2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

Does Bregman really need a rest day the third game of the season?

Of course he does. And really that should be ok. Diaz is fine as a replacement and Bregman apparently isn’t iron man. He’s been dinged and not awesome 2 years in a row. If he plays 130 games that’s fine with me. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

40 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Ugh Chas don't do that plz. Headfirst slides into first are just wtf

So Chaz has been pretty decent his whole career but Dusty pretty clearly hates him. He could just be a total moron. I remember one of those Astros candid interviews and they answered his name to a question that might have indicated he is an idiot. 
sliding into first for no reason would fit with that. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Brutally bad non call for JV against Ohtani. That ball was over the middle and 6 inches inside the strike zone. 
ready for robot umps. 

Well, the called strike 3 was a ball, so it evened out. I like the idea they are trying in the minors. You get 3 challenges a game, but you get to keep your challenges if you are right.

I believe either the batter or catcher can challenge, imagine the challenge in Game 3 of ALDS when the ump missed strike 3 on Grandal before his homer.

Edited by HtownHorn

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, the called strike 3 was a ball, so it evened out. I like the idea they are trying in the minors. You get 3 challenges a game, but you get to keep your challenges if you are right.

I believe either the batter or catcher can challenge, imagine the challenge in Game 3 of ALDS when the ump missed strike 3 on Grandal before his homer.

I had not heard that. Interesting. For that to work it would have to be as quick as the replays in tennis on line calls that last like 8 seconds tops imo. If it involves umpires putting on headsets I’m out. 

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Also- it was so freaking close I wouldn’t care either way if it went for me or against me. I only get wound up about calls when it’s at least 6 inches inside or outside the zone. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I had not heard that. Interesting. For that to work it would have to be as quick as the replays in tennis on line calls that last like 8 seconds tops imo. If it involves umpires putting on headsets I’m out. 

Nope to the headsets. It's done on the scoreboard, just like in tennis. Everyone in the stadium gets to see.

• Hook 'Em 1