2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

this game was just weird.  starting with the angels pitcher trying to pitch before official game time, to that zombie hungover swing from astro batters, to position/line up changes for early season day off, to .....everything.  forget it and get back on track.  90 wins is the goal.

Let's say I live in Austin and want to watch Astros games this season. I have Youtube TV as my provider. What channel(s) are going to carry the Astros?
(This is where you tell me, silly boy, the Astros games won't be on any regular basic cable network, they're only on some AT&T-exclusive bullshit. And even if an Astros game happens to fall onto a basic cable channel, it's going to be blacked out in Austin for reasons.)

Bumping for another POV since this one hits close to home…

If hassle-free viewing is important to you (and/or you are Surly
It is bullshit expensive (like $65/mo), but also gives you a ton of other channels that (presumably) allows you to cancel all other streaming services outside of Netflix. Fubo also generally performs very well on the web-based service and mobile app if you like to watch games on your phone and/or on laptop.

Pro-Tip: If you are cost-averse to Fubo but are also confident in the Astros…bet $500 on them to win the division (using free bet @ -175) + another $150 to win ALCS (+450) and an extra $100 for World Series (+1000)….If they win the division then your next two bets become a “free roll”; if they win the pennant you’ll win equivalent of two full seasons of Fubo coverage, and if they win the title you get an extra grand to offset what you paid to attend one of the WS games.

I’ve adopted the same general strategy since 2019 and had good success (having them at +1100 for pennant last year was awesome)…plus owning a division title futures bet also makes the regular season a lot more “fun” since there’s something at stake every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3

Dunno what happened rest of my original post, so I guess I will try again; sorry for the spam:

========

Bumping for another POV since this one hits close to home…

If hassle-free viewing is important to you (and/or you are Surly 8%), then best approach is to purchase a FuboTV subscription; which enables you to stream the standard ATT SportsNet broadcast (on any device like Roku or SmartTV) without blackout restriction as if you were living in the Houston market.

It is bullshit expensive (like $65/mo), but also gives you a ton of other channels that (presumably) will allow you to cancel all other streaming services (outside of maybe Netflix). Fubo also generally performs very well on their web-based service and mobile app if you like to watch games on your phone and/or laptop.

Pro-Tip: If you are cost-averse to Fubo but are also confident in the Astros…bet $500 on them to win the division (@ -175) + another $150 to win ALCS (+450) and an extra $100 for World Series (+1000)….If they win the division then your next two bets become a “free roll”; if they win the pennant you’ll win equivalent of two full seasons of Fubo coverage, and if they win the title you get an extra grand to offset what you paid to attend one of the WS games.

I’ve adopted the same general strategy since 2019 and had good success (having them at +1100 for pennant last year was awesome)…plus owning a division title futures bet also makes the regular season a lot more “fun” since there’s something at stake every night.

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m not normally one to bitch about Dusty and his lineups but this is just stupid, especially with days off tomorrow and Thursday. Hell, Brantley has only played defense in 1 game. 

Yeah. Dusty is going to do Dusty things. He's a very good manager of people. He's been lucky to manage some of the greatest individual talent in baseball history, but there is a reason he's never won in October. It's game 4 and the days off are already fucking stupid, but I kinda understand with the shortened ST. It is just one of those things, 3rd season in with Dusty. 

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah. Dusty is going to do Dusty things. He's a very good manager of people. He's been lucky to manage some of the greatest individual talent in baseball history, but there is a reason he's never won in October. It's game 4 and the days off are already fucking stupid, but I kinda understand with the shortened ST. It is just one of those things, 3rd season in with Dusty. 

Siri leading off is always a mistake. Unless La Pina is hurt, he doesn’t need 2 days off in a 4 game series. 

• Haha 1

This lineup is fucking stupid. Can anyone explain the logic of Tucker batting behind Siri, Pena and Diaz in the order? (Hint: you can’t because it’s fucking asinine.)

Also, is it necessary to rest Altuve and Brantley when Yuli is already out?

Why they just decide to regularly play the B team is fucking beyond me.

• Hook 'Em 2