home screen to download AppleTV+ app then logged in using my normal AppleID/iPhone credentials.

We’ve been streaming without any issues since the first inning…so may be worth a try for those of yall with regular cable and/or Roku only if your TV model allows you to stream directly from the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

Say what you will about Siri but he can create havoc unlike anyone we have. 

Yes- he is a chaos agent. I don’t trust him at all. I think he’s going to strike out 35% of the time or something stupid like that- but he will push the envelope in ways nobody else on the team will. I hadn’t thought about that before. It’s probably not a terrible quality to have in a 5th OF/deep bench player. 

Just now, WBT said:

Why does the "reach base probability" change after a 2-strike foul?

And how do they know it to 4 significant digits?

Theoretically the more pitches you see in an AB the better the chance the batter has to get on bc he’s seen more pitches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Why does Tucker always look awkward catching the ball?

He sort of looks awkward doing lots of stuff while being really athletic. He’s probably our best base stealing regular, but does not look like he’s super fast. The catch thing is pretty casual and usually below the neck sort of.
Reminds me a little bit of Pence in being really athletic but awkward looking. For Pence it was how he looked throwing.   

He sort of looks awkward doing lots of stuff while being really athletic. He’s probably our best base stealing regular, but does not look like he’s super fast. The catch thing is pretty casual and usually below the neck sort of.
Reminds me a little bit of Pence in being really athletic but awkward looking. For Pence it was how he looked throwing.   

Like that swing
  • Hook 'Em 1