2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Power rankings mean absolutely jack shit, but some of the sites have to put the Astros at the top tomorrow. 

Don't care about the rankings.

The wins are quite gruntling though.

LFG!!!

55 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Yup don't give a shit either, but is a bit interesting after the last few days how people feel about the best squad.

I was irritated with the narrative after we went through the NY teams like Sherman marching to the sea that people still acted like the Yankees were on a tier by themselves. 

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yankees, Dodgers, and Astros are basically equal so far.

Yep. I’d also consider a theoretically healthy Mets pitching staff on that same tier in the playoffs if it works out like that. 

36 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also we were supposed to have the easiest 2nd half schedule.  i have to imagine we just played 5 of the harder games on it.

The 3 game set in ATL, 6 games left vs Tampa, 4 at home vs the PNW eunuchs, and 3 games vs the Twinkies are the only games vs teams more than 2 games above .500 left.

14 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The 3 game set in ATL, 6 games left vs Tampa, 4 at home vs the PNW eunuchs, and 3 games vs the Twinkies are the only games vs teams more than 2 games above .500 left.

I see 9 tough games. The 6 with Tampa, the 3 with Atlanta, and then I see 57 games against teams waiting to get run the fuck over. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I see 9 tough games. The 6 with Tampa, the 3 with Atlanta, and then I see 57 games against teams waiting to get run the fuck over. 

We'll probably rest some guys, save our best baseball for the playoffs, and let's be honest, we'll probably get a little complacent, so I don't see us going any better than 62-4 down the stretch. 

• Like 2