2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

For those without Apple TV for tonite's game:  

Spoiler

https://v2.sportsurge.net/ should have links for our Friday night game (and the rest of the season, it was golden last year), and probably https://therealstreamhub.site/showthread.php?tid=728

Not every link worked tonight or had the away feed, but Sportsrp.com and Bestsolaris both had it in the Sportsurge list (After finding 2 away feeds that worked I didn't test out the bottom half of the list.)  As a backup, FSLive worked in The Real Stream Hub list.

8 of my other link sites from last year either have disappeared or didn't offer the game (either home or away.)  I haven't searched for new sites, hopefully Sportsurge will be sufficient this year.

Edited by clapclapclap

52 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t want a rage emoji there, just a bummed out one if we had one. It won’t just be the double play- he was also awesome on the relay throws from the OF. A real weapon defensively. 
I got made fun of wearing my Correa shirt jersey to Minute Maid one day in 2018 or 19 or whenever he was bad and had the back thing going on. I never got the sense he was beloved by most of our fan base and I guess I never got that. To my way of thinking he was the most talented Astro regular I’ve ever seen. Not the most accomplished (still haven’t seen his peak at 27 probably) but just dripping talent and could do everything on a baseball diamond. 

the announcers are right to say it’s not going to be fair (to him) to compare him to ‘Los. Hope he gets a knock in the 9th to get it going. 

Beltran in our half year with him was that kind of just all around talent. 

I agree with you Wulaw, CC was my favorite Astro from the time he made the big league roster.  His incredible defense and arm were a pleasure to watch. 

I am also bummed to not be able to watch him make plays in the field day in and day out anymore.

I especially loved the role he played post scandal to address all the haters and that will definitely be missed in the clubhouse.

If losing George was the heart of the club, Carlos was the spirit of the team and I hope there is someone who can fill that role.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Impressive opening game win.  Valdez went full Valdez.  He's solid and very effective. 

Alvarez's swing is like watching the opening drive off the tee box.  Absolutely beautiful.  Damn heater landed in the trees.

Bregman woke up. Seems like himself again.

Sloppy towards the end, but so what. 

The new SS is good.  Needs a quicker transfer with tosses to first.

Take the win.  1-0.

While I agree that Pena's arm isn't anywhere close to Correa, but we are talking like fucking elite of the elite, another problem that doesn't help is how shitty Altuve's arm is.  Correa was so good it just overshadows this.  Now that Pena is average, Altuve is gonna have to step his game up as well to get good, quick feeds etc.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Scraps said:
9 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:
Embrace the heel turn.   Love it.  Just stop saying sketch.  

You do realize they said it because Tepera said we were still doing "sketchy" stuff

Yep, that was top notch content from the Astros social media peep last night.

35 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Should we be concerned about the velocity drop for Pressly last night?

I would normally say absolutely but the fact that the Astros felt good enough to give him an extension somewhat eases my fears.   

Edited by TonyTexas

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I would normally say absolutely but the fact that the Astros felt good enough to give him an extension somewhat eases my fears.   

It’s super weird. That’s a huge velo drop and the “adrenaline” excuse doesn’t work anymore. Still, Click would have to be retarded to sign that extension if this velo drop was relayed to an injury or some other cause that won’t quickly fix itself.  

Ok- this is absolutely awesome.  The guy who got closest to the guess the line for Framber was none other than @Guadaloopy who went with the Steve Nebraska line of 9/0/0/0/27K's and 81 pitches.  

Pretty good when the closest to the guess was the guy who guessed perfect.  @Guadaloopy I've got 2 for you for opening night.  If you can't go opening night let me know and we will set up another game.

Next best was @Viper.  You've got 2 on opening night as well.  Let me know if you can't make it we will set up something else.

On the list @TonyTexas @IDIOTsavant @UTexasFight, @kevwun @Jshep34 @Bregs.  You guys are all guaranteed 2 in April or May if you want them.  Get with me and we will go after games.

Anyone else who wants in on the fun PM me.  I'm making a list and checking it twice.  Will figure something out probably every month to give them away by lotto or contest. 

Enjoy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok- this is absolutely awesome.  The guy who got closest to the guess the line for Framber was none other than @Guadaloopy who went with the Steve Nebraska line of 9/0/0/0/27K's and 81 pitches.  

Pretty good when the closest to the guess was the guy who guessed perfect.  @Guadaloopy I've got 2 for you for opening night.  If you can't go opening night let me know and we will set up another game.

Next best was @Viper.  You've got 2 on opening night as well.  Let me know if you can't make it we will set up something else.

On the list @TonyTexas @IDIOTsavant @UTexasFight, @kevwun @Jshep34 @Bregs.  You guys are all guaranteed 2 in April or May if you want them.  Get with me and we will go after games.

Anyone else who wants in on the fun PM me.  I'm making a list and checking it twice.  Will figure something out probably every month to give them away by lotto or contest. 

Enjoy. 

Just curious.  You doing this for marketing/business.  Or for the fun of it?