2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m mentally prepared for - zero moves and we focus on self improvement. As is, we’ve yet to reach our potential 

I'd be fine with that.  I don't see any glaring holes and I don't see anyone that we'd bring in that would move the needle that much.  I wouldn't give up anyone that we're high on.  If some team values a couple of prospects more than we do maybe we could work something out.  The playoffs will depend on a lot of luck and who gets hot, like always.

Seattle broadcaster on M's reliever" Work quickly and pitch to contact."
WTF does that mean?

It means not to try to strike everyone out. Strikeouts are boring…besides that they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls..they’re more democratic.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hate said:

It means not to try to strike everyone out. Strikeouts are boring…besides that they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls..they’re more democratic.

I like that strategy for them.

I like Framber's approach more.

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Bleck

now need martinez to get this guy to keep Framber’s QS streak in tact

And done, 16 in a row. 

Framber's last start before the break, Ford was talking about the streak.  Mike Scott has the Astros record at 20 in a row.  Scott also has a different streak of 15 in a row...and those 2 streaks were separate by only one non-QS.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

And done, 16 in a row. 

Framber's last start before the break, Ford was talking about the streak.  Mike Scott has the Astros record at 20 in a row.  Scott also has a different streak of 15 in a row...and those 2 streaks were separate by only one non-QS.

Geez

looked it up

may 9, 1986 to august 8.

then the dodgers got him in the dome for 5 in 5 IP.

then aug 18 through the following April.

(and none of that includes the two starts in the ‘86 postseason with 1 ER and 18 IP)

• Hook 'Em 1